For USMB GOP who say "Fast and Furious" but don't know what it means: Explained

What's disgusting about the Fast & Furious program is that the Obama Administration continued with it LONG after they knew that they were unable to track the weapons and that some of the weapons were ending up in the hands of violent drug cartels in another country where innocent people were being slaughtered by them.

It wasn't until a US Border Patrol agent was murdered by one of the Fast & Furious guns and a public outcry started that the Justice Department finally pulled the plug on the gun sales. This Administration apparently felt that it's terrible when school kids in Conn. get killed by an assault weapon that was legally obtained but could care less if Mexican kids get killed by an assault weapon that they allowed to "walk" across the border.

Who in the Obama administration knew?

Holder did for certain. There is loads of evidence including statements he made to other politicians.

Really? That's great. Now someone went and deleted your link. Think you could post it again?

Now come on people. I outlined the "scandal" and what was the supposed "goal". How can that not be as stupid as "birtherism"?

So like I said previously, "Link?"

Do you not know who Lanny Breuer is? What "link" is it that you're looking for? I'm constantly amazed by the people on this site who seem to have no clue as to what is happening around them.

Breuer resigned, which worked out great for Obama and Holder on two fronts. He became the fall guy for Fast & Furious because we're supposed to believe that he never mentioned that program to his boss, Holder. He's also the fall guy for the Holder Justice Department's failure to bring a single Wall Street executive up on charges for their actions leading up to the economic collapse. Since Breuer was already on the way out after a scathing piece done by Frontline on the Obama Administration's unwillingness to go after executives who broke the law leading up to the collapse, it only makes sense to have HIM be the guy who takes blame for Fast & Furious and swears nobody above him knew a thing about it.

So you tell me, Random...when something smells as bad as this...do you buy the bullshit you're being fed or do you demand that a REAL investigation take place and that ALL of the evidence of wrongdoing be looked at? People like Deanie buy the story hook line and sinker...but then again...Deanie isn't the sharpest tool in the shed here at US Message Board. So what are YOU going to be known for?

Crispie apparently didn't know what was going on 5 feet from his desk, but Holder is supposed to know what's going on 15 states away?

Since when is the Assistant Attorney General "15 states away"? My guess is his office is very close to Eric Holders. Comparing the traffic jam in New Jersey with the murders of hundreds of Mexican nationals and a US Border Patrol agent is typical Deanie bluster. Just for the record? I've never said that I didn't think Christie knew about the lane closures. They were playing political hardball. I don't find what Christie did in NJ admirable but it in no way does THAT even approach selling assault weapons to drug cartels to further your anti gun agenda. THAT is despicable.

Holder makes a habit of not knowing what's going on in his own Justice Department...
He's either the most clueless A.G. we've ever had or he tells more lies than John Lovitz.

Last edited:
What Fast & Furious illustrates quite clearly is that the Obama Justice Department cares DEEPLY about protecting Mexican illegals residing in this country but didn't give a second thought to the hundreds of Mexican citizens residing legally in their own country who were gunned down with weapons that we provided to their killers.

It would seem that potential Democratic voters have value to Barry and Eric...but not so much if they live elsewhere...

What Fast & Furious illustrates quite clearly is that the Obama Justice Department cares DEEPLY about protecting Mexican illegals residing in this country but didn't give a second thought to the hundreds of Mexican citizens residing legally in their own country who were gunned down with weapons that we provided to their killers.

It would seem that potential Democratic voters have value to Barry and Eric...but not so much if they live elsewhere...

I don't think you can compare the two. One is the Obama administration running solo. In the other the real push is from the Congressional Democrats. There is a BIG difference. The only chance this country has, the only force in the national government which is truly behind the American citizen, is the Congressional Democrats.

Why Obama shares blame for blocking immigration reform | The Daily Caller

I don't think you can compare the two. One is the Obama administration running solo. In the other the real push is from the Congressional Democrats. There is a BIG difference. The only chance this country has, the only force in the national government which is truly behind the American citizen, is the Congressional Democrats.

With all due respect, Random...the average American citizen is slightly right of center politically...Congressional Democrats are far left of center. To say that Congressional Democrats are the only chance this country has is an amusing concept at best. For many Americans...Congressional Democrats are the problem...not the solution.

With all due respect, Random...the average American citizen is slightly right of center politically...Congressional Democrats are far left of center. To say that Congressional Democrats are the only chance this country has is an amusing concept at best. For many Americans...Congressional Democrats are the problem...not the solution.

Granted, but you only mentioned two out of the three. I also only mentioned two of the three. The three being the American citizen, the Congressional Democrats and the rest of the federal government (federal government). You said the average citizen is slightly right of center politically. Debatable but for these purposes will accept that. I said the federal government was the problem. From your posts I think you agree. As rightwinger and JakeStaky (sp) will attest the right has gone off the deep end and you understand Fast & Furious. So we have agreement on two out of three? So like it or not, however far left the Congressional Democrats are (debatable), they are only thing left keeping this swerving automobile of a country on the road. If the federal government had their way we would be over the cliff pretty much instantly. To give just one more analogy it is like some of the passengers on a boat getting pushed overboard. Some people start throwing them life preserves and the others say, "Why are you throwing the boat's equipment into the water when the people on the boat need it?"

