For USMB GOP who say "Fast and Furious" but don't know what it means: Explained

Under the Bush Administration the ATF tried a new program to monitor the sale and transport of weapons from gun shops in the US across the border and into Mexico, looking to arrest the smugglers. This was done with the cooperation of the Mexican authorities. The program was halted however when it was determined that it was impossible to keep tabs on the weapons even with the assistance of the Mexican authorities.

Fast forward to the Obama Administration...

Some genius decided that they would do the same thing...only this time the Mexican authorities wouldn't be helping and they wouldn't try to arrest the smugglers. The idea appears to have been to flood Mexico with these weapons so that they could then point to the problem and say that tighter gun control laws are needed here in the US. The fact that these guns were going to ultra violent drug cartels that would use them to terrorize Mexican nationals didn't seem to bother those folks in the Holder Justice Department that were running this fiasco because to quote one of the people in charge "Some times you have to scramble a few eggs to make an omelet!"...in other words...the end justifies the means.

Hilarious. What you're saying doesn't even seem "retarded" to you. How is that possible?

I don't think I'd use the word "retarded"...I'd lean towards words like "ill advised"..."callous"...& "clueless". How is it possible that someone in the Obama Administration didn't think Fast & Furious was all of the above and put a stop to it WAY before Brian Terry was murdered and hundreds of Mexican nationals lost their lives? I don't know, Deanie...you'll have to explain that yourself. Your choices seem to be limited to either the Obama folks are blinded by ideology or that they don't know what's going on in the government that they are supposedly running...pick your poison.

How do you know they didn't try?

In fact, do they actually have the gun that killed Brian Terry? If so, where did they get it from?

And you better start providing some links or it will be you who appears "retarded".

It's the same problem you have with Benghazi and with the IRS scandal...

Gee, does anyone notice a pattern here?

I do not get the pattern of Benghazi and F&F.

I do. Fake scandals made up by Republicans in a transparent attempt to smear this president. Only the IRS scandal was left out. A "trifecta".

This is just my impression from what I believe to be the facts: Benghazi was an attempt by nefarious forces to throw the election to Romney, F&F is massive corruption between government officials and drug cartels and it is not a Republican/Democrat thing, and the IRS scandal is just the IRS trying to handle the massive load for bogus applications by groups claiming to be TEA Party associated so they could poor money into the 2014 election. I figure I am at least two out three. :)

I do. Fake scandals made up by Republicans in a transparent attempt to smear this president. Only the IRS scandal was left out. A "trifecta".

This is just my impression from what I believe to be the facts: Benghazi was an attempt by nefarious forces to throw the election to Romney, F&F is massive corruption between government officials and drug cartels and it is not a Republican/Democrat thing, and the IRS scandal is just the IRS trying to handle the massive load for bogus applications by groups claiming to be TEA Party associated so they could poor money into the 2014 election. I figure I am at least two out three. :)

Benghazi actually happened during a time when there were massive anti US Protest riots going on all over the Muslim world where over 50 people died. This happened over a right wing video mocking Islam and their deity with the aim these riots would happen. Benghazi was simply the cherry on top for the right wing. Worse, right after Benghazi, Republicans raised embassy security by two billion after cutting hundreds of millions and saying the money wasn't needed. I've linked to all of this many times with video and quotes from right wingers so we know this is absolutely true.

There is no IRS scandal. Darrell Issa was releasing partial transcripts and partial lists trying to create a scandal. He was trumped by Elijah Cummings who released all the transcripts and lists. Which is why the story has suddenly dried up. When the actual list shows Republicans, Democrats and Independents being targeted equally, where is the scandal?

And take a good look at F&F. This was written by Oldstyle: The idea appears to have been to flood Mexico with these weapons so that they could then point to the problem and say that tighter gun control laws are needed here in the US.

That's exactly what I wrote and right wingers called me nuts. That is such a ridiculous plot as stupid as "they hate us for our freedom". What surprised me is that anyone could be so damn gullible to believe something so stupid. This is "birther level" "anti evolution" "trickle down" stupid.

