For those of you who think too much government spending goes to welfare...

Doesn't it kind of freak you out that there is more spending on pensions than education, defense or welfare?

Doesn't it bother you more that our government and people have become so corrupt that 3 of those 4 categories are completely unconstitutional for the Federal government to be involved in and the people arent up in arms about it?

What makes the constitution so sacred? I really don't understand it. The Founding Fathers - as smart as they were - didn't have it all figured out. I mean how could they? How could they predict how American society has evolved over the centuries?
It's called a society that runs itself on the rule of LAW. But then clever Statists as you don't care much for law.

And BTW Evolution has nothing to do with it. Orderly society and principle as they set it up is everything. Liberty is one thing, being responsible for it is another thing dolts as you I highly doubt will ever get.

So he hadn't saved and wouldn't have bought insurance. And you know that his family, the community, charities and his church wouldn't help him?

He's got a 401k, some sort of pension, and a bunch of rental houses he's bought over the years.

I don't know their net worth, but it's maybe half a million or so.

Dialysis is maybe 70k per year. He's got neuropathy, and he's going blind. He lost the use of his feet a couple years ago, and he's had I don't know how many surgeries. Again, just guessing, the medical bills must run into the $100's of thousands per year. There's no private insurance company that would take him. You must know that.

Anyway, if they liquidated everything, they could pay those kinds of bills. For a couple of years. But he'd be dead before now, either way. And my mother would be homeless.

Neither his church nor his kids could or would pay those bills.

If your church would, tell me which one it is, and I'll send him there.

Anyway, the funny thing is, despite all that, he'd still agree with everything you say. Even though he's only alive because of the Democratic welfare program called "Medicare".

I'm questioning your numbers or why someone with a half million should have other people pay his bills for him, but let's say it's all true.

So you think the money for Medicare comes out of thin air? "Government" is paying it? There is no consequence of the government providing six figures a year for one person's medical bills?

What part are you questioning? The part where somebody saves up for their old age? Or the part where their life savings are destroyed by a deadly illness?

Anyway, I'm OK with the ice floe solution, so long as you take your turn on the ice floe, when you're old and sick and bankrupt.

United States Total Spending Pie Chart for 2012 - Charts

Health Care: 18%

Pensions: 16%

Defense: 15%

Education: 15%

Welfare: 11%

Of course your numbers try and pretend that MC and half of SS are not welfare.

It also completely ignores that most Direct Welfare actually comes from State Budgets not the Federal Budget. The Fed just bails the states out, so the states can keep spending Billions on Welfare programs the Fed Mandates they have.

Why only half? Which one?

Healthcare is part of welfare, that makes it 29%.
Last I looked that isn't what the founders and writers of the constitution saw as government responsibility.

Wait til your mom gets sick. Then let us know if you think Medicare is government's responsibility.

Why would I expect someone else to take care of my mother? You want to abdicate your responsibility to take care of your family to a bureaucrat? Seriously?

Apparently you don't. Good luck with that.

My father has diabetes. His kidneys failed. He needs dialysis 3x per week. He'd be dead if it wasn't for Medicare.

(Yet he's still a Republican. Crazy, huh.)

So he hadn't saved and wouldn't have bought insurance. And you know that his family, the community, charities and his church wouldn't help him?

Well, obviously his own child wouldn't...

My guess is, your kids won't either.

You better hope Republicans continue to lose elections.

A pension is part of the pay you get for working. Don't like it? Keep voting Republican. Maybe you've got a couple extra bedrooms in your house. Your parents can move in with you.

This is nothing more than hyperbolic bullshit.

Somehow taking care of your parents is bad to him.

I like Medicare. If it were up to me, it'd be extended to everyone. I'm a Democrat. I believe our community should take care of people who are old and sick. Not to mention children, babies, and the disabled.

You, on the other hand, would have us believe you've got a million dollars set aside for when your mom gets cancer.

Good luck with that. Hopefully your mom won't get cancer.

If she does though, good luck living out of your cardboard box.

Wait til your mom gets sick. Then let us know if you think Medicare is government's responsibility.