Granted, but you only mentioned two out of the three. I also only mentioned two of the three. The three being the American citizen, the Congressional Democrats and the rest of the federal government (federal government). You said the average citizen is slightly right of center politically. Debatable but for these purposes will accept that. I said the federal government was the problem. From your posts I think you agree. As rightwinger and JakeStaky (sp) will attest the right has gone off the deep end and you understand Fast & Furious. So we have agreement on two out of three? So like it or not, however far left the Congressional Democrats are (debatable), they are only thing left keeping this swerving automobile of a country on the road. If the federal government had their way we would be over the cliff pretty much instantly. To give just one more analogy it is like some of the passengers on a boat getting pushed overboard. Some people start throwing them life preserves and the others say, "Why are you throwing the boat's equipment into the water when the people on the boat need it?"

I'm baffled by why you think that it's Congressional Democrats that are keeping excesses by our Federal Government under control? The fundamental difference between the Democrats and the GOP at the moment is that the Democrats see increasing the size of Government activity as the solution to our problems and the GOP sees the opposite.

I'm baffled by why you think that it's Congressional Democrats that are keeping excesses by our Federal Government under control? The fundamental difference between the Democrats and the GOP at the moment is that the Democrats see increasing the size of Government activity as the solution to our problems and the GOP sees the opposite.

As chance would have it I am watching House floor debate on raising the debt ceiling from Tuesday on C-SPAN. Representative Neal (D-MA-1st district) said that when he was a mid-level engineer he paid 35%. Now that he is a millionaire he pays 15%. When Republicans talk about cutting taxes on small businesses this is what they mean. When one tries to extension the unemployment insurance benefits it is a glaring example of Democrats increasing the debt. When an industry gets millions in subsidies it is done without a whisper. The CBO has testified that extending the unemployment insurance benefits would help the economy. I am unaware of any study which shows subsidies to the oil industry does the same. Help to American citizens not rich and powerful is easy to see. Help to the rich and businesses is practically invisible.

As chance would have it I am watching House floor debate on raising the debt ceiling from Tuesday on C-SPAN. Representative Neal (D-MA-1st district) said that when he was a mid-level engineer he paid 35%. Now that he is a millionaire he pays 15%. When Republicans talk about cutting taxes on small businesses this is what they mean. When one tries to extension the unemployment insurance benefits it is a glaring example of Democrats increasing the debt. When an industry gets millions in subsidies it is done without a whisper. The CBO has testified that extending the unemployment insurance benefits would help the economy. I am unaware of any study which shows subsidies to the oil industry does the same. Help to American citizens not rich and powerful is easy to see. Help to the rich and businesses is practically invisible.

Correction on the engineer comment. That was actually a caller on C-SPAN's Washington Journal and not Rep. Neal. Rep. Neal did have most excellent statement/testimony on the House floor. I will post a link if I find one anywhere.

Your notion that extending unemployment benefits "helps" the economy is correct on one level but totally ignores the COST of doing so which hurts the economy in the long run.

As for what that Rep. pays in taxes? He's calling up a favorite myth of the far left...that high taxes like we had under Clinton is good for the country. What he and the rest of his ilk conveniently forget is that it was a combination of other factors...reduced spending by a Newt Gingrich led Congress...reduction of the capital gains tax from 28% to 20%...an increase in the death tax exemption to $1 million from $600,000, and establishment of Roth IRAs and increased the limits for deductible IRAs...not to mention the Dot Com Boom that made our economy flourish during Clinton's second term. Raising taxes on the wealthy is a populist message aimed at getting votes at the polls...it isn't a viable means to creating jobs or a booming economy...yet that same message keeps getting trotted out with each election cycle.

Your notion that extending unemployment benefits "helps" the economy is correct on one level but totally ignores the COST of doing so which hurts the economy in the long run.

As for what that Rep. pays in taxes? He's calling up a favorite myth of the far left...that high taxes like we had under Clinton is good for the country. What he and the rest of his ilk conveniently forget is that it was a combination of other factors...reduced spending by a Newt Gingrich led Congress...reduction of the capital gains tax from 28% to 20%...an increase in the death tax exemption to $1 million from $600,000, and establishment of Roth IRAs and increased the limits for deductible IRAs...not to mention the Dot Com Boom that made our economy flourish during Clinton's second term. Raising taxes on the wealthy is a populist message aimed at getting votes at the polls...it isn't a viable means to creating jobs or a booming economy...yet that same message keeps getting trotted out with each election cycle.

The CBO report did factor in all costs involved in extending unemployment insurance benefits, unless you are referring to indirect costs or non-monetary costs.

