CDZ For the 100th time, yes, you ARE coming after our guns.

Yep!

Just like in the Obama days when they came around and took all our guns.
in the first 2 years of Obama's regime, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid could of enacted gun laws that could of prevented the Broward County School shooting, but only passed the Obama unaffordable healthcare law. But since you are a dumb liberal(had to leave ass out) you probably forgot all about that, didn't you?

Yes.....they didn't want to lose any seats in Congress to anti gun votes....so obama started Fast and Furious to initiate the gun control debate and stacked the federal judiciary with anti gun judges and justices....as he did on the 4th and 9th circuits who are ignoring Surpeme Court rulings on gun issues......

Hilary had plans to end the Lawful Commerce in Arms act in order to have private citizens and the Department of Justice sue gun makers out of the country.....

Perhaps you don’t know it. Perhaps you haven’t though it through and perhaps you do know it and are being dishonest, but the fact is that you are coming after our guns.

Just because they aren’t at my door today doesn’t mean they won’t be later.

Just because none of the laws being proposed now take away my guns, that doesn’t mean they won’t later.

There are two ways you can take away my guns. The first is an outright ban and confiscation, the second is to legislate my guns into useless paperweights. It’s the latter that is the most likely.

Take for example the current efforts. Ostensively they are designed to stop school shootings. A 3 day waiting period to buy a rifle, a ban on “assault” weapons, and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

In the rush to DO SOMETHING, they have really done nothing. Except infringe on our rights.

Most, if not all school shootings are planned out, likely over a lot more than 3 days. Kids can get their hands on the guns of others and in fact they have. Assault weapons are not the only weapons that can be used in these shootings and are in fact no worse than any other guns. 17 or more people can be killed by pistols, or a pump shotgun or even a bolt action rifle. The kid that shot up Virginia Tech killed almost twice the number of people Cruz killed, and did it with two pistols. As for raising the age to buy a gun to 21, a killer can get a gun from others.

The point being that these laws will not stop the killings. And when, not if, the next killing happens, what then? More laws. Those laws also will not work and then the next killing after that happens, then more laws. Finally, guns, if not confiscated, will be rendered useless.

So, just stop with the “no one is coming after your guns” nonsense.
For the one millionth time, no one seeks to "take" your guns.

The notion is a ridiculous rightwing lie, devoid of merit and evidence.
Alright, alright, I'll come clean. I'm the one wanting to take away your guns.

That's assuming you are a criminal, a domestic abuser, or not competent (mentally ill, too young, too irresponsible, etc.) to use one.

If liberals are fine with guns, why is it nearly impossible to obtain a conceal-carry permit in liberally dominated jurisdictions such as LA, San Francisco, Chicago, NY, D.C., etc.?
If I owned a store and someone was openly carrying a rifle do I have the right to refuse him entry even if carrying a rifle were 100% legal in my state?

Shouldn't the same apply to my city?

Perhaps you don’t know it. Perhaps you haven’t though it through and perhaps you do know it and are being dishonest, but the fact is that you are coming after our guns.

Just because none of the laws being proposed now take away my guns, that doesn’t mean they won’t later.

There are two ways you can take away my guns. The first is an outright ban and confiscation, the second is to legislate my guns into useless paperweights. It’s the latter that is the most likely.

Take for example the current efforts. Ostensively they are designed to stop school shootings. A 3 day waiting period to buy a rifle, a ban on “assault” weapons, and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

In the rush to DO SOMETHING, they have really done nothing. Except infringe on our rights.

Most, if not all school shootings are planned out, likely over a lot more than 3 days. Kids can get their hands on the guns of others and in fact they have. Assault weapons are not the only weapons that can be used in these shootings and are in fact no worse than any other guns. 17 or more people can be killed by pistols, or a pump shotgun or even a bolt action rifle. The kid that shot up Virginia Tech killed almost twice the number of people Cruz killed, and did it with two pistols. As for raising the age to buy a gun to 21, a killer can get a gun from others.

The point being that these laws will not stop the killings. And when, not if, the next killing happens, what then? More laws. Those laws also will not work and then the next killing after that happens, then more laws. Finally, guns, if not confiscated, will be rendered useless.

That's assuming you are a criminal, a domestic abuser, or not competent (mentally ill, too young, too irresponsible, etc.) to use one.

There are two major problems with this. Perhaps you haven't really thought about it. The first is that this thread is about the slow descent into gun bans. Your mildly mocking post does more to bolster my point than refute it.

The other problem is that your answer is unworkable and impotent. How do you know they are a criminal? How do you know they are a domestic abuser? Who gets to decide who's competent? Who gets to decide who's mentally ill? How do you know someone is mentally ill? How do you know someone is irresponsible?

If liberals are fine with guns, why is it nearly impossible to obtain a conceal-carry permit in liberally dominated jurisdictions such as LA, San Francisco, Chicago, NY, D.C., etc.?
If I owned a store and someone was openly carrying a rifle do I have the right to refuse him entry even if carrying a rifle were 100% legal in my state?