Now you want a real scandal, follow Chris Crispie.

Benghazi actually happened during a time when there were massive anti US Protest riots going on all over the Muslim world where over 50 people died. This happened over a right wing video mocking Islam and their deity with the aim these riots would happen. Benghazi was simply the cherry on top for the right wing. Worse, right after Benghazi, Republicans raised embassy security by two billion after cutting hundreds of millions and saying the money wasn't needed. I've linked to all of this many times with video and quotes from right wingers so we know this is absolutely true.

There is no IRS scandal. Darrell Issa was releasing partial transcripts and partial lists trying to create a scandal. He was trumped by Elijah Cummings who released all the transcripts and lists. Which is why the story has suddenly dried up. When the actual list shows Republicans, Democrats and Independents being targeted equally, where is the scandal?

And take a good look at F&F. This was written by Oldstyle: The idea appears to have been to flood Mexico with these weapons so that they could then point to the problem and say that tighter gun control laws are needed here in the US.

That's exactly what I wrote and right wingers called me nuts. That is such a ridiculous plot as stupid as "they hate us for our freedom". What surprised me is that anyone could be so damn gullible to believe something so stupid. This is "birther level" "anti evolution" "trickle down" stupid.

The IRS scandal I will admit I know practically nothing about. The timing of certain events, and not the ones the righties want everyone to focus on, clearly indicates this was no random event, nor was it a Obama cover-up. The two posts I made way back when in this thread, one of the youtube video and the other of the news article, pretty much tells the F&F story. I did a research paper on related topics a while back. I knew there was something missing between point A and point B. As soon as I saw what F&F was really about, not some random border guard getting shot btw, I knew I found the missing dot. Ironically the F&F outrage had happened a while before I did my paper but I had never happened to find out what it was about. The paper was made elsewhere but its purpose was here. ;)

Off topic somewhat this news story was one of the side stories of something I was just looking at.
Largest-ever drug tunnel in Nogales found | USA NOW

I just watched that entire video, Random and you're right...I don't "get it". What does that have to do what I pointed out?

The "don't get it" is that what you are pointing out is such a small piece of the larger picture. You are yelling about one person getting shot when there is an entire small war going on. The "don't get it" was not denying what you said, it is actually agreeing with you but is also asking why are you complaining about such a small piece of it?

It's not the "one person getting shot" that I'm yelling about, Random...I'm yelling about the hundreds of Mexican nationals that were murdered with weapons that were supplied to narco-terrorists by Fast & Furious that the Obama Administration couldn't have cared less about. The appalling thing about this whole scandal is that it took the death of a US Border Patrolman to shame this Justice Department into stopping something that should have never been started in the first place. We deliberately flooded another sovereign nation with high powered assault weapons in some ill-conceived plan to spotlight lax gun laws in this country. Who does that to their neighbor?

Under the Bush Administration the ATF tried a new program to monitor the sale and transport of weapons from gun shops in the US across the border and into Mexico, looking to arrest the smugglers. This was done with the cooperation of the Mexican authorities. The program was halted however when it was determined that it was impossible to keep tabs on the weapons even with the assistance of the Mexican authorities.

Fast forward to the Obama Administration...

Some genius decided that they would do the same thing...only this time the Mexican authorities wouldn't be helping and they wouldn't try to arrest the smugglers. The idea appears to have been to flood Mexico with these weapons so that they could then point to the problem and say that tighter gun control laws are needed here in the US. The fact that these guns were going to ultra violent drug cartels that would use them to terrorize Mexican nationals didn't seem to bother those folks in the Holder Justice Department that were running this fiasco because to quote one of the people in charge "Some times you have to scramble a few eggs to make an omelet!"...in other words...the end justifies the means.

OK, I see the misunderstanding now. The program was the same under Bush as it was under Obama. In both instances the name of the game is to get guns across the border. You adding in the gun control laws has nothing to do with it. Take that out and you have basically got it, both Bush and Obama.

