For Our EV Loving Cultists

There are at least half a dozen EV models available in the US for under 30K

There are three. The Nissan Leaf, The Mini Cooper Se and the Hyundai Kona Electric.

A couple new ones are supposed to be out but once options are added in reality we are likely looking at the Leaf and Mini Cooper.

The you don;t know very many smart people.

An EV makes sense for a daily driver but you go ahead and ignore all the reasons why if you want to
No, what makes sense for a daily driver is to keep your well-maintained, paid-off car for 15 years rather than buy a brand new EV.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
There are three. The Nissan Leaf, The Mini Cooper Se and the Hyundai Kona Electric.

A couple new ones are supposed to be out but once options are added in reality we are likely looking at the Leaf and Mini Cooper.
1646827555511.png

Most people do not live in cities.

If you live in a city you really don't need a car do you?

Assuming the price will never come down is illogical
Not every city is dense like NYC, actually most are not. Most people need autos. Next thing you know you will tell you have the king of public transportation lol. One of the first questions we ask new candidates for employment do you have your own car and a DL.

"Vehicle manufacturers aren’t only competing against each other for microchips, but also players in other industries, namely, consumer electronics."

Chips are not used exclusively for ICE autos dummy, EV autos use them....probably more so.

Which means auto dealers are not having supply issues? It's all made up? The empty/half empty lots are a figment of people's imagination?

Not every city is dense like NYC, actually most are not. Most people need autos. Next thing you know you will tell you have the king of public transportation lol. One of the first questions we ask new candidates for employment do you have your own car and a DL.
Most people need cars gee what a profound statement. Most people don't live in cities anymore.

Like I said an EV makes a lot of sense for a daily driver even if you want to whine about people living in apartments or whatever.

I never said they make sense for EVERYONE but you people do like your assumptions

There are at least half a dozen EV models available in the US for under 30K
I don't want nor need an extra $500 a month payment. I made my last auto payment in Feb. I bought a used KIA Sportage with 55K miles 5 years ago for $13K. It runs great. No thanks.

I just said that people live in the surrounding areas to major metro centers (responding to your comment that most people live in cities), and your answer to that is that lots of people own their own homes. (If you can’t keep up with the conversation, maybe you are not the smartest on on this forum, as you believe yourself to be.)

MY question to your comment that lots of people own their own homes have to do with whether they need a car or not.

Virtually ALL my parents’ friends have lived in mortgage-free homes for 20 years or more, and ALL own cars. What is the correlation between owning your own house and needing a car??

Most people need cars gee what a profound statement. Most people don't live in cities anymore.

Like I said an EV makes a lot of sense for a daily driver even if you want to whine about people living in apartments or whatever.

I never said they make sense for EVERYONE but you people do like your assumptions
Most people live in large metro areas. They need a car.

I don't want nor need an extra $500 a month payment. I made my last auto payment in Feb. I bought a used KIA Sportage with 55K miles 5 years ago for $13K. It runs great. No thanks.
So what?

Other people don;t have to make their decisions on your requirements do they?

Exactly. I have owned a total of three previous cars, excluding the current one I recently bought, since I graduated from college more than 40 years ago. That‘s an average of 13 years per car, and keeping one’s car for many years once it’s paid off is the smartest way to go.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
So what?

Other people don;t have to make their decisions on your requirements do they?
The liberals are pushing us to make OUR decisions in their drive toward electric cars, aren’t they? Why do you think Biden wanted gas to go up?

So what?

That doesn;t negate the fact that an EV can make sense as a daily driver

It can make a lot of sense for some. Buttigieg made his stupid statement in the face of rising fuel prices which was completely out of touch to the problems facing millions today.

Like so many of those in office (now and the past) they are little more than a comical characterization of leadership.

Stupid out of touch statements, name calling, lying. Unfortunately that is who is and has been running the country.

Forum List

Back