Ford Hiring Craze to Handle Green Tech Cars

where does one store their "surplus energy"?

Honestly, I'm not an expert in that sort of thing but he's used that phrase often. He's understandably, feeling pretty cool about his accomplishment.
Maybe he sells it back to the power company or something. Hell, i dunno!

I'll ask next time I talk with him!

On solar panels and excess energy, in California PGE just takes the excess energy on a yearly basis and you start at zero all over again.. Burn the energy or lose it..

I suppose you could store it in a battery bank at your location..eh

yeah, poor guys just has to go through the torment of paying zero for electricty, heat etc... every month.

Honestly, I'm not an expert in that sort of thing but he's used that phrase often. He's understandably, feeling pretty cool about his accomplishment.
Maybe he sells it back to the power company or something. Hell, i dunno!

I'll ask next time I talk with him!

On solar panels and excess energy, in California PGE just takes the excess energy on a yearly basis and you start at zero all over again.. Burn the energy or lose it..

I suppose you could store it in a battery bank at your location..eh

yeah, poor guys just has to go through the torment of paying zero for electricty, heat etc... every month.

Well there is the solar panels cost, inverters are pretty damn expensive, the upkeep & maintenance. But once the system is payed for, I imagine it's pretty sweeeet for a while.

LOL! Yeah and them new-fangled horseless carriages are just a fad! Way too expensive for the common man! All a scheme!
All technology has bugs and is more expensive when it's new. Then it gets better and cheaper. Name a technology that didn't go through that exact phase. Cars, TV's, computers, cell phones etc...
I mean seriously WTF, are you like 100 years old and never watch The Discovery Channel?
Ever heard of the Nissan Leaf? Solar powered calculators?

But hey, I get it. Them thar new "schemes" will never work! Why? Because the god dang DEMS like 'em!
You betcha!

Had Henry Ford failed, how long would it take to get horseless carriages on the road? I've heard of the Nissan Leaf and actually seen one on the road! ONE. Never seen a Volt at all. Of all the technological advances that have succeeded, there are thousands that did not. Either they were impractical or too expensive. Historically, technological advancements come without government support of the advancement to the detriment of existing technology. Really, did you think that the government mandated that people stop riding horses and drive cars instead?

has the government told you not to drive your car? WTF Where do you guys come up with this BS? I get it. You're old and republican. So this is what you are supposed to believe.

The technology just isn't there for the liberal dream of green energy. It's too expensive and too unreliable. Democrats want to wish it into reality and it's just not happening.
You've got that reveresed. For political reasons, the Conservatives are wishing that technology that would be good for everyone and bad for the ME, WON'T happen. Too bad. it will.

Instead these companies are failing, the more money the government throws at them the faster they fail. The only benefit is that for every dollar thown into some green energy boondoggle, democrats get back fifty cents in campaign contributions. It's a money laundering scheme. That's all it is. Green energy is a scheme for democrats to take taxpayer money, wash it real good and recycle it through these failures back into the DNC.

The 'Conservatives' simply cannot comprehend that the technology is out there to make every homeowner independent of the grid. Better yet, to make every home owner both a producer and a consumer of energy. The idea of a home owner, average American, being independent of the big corperations for the energy to power his home and vehicle? Heresy of the worst sort.

I have a friend who put solar panels on his house. He got some kind of huge tax break for it so it ended up costing him zero. Now he has a SURPLUS of energy! Wow!

What do we do while we are waiting to "be independent of the grid" rocky? Freeze in the winter while fat-cat Solindra people are paid off for their support of a fake greenie agenda? America is mortgaged to the hilt to foreign oil producing countries. What do we do while we are waiting to go off the grid, watch our grand-grand kids future get thrown away while we wait for Barry to turn water into wine...or oil?

Let's see. You're old and Republican, right? Yeah that was hard to figure out. Seriously, that so many of you have been manipulated into believing this is a political issue and "bad" is just amazing.

That's not a logical answer. It's a political ploy. This ain't the time in history to dump oil and go to windmills or mirrors in the desert and hope to get off the grid unless the greenie agenda is to ruin the greatest Country in the world.

Ford

Apparently, all these hybrids are doing well for them. Good to see American Company hiring American Workers at higher than lower-class wages!

Thank God, Obama didn't get involved with Ford..

You a Fox News watcher?

Nope.. I've been off the TV cable service for some now...I used to watch O'Reilly & Bret Bair, on Fox..then Chris Mathews and gay dingbat broad for Democrat taking points and humor.

Thank God, Obama didn't get involved with Ford..

You a Fox News watcher?

Nope.. I've been off the TV cable service for some now...I used to watch O'Reilly & Bret Bair, on Fox..then Chris Mathews and gay dingbat broad for Democrat taking points and humor.

More of a rhetorical question. I'll cut to the chase, Obama didn't get involved with Chevy they got a loan under the TARP program that was passed by Bush. So I assume you you have no problem with the corporate welfare Ford recieved over the years?

You a Fox News watcher?

More of a rhetorical question. I'll cut to the chase, Obama didn't get involved with Chevy they got a loan under the TARP program that was passed by Bush. So I assume you you have no problem with the corporate welfare Ford recieved over the years?

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Tax breaks are legal.
TARP was legal.

You a Fox News watcher?

It always gets me with Government, first they legally steal money from the corporations, then they subsidies corporate welfare for political contributions and such.

It always gets me with Government, first they legally steal money from the corporations, then they subsidies corporate welfare for political contributions and such.

How do they steal money from corporations?

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Tax breaks are legal.
TARP was legal.

I would rather push a Ford a 100 miles than drive a Honda a mile.

How do they steal money from corporations?

Honestly, I don't feel like doing research and providing links today.. Do you mind taking my word for it..?

I'm a Chevy person but God Bless American cars.

Same here. My Ford was built in Mexico. My Toyota in Kentucky and my Nissan in Tennessee. God Bless my American cars.:lol:

Now if Ford could just bring their assembly back to the US, I could sing ALL THE WAY! USA! all the way to the local union hall!

I would rather push a Ford a 100 miles than drive a Honda a mile.

Does this apply to Fords built in Mexico versus a Honda built in Ohio? Seems to me that discrimating against manufacturers in this global age tends to leave advocates of American automobiles somewhat....unsure.

Now a Chevy Volt, THAT is still mostly an American Chevy, versus the "other" Chevys.

I'm a Chevy person but God Bless American cars.

Same here. My Ford was built in Mexico. My Toyota in Kentucky and my Nissan in Tennessee. God Bless my American cars.:lol:

Now if Ford could just bring their assembly back to the US, I could sing ALL THE WAY! USA! all the way to the local union hall!

oh please ! GM is the number 1 employer of Americans. That Toyota might have been assembled in Kentucky mostly by a temporary work force making just above minimum wage and with a mostly Japanese management. Also most the parts come from Japan.

Last edited:
My "to belong to daughter" Ford car is returning 41 mpg on the highway, 31 mpg around town, is reasonably quiet for an econobox, will run up to 110mph (at least), and is perhaps the easiest car I have ever changed the oil and filter on, important for a DIYer.

While some of my Fords in the past have been problematic (Mustangs in particular), this one has been trouble free to date.

And ever since one of my Toyotas left me stranded in Salina, Kansas for a weekend, my opinion of quality differences between imported and domestic built autos (of whatever manufacturer) is that they are closer than they used to be. Which is a good thing for "domestics", and not so good of a thing for "imports".

Forum List

Back