The person was not stating that higher taxes are good. He was pointing out the fact that sometimes the tax rate goes down the more money a person makes. When people talk about people paying their "fair" tax it is examples such as these they are referring to. No one is arguing that reducing spending is not a good thing as a general rule. In certain circumstances, extending unemployment insurance benefits for example, where spending might be justified whereas continuing providing certain business subsidies might not. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people paying the inheritance tax, except for the fact they died, anyone dumb or greedy enough not to get around the inheritance tax deserves to pay that tax. Actually it would be the kids who don't like that tax and the argument that they have worked hard for that inheritance does not hold. Although the fact that the parent did not transfer the assets earlier probably does show that the parent were a greedy jerk and therefor the son or daughter might have earned it. I would be happy to go on a three page rant about the dot com bust if you like. "Don't raise taxes on the wealth, and that is all there is to that" is redirection from the real problem in the system which is something the rich and power really don't want to address. Even though it is against their own best interest. All boats rise together type of thing.

The CBO report did factor in all costs involved in extending unemployment insurance benefits, unless you are referring to indirect costs or non-monetary costs.

The person was not stating that higher taxes are good. He was pointing out the fact that sometimes the tax rate goes down the more money a person makes. When people talk about people paying their "fair" tax it is examples such as these they are referring to. No one is arguing that reducing spending is not a good thing as a general rule. In certain circumstances, extending unemployment insurance benefits for example, where spending might be justified whereas continuing providing certain business subsidies might not. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people paying the inheritance tax, except for the fact they died, anyone dumb or greedy enough not to get around the inheritance tax deserves to pay that tax. Actually it would be the kids who don't like that tax and the argument that they have worked hard for that inheritance does not hold. Although the fact that the parent did not transfer the assets earlier probably does show that the parent were a greedy jerk and therefor the son or daughter might have earned it. I would be happy to go on a three page rant about the dot com bust if you like. "Don't raise taxes on the wealth, and that is all there is to that" is redirection from the real problem in the system which is something the rich and power really don't want to address. Even though it is against their own best interest. All boats rise together type of thing.

Let me guess...you probably think the very wealthy have been hurt by Barack Obama's time in the White House...right? After all...he's the champion of the little guy...of the Middle Class! What I find most amusing about the current rant from the far left about the horrors of income inequality is that income inequality has gotten far worse under Barack Obama than it has under other Presidents. Barry is KILLING the Middle Class and that's before they get hit with the full costs of ObamaCare. When that kicks in the Middle Class might as well just bend over and hold onto their ankles. The nonstop quantitative easing that's been going on since Obama took office in order to keep our floundering economy grinding along at an anemic 2% level hasn't helped anyone except those wealthy enough to be able to borrow money at the low rates to invest it in the markets. THEY have made a killing...hence the widening inequality.

Sadly, the uber-hack bitch, rderp, appears to be either the dick-stain that doesn't know what Fast and Furious was OR he's just lying again.

Either way, his OP and he are quite worthless.

If the Democrats have a problem with the tax code, they should change it. The 15% capital gains rate is what some people pay that invested in the market and are living off of their investments. Since they paid 35% tax when they earned it, and now pay 15% on the investments they made with their after tax income, they paid an effective income tax of 50%. I would like to see Representative Neals tax return and see what he does with his Congressional salary. Even if he donates it to charity, he still pays Social Security tax on part of it and Medicare tax on all of it.

Last edited:
Sadly, the uber-hack bitch, rderp, appears to be either the dick-stain that doesn't know what Fast and Furious was OR he's just lying again.

Hello, knock knock. I outlined Fast and Furious perfectly in the first post. Your "lying" meme is on autopilot. That makes you a dumb shit.

Hello, knock knock. I outlined Fast and Furious perfectly in the first post. Your "lying" meme is on autopilot. That makes you a dumb shit.

You "outlined" shit.

You are shit. And "dumb shit," in your case, is obviously redundant.

What Fast and Furious TRULY is, you brain dead lump of shit, is a massively retarded decision by Obumbler's AG (or the staff of nitwits run by Obumbler's AG). It is more a symptom than anything else.

Assholes like you, being the rancid twat of diseased whore partisan hack that you are, don't even recognize the fact that the ASSHOLE decision by Obumbler's AG (and his fellow nitwits) led to the death of OUR people. You scumbags don't care and you also don't mind it when the groveling scumbag AG begs Obumbler to order the invocation of "Executive Privilege." And you couldn't care less that Obumbler then proceeded to do it.

Damn, you lolberal partisan hack twats are a pathetic lot.

Since the uber partisan hack lying bitch rancid whore's diseased twat, rderp, couldn't be bothered to tell the truth in his "outline" OP, here in stark and simple terms (from a liberal source) is what Fast and Furious was ACTUALLY about:

ATF’s Fast and Furious scandal
A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010.
-- ATF guns sting: Fast and Furious operation - latimes.com

The documentary support for that precis is even provided BY the LA Times.

rderp will, naturally, attempt to lie his way back to his distorted and delusional spin, but no number of his lies or posts can alter reality.

Fuck him. rderp is nothing. He's but a worthless piece of wholly dishonest lib shit.

It's one thing to try and mislead people...it's another to try and do it and do it BADLY! That is what the Obama Administration tried to do with Fast & Furious...Benghazi...and the IRS scandals. Deanie simply carries on the progressive's present habit of bad attempts to mislead.

Notice, these right wingers scream I got it wrong, but failed to make a correction?

Look at "IlarMeilyr". What a piece of "work".

Forum List

Back