Forget Benghazi. What About 5 Years Of Budget Threats To Our National Security

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The U.S. Military Needs Budget Certainty in Uncertain Times
With threats multiplying, it’s time to get serious about defense funding.

Has it been 5 years of threats over continuing resolution battles, funding budgets, a government shut down, and threats of shut downs?

The GOP doesn't care about national security as much as it cares about stopping Hillary Clinton and hurting President Obama

Thank you GOP Congress for continually putting America's security at risk for cheap, short term, political gain

Has it been 5 years of threats over continuing resolution battles, funding budgets, a government shut down, and threats of shut downs?

The GOP doesn't care about national security as much as it cares about stopping Hillary Clinton and hurting President Obama

Thank you GOP Congress for continually putting America's security at risk for cheap, short term, political gain

If we keep spending borrowed money like drunk sailors there won't be any need for national security.

Not to worry. Obama wouldn't use it if he had it. Trump already said he would build the strongest military on earth and actually take care of the veterans. Be patient.

Thank Obama for vetoing the defense bill. Congress did its job and passed it.

If we keep spending borrowed money like drunk sailors there won't be any need for national security.

Spending, NO. Lack of income, yes.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

The American "National Security" that you're talking about hasn't been threatened since WWII.

Thank Obama for vetoing the defense bill. Congress did its job and passed it.

Could it be the $38B in Republican pork?

No it could not.

"The annual National Defense Authorization Act sets policies and spending levels for the military, but the actual funding must come through a defense appropriations bill that is stuck in Congress. Senate Democrats, trying to force budget talks that can ease caps on domestic spending, have refused to consider any of the 12 annual spending bills."

It is about spending more borrowed money on Democrat pork.

Forum List

Back