For Republicans, greed is good

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Which is more important, that American children get an education, that our people get healthcare, that the roads and bridges get fixed, that advanced materials research be done, that the our military be supplied with the best equipment, that old people are taken care of, that the our debt be paid down, that food and water be safe, that our environment be clean, or that a billionaire buys a new yacht?

If the billionaire does not buy his new yacht, then many people are out of work.

Darn that free market.

As to the rest.....as if the federal government could supply those things (outside the military) with any degree of efficiency or quality.

Get rid of President Obama in 2012.

It's the right thing to do (pun was intended).
OK, but how many yachts do the billionaires buy each day?

Now the GOP do not want to extend unemployment benefits, so millions of people will be buying less groceries, shoes & socks & clothing, gasoline, etc., etc., etc. Then many more people who produce, transport, and sell the everyday things that will not be bought will be out of work.

Who do you think there are more of, yacht builders or people who supply the necessities of life?

Damn that GOP.

Get rid of the GOP in 2012.

It's the Patriotic thing to do.

Last edited:
For Republicans America is a platform for individual fulfillment....For them greed is good.

I'm impressed that you can know what is in the minds and hearts of other people. That is not a skill I possess. Must be nice to know what's best for others.

It's pretty easy to see what's best for America.

Which is more important, that American children get an education, that our people get healthcare, that the roads and bridges get fixed, that advanced materials research be done, that the our military be supplied with the best equipment, that old people are taken care of, that the our debt be paid down, that food and water be safe, that our environment be clean, or that a billionaire buys a new yacht?

It's called the common good. It's something the the Greedy Old Peoples party doesn't understand.

For Republicans America is a platform for individual fulfillment....For them greed is good.

I'm impressed that you can know what is in the minds and hearts of other people. That is not a skill I possess. Must be nice to know what's best for others.

It's called the common good. It's something the the Greedy Old Peoples party doesn't understand.

Liberty and Freedom were never really high on the libeals list. This is very clear.

What is more important is that people get to make choices and not be robbed by the Obama Hood and his band of fat tax dodgers.

When you can define the common good in a way we can all agree...I'll listen. Until then it is nothing more than used toilet paper in print.

If the billionaire does not buy his new yacht, then many people are out of work.

Darn that free market.

As to the rest.....as if the federal government could supply those things (outside the military) with any degree of efficiency or quality.

Now the GOP do not want to extend unemployment benefits, so millions of people will be buying less groceries, shoes & socks & clothing, gasoline, etc., etc., etc. Then many more people who produce, transport, and sell the everyday things that will not be bought will be out of work.

Who do you think there are more of, yacht builders or people who supply the necessities of life?

Damn that GOP.

Yes, and those unemployment benefits come from ?

That's right ?

I listened to Chris Matthews the other day making fun of someone for saying people should leave New York to find work in Texas (where they supposedly have some jobs).

Chris' answer was that they should get unemployment until they find a job in their home town. How dare we suggest that people disrupt their lives.

Get rid of Obama in 2012.

It's the only thing to do (that makes any sense).

It's pretty easy to see what's best for America

Well for someone with omnipotent insight like you, sure it is. Who could deny that you know what is best for all of us. Oh thank you, thank you dear leader.

One wonders if it is your superior intellect that allows you to know the hearts and minds of men...or maybe you possess magic beans? Either way, we remain in awe.

Liberty and Freedom were never really high on the libeals list. This is very clear.

What is more important is that people get to make choices and not be robbed by the Obama Hood and his band of fat tax dodgers.

When you can define the common good in a way we can all agree...I'll listen. Until then it is nothing more than used toilet paper in print.

Freedom from what or for what?

The Freedom to kill people with guns?

The Freedom to run a $516 trillion dollar Ponzi scheme that destroys the world economy?

The Freedom to spill 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf of Mexico?

The Freedom to die of cancer because you can't afford healthcare?

The Freedom to let old people die destitiute while others live in luxury?

The Freedom to hate you neighbor because they came to this country illegally for a better life?

The Freedom to hate your neighbor because of their sexual orientation?

The Freedom to tell women that they have to have a rapist's baby?

The Freedom to allow billionaire to pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us?

The Freedom to ignore Jesus' teachings because you are too greedy to share?

That's what you are asking for, my friend.

And it sucks.

What's wrong with making America a utopia?

the unintended consequences of utopian policy make life on earth hell

this was the lesson of the Carter Presidency

Horseshit.

The lesson of the Carter Presidency is don't restrict the money supply and don't let the country be dependent of foreign oil.

Three months after Reagan became president, the North Shore oil began to flow.

best time to be in the top 10% was under Clinton, so is it his fault now?

take off your tin foil hat, and re-read this chart - you'll notice that rising incomes for the top 10% are correlated with lower unemployment for everyone else

Horseshit.

The rising incomes for the top 10% comes from the lowering of taxes for the rich.

And how is that unemployment thing working out now?

The Freedom to run a $516 trillion dollar Ponzi scheme that destroys the world economy?

The Freedom to hate you neighbor because they came to this country illegally for a better life?

The Freedom to allow billionaire to pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us?

And it sucks.

Then you are saying the U.S. constitution sucks.

I feel so sorry for you.

What's wrong with making America a utopia?

Horseshit.

The lesson of the Carter Presidency is don't restrict the money supply and don't let the country be dependent of foreign oil.

Ain't it great.

Now President Obama has us right back in the same hole.

Moron.

The rising incomes for the top 10% comes from the lowering of taxes for the rich.

And how is that unemployment thing working out now?

Uhmmmmm I think you tax income. If you lower taxes, it does not mean more income (it just means you keep more of it).

I realize keep is a dirty word for you.

Ask Barney Frank about unemployment.

In the midewest, we seem to be doing pretty well...compared to the coasts.

And it sucks.

I feel so sorry for you.

I feel sorry for you.

The constitution says we should count black slaves as three fifths of a person.

I am more concerned with the Sermon on the Mount than the constitution.

Horseshit.

Ain't it great.

Moron.

Not at all.

The economy is recovering.

Obama is the Democratic Reagan.

And it sucks.

I feel so sorry for you.

I feel sorry for you.

The constitution says we should count black slaves as three fifths of a person.

I am more concerned with the Sermon on the Mount than the constitution.

I can tell you are trying to push your religion onto the rest of us.

Fortunately, the Constitution speaks about that too.

Good thing for the rest of us.

Are you pining for school prayer these days ?

Darn that free market.

Damn that GOP.

Yes, and those unemployment benefits come from ?

That's right ?

I listened to Chris Matthews the other day making fun of someone for saying people should leave New York to find work in Texas (where they supposedly have some jobs).

Chris' answer was that they should get unemployment until they find a job in their home town. How dare we suggest that people disrupt their lives.

Get rid of Obama in 2012.

It's the only thing to do (that makes any sense).
Obama wants to pay for them with a teeny weeny temporary surtax on the billionaires who aren't buying enough yachts!!!!

The GOP want to pay for them by putting more people out of work.

Be a true Patriot and get rid of the GOP in 2012.

Horseshit.

Ain't it great.

Moron.

Not at all.

The economy is recovering.

Obama is the Democratic Reagan.

Obama is a one termer.

The stimulus did nothing for us except prolong the agony of the recession.

Keep trying (inking).

Forum List

Back