Why would I expect someone else to take care of my mother? You want to abdicate your responsibility to take care of your family to a bureaucrat? Seriously?

So a nameless/faceless gubmint bureaucrat passing judgement on whether to get real help or just 'take a pill' and fade away is the way to go? Really, Gracie?

And your ilk has the audacity to call Conservatives heartless?:eusa_hand:

Tic on the back of the taxpayer?... I'll tell you what.... I'll drop off a few of my clients at your house.... look out for your little kids... the guys I work with are sexual predators.... Fuck it.. we don't need your kids protected. You are the fucking parasite who wants everything and not pay for it... not me.. I pay taxes that FUND MY OWN SALARY, Benefits and pension.

See that HATRED M14shooter? Nothing quite like that conservative hatred.

I'm not a conservative whatever that is.

You're the typical government dupe. You think you pay taxes but since 100% of your pay comes from people like me who pay more in taxes annually than you make in a year you're actually "paying your taxes" with my money.

So don't go fooling yourself that you pay for your own salary and pension.

What a lying dick.

I paid $42,000 in federal income taxes in 2010 how much did you pay?

Tic on the back of the taxpayer?... I'll tell you what.... I'll drop off a few of my clients at your house.... look out for your little kids... the guys I work with are sexual predators.... Fuck it.. we don't need your kids protected. You are the fucking parasite who wants everything and not pay for it... not me.. I pay taxes that FUND MY OWN SALARY, Benefits and pension.

See that HATRED M14shooter? Nothing quite like that conservative hatred.

I'm not a conservative whatever that is.

You're the typical government dupe. You think you pay taxes but since 100% of your pay comes from people like me who pay more in taxes annually than you make in a year you're actually "paying your taxes" with my money.

So don't go fooling yourself that you pay for your own salary and pension.

Ok... so when do you want me to drop off some of my people to your house? So what you are saying is that I don't earn my wages? FUCK you. People like you are what is wrong with this country. You want your asses protected, but you don't respect the people who do it and you don't want to pay for it. I hope some privately run Group Home opens one up right next to your house...BTW, about half of the people that I personally work with? Are court ordered to our facility because Privately Run Group homes weren't keeping tabs on them and they got their hands on some kid... one raped an elderly woman in a Nursing Home.

So... when should I drop them off?

I didn't say anything about earning. I said you should fund your own retirement like the rest of us and not have a guaranteed pension when the people who actually do pay your salary don't get a guarantee.

Well those sex offenders and I thought you said they were developmentally disabled should be medicated to the point where all they can do is drool in a cup then we won't have to worry about them will we?

Last edited:

So a nameless/faceless gubmint bureaucrat passing judgement on whether to get real help or just 'take a pill' and fade away is the way to go? Really, Gracie?

What are you talking about? Are trying to say Medicare doctors don't care about their patients? That I should decide what medications someone takes because I'm related to them? Or what?

This is nothing more than hyperbolic bullshit.

Somehow taking care of your parents is bad to him.

I like Medicare. If it were up to me, it'd be extended to everyone. I'm a Democrat. I believe our community should take care of people who are old and sick. Not to mention children, babies, and the disabled.

You, on the other hand, would have us believe you've got a million dollars set aside for when your mom gets cancer.

Good luck with that. Hopefully your mom won't get cancer.

If she does though, good luck living out of your cardboard box.

Family rule!

What are you talking about? Are trying to say Medicare doctors don't care about their patients? That I should decide what medications someone takes because I'm related to them? Or what?
Not what YOU alluded to. Nice try at turning it around. Didn't work.:eusa_hand:

TRY again.

Not what YOU alluded to. Nice try at turning it around. Didn't work.:eusa_hand:

TRY again.

Still don't know what you're trying to say.

LMAO on that on LL.

This country is full of freeloaders. Folks who don't work. Don't wanna work. Why should they when Govt is giving them someone elses money?? Free ride baby. You can bet no one advertises the free ride either. Good luck on figures. LOL

Can you not read pie charts?:cuckoo:

Too bad the black ops and Offense Spending aren't included in the list.
Must be a conspiracy.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChIF6yvTL6k&feature=related]US Soldiers guarding opium in Afghanistan - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back