No, the program is NOT the same as it was under Bush! It's completely different in some very crucial ways. First of all the program under Bush was conducted with the knowledge and cooperation of the Mexican Government. They were working hand in hand with us in trying to track the flow of illegal weapons into Mexico and arrest those doing the trafficking. That program was stopped by the Bush Administration because they discovered that even with the aid of the Mexican authorities they were losing track of weapons. I REPEAT...THAT PROGRAM WAS HALTED BY THE BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T WORK!

Fast & Furious was a program started up under the Obama Justice Department WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE OR COOPERATION FROM THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT!!! I REPEAT...WE RAN GUNS INTO MEXICO WITHOUT INFORMING THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT! The other difference is that we didn't even attempt to arrest anyone doing the gun running...we just kept providing them with more guns to run. So what was the POINT of Fast & Furious? If we couldn't track the guns with the help of the Mexican authorities BEFORE then why would anyone think it would work without their help this time around? If we couldn't track the weapons...and we weren't arresting the ones who were transporting them...then what the heck were we doing?

Last edited:

And the IRS scandal (despite Deanie's claims) was not the IRS treating liberal and conservative groups equally...it was people in the IRS chain of command using the IRS to unfairly target groups with words like "Teaparty" or "Patriots" in their names. The reason that Lois Lerner took the 5th and refused to answer questions put to her from Congressional investigators is that she knew very well that she violated the rights of the conservative groups she subjected to completely different standards than liberal groups. That was an attempt by liberals in this government to use the power of the IRS to handicap it's political opponents...something that I can't remember EVER being done in my life time. Deanie loves to scream about the GOP "cheating" in elections but on the IRS scandal where there is obvious wrongdoing that took place...he refers to it as a "made up" scandal.

The IRS scandal I will admit I know practically nothing about. The timing of certain events, and not the ones the righties want everyone to focus on, clearly indicates this was no random event, nor was it a Obama cover-up. The two posts I made way back when in this thread, one of the youtube video and the other of the news article, pretty much tells the F&F story. I did a research paper on related topics a while back. I knew there was something missing between point A and point B. As soon as I saw what F&F was really about, not some random border guard getting shot btw, I knew I found the missing dot. Ironically the F&F outrage had happened a while before I did my paper but I had never happened to find out what it was about. The paper was made elsewhere but its purpose was here. ;)

Off topic somewhat this news story was one of the side stories of something I was just looking at.

First off, the entire IRS scandal happened when a Bush appointee was still in the office Bush appointed him to and Republicans confirmed him in. Obama just left him there I'm suspecting because Republicans won't confirm any of Obama's appointees.

Elijah Cummings threw a wrench into the investigation when he released ALL of the transcripts and lists. See, Darrell Issa was releasing partial transcripts and partial lists to give these ignorant right wingers something they could point to and scream about. Now that the entire list of organizations targeted has been released, the so called scandal just kind of went away. Except for the same morons who still believe that birther nonsense. Their stupid will never stop.

First off, the entire IRS scandal happened when a Bush appointee was still in the office Bush appointed him to and Republicans confirmed him in. Obama just left him there I'm suspecting because Republicans won't confirm any of Obama's appointees.

Elijah Cummings threw a wrench into the investigation when he released ALL of the transcripts and lists. See, Darrell Issa was releasing partial transcripts and partial lists to give these ignorant right wingers something they could point to and scream about. Now that the entire list of organizations targeted has been released, the so called scandal just kind of went away. Except for the same morons who still believe that birther nonsense. Their stupid will never stop.

Cummings did his best to spin the story by claiming that liberal organizations were targeted equally but that was quickly shown not to be the case! Overwhelmingly the groups that were targeted for extra scrutiny and long delays were conservative while liberal groups applications went through with few delays. Lois Lerner didn't take the 5th because she oversaw a group that was evenhanded in how it handled applications...she took the 5th because she was part of a conspiracy to deprive conservatives financing leading up to an election. Anyone with even a dollop of common sense KNOWS that. Deanie of course only knows what he's been told on MSNBC and ThinkProgress...hence the idiotic strings like this one!

Forum List

Back