Shouldn't the same apply to my city?

Yes you should have that right. Just as someone should have the right to refuse to participate in a gay wedding.

There are two major problems with this. Perhaps you haven't really thought about it. The first is that this thread is about the slow descent into gun bans. Your mildly mocking post does more to bolster my point than refute it.
It was you who wrote "So, just stop with the “no one is coming after your guns” nonsense". I was just bolstering your point. You're welcome.

The other problem is that your answer is unworkable and impotent. How do you know they are a criminal? How do you know they are a domestic abuser? Who gets to decide who's competent? Who gets to decide who's mentally ill? How do you know someone is mentally ill? How do you know someone is irresponsible?
If you're asking how do I know who is a criminal, that seems pretty straightforward, check with the police or the courts. If you mean to ask how do know who will be a criminal, well that is a bit impossible to know but once you've broken the law you lose your guns. Once you're diagnosed incompetent, you lose your guns, etc.

To take guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them there needs to be a national registry. Period.

The OP does not realize that the right to own and possess arms is constitutional, that the right to regulate weapons is constitutional also.

The OP does not have a right to ownership and regular use of a TOW system.

It was you who wrote "So, just stop with the “no one is coming after your guns” nonsense". I was just bolstering your point. You're welcome.

If you're asking how do I know who is a criminal, that seems pretty straightforward, check with the police or the courts. If you mean to ask how do know who will be a criminal, well that is a bit impossible to know but once you've broken the law you lose your guns. Once you're diagnosed incompetent, you lose your guns, etc.

To take guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them there needs to be a national registry. Period.

Check with the police or the courts? Cruz had no record with the police or the courts. In fact, can you name one mass shooter who did?

You didn't answer the other questions I see.

the point is that these laws you and others propose won't stop anything at all. It only restricts the rights of the innocent. What happens after the next shooting? And the next , and the next?

f07c66b66978438ac438a7cc1ba81a61.jpg

Check with the police or the courts? Cruz had no record with the police or the courts. In fact, can you name one mass shooter who did?
If you're expecting anything that will prevent all mass shooting or any other type of violence you're dreaming. We have laws against speeding but it still happens. Gun control laws will give police the authority to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.

Their answers are the same, if a court psychiatrist rules you incompetent or decides you are irresponsible or a potential danger to yourself or others then no guns for you. Do you disagree?

the point is that these laws you and others propose won't stop anything at all. It only restricts the rights of the innocent. What happens after the next shooting? And the next , and the next?
In none of my examples is the subject 'innocent'. They have gotten into the legal or mental health systems prior to losing their gun rights.

View attachment 179849
I always enjoy it when a right-winger tells me what I believe. It's even better when they can't even speak for themselves.:clap2:

If you're expecting anything that will prevent all mass shooting or any other type of violence you're dreaming. We have laws against speeding but it still happens. Gun control laws will give police the authority to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.

Their answers are the same, if a court psychiatrist rules you incompetent or decides you are irresponsible or a potential danger to yourself or others then no guns for you. Do you disagree?

In none of my examples is the subject 'innocent'. They have gotten into the legal or mental health systems prior to losing their gun rights.
to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.
Like the 39 times the police were notified of the Broward County School?

It's hardly the fault of the law if the police misjudge the situation. They are only human and hindsight is 20/20 but had they wanted to do something they needed to have some legal basis for their action.

Wow! All I can do is shake my head.

View attachment 179849
I always enjoy it when a right-winger tells me what I believe. It's even better when they can't even speak for themselves.:clap2:

Not one of the proposals leftists make are in anyway effective, especially if they are not enforced, but worse than that is the general lack of education or thinking ability they and the average person has that leads them to not only believe their own bull shit, but refuse to face facts. Time to give more money to the NRA.

It's hardly the fault of the law if the police misjudge the situation. They are only human and hindsight is 20/20 but had they wanted to do something they needed to have some legal basis for their action.
Nothing like a little hind sight when 14 young kids are killed while the police were shaking in their boots outside.....

After the CNN ant gun, anti freedom townhall with their 2 minutes of hate.......right out of George Orwell's 1984.......there is no way they can tell us they will let us keep our guns........

And now this.....

Oh Look, Another Reason Why We Should Be Skeptical Of Democrats On Gun Control

Now, YouGov has a poll showing that 82 percent of Democrats want to ban semiautomatic firearms, while they’re evenly split on a total handgun ban. This is where the party stands on gun rights, our civil right to own firearms. They want to shred the Second Amendment and the gauge of Democratic Party members offers a dark vision of what could come if enough of these people are elected to Congress. Allahpundit broke down the numbers:

Any vote for any democrat is a vote to end the 2nd Amendment.......and to leave your family at their mercy...

Forum List

Back