? for deer hunters....

if i hear this one more time 'meat for the freezer'.....baited field permission stands....i know where the tree stand is..they are not hunting on our propety per say but are baiting in hopes of pulling the deer in and over to their field...they have cows on their side....they have agreed to fixing any fences if the cows want the feed...the fences are old and not my problem...i hate when hunters say 'i just wanna put meat in the freezer this winter' as i look at a 200 buck tree stand and what 2 grand compound bow if not more....would that not put meat in the freezer?

if i hear this one more time 'meat for the freezer'.....baited field permission stands....i know where the tree stand is..they are not hunting on our propety per say but are baiting in hopes of pulling the deer in and over to their field...they have cows on their side....they have agreed to fixing any fences if the cows want the feed...the fences are old and not my problem...i hate when hunters say 'i just wanna put meat in the freezer this winter' as i look at a 200 buck tree stand and what 2 grand compound bow if not more....would that not put meat in the freezer?
Not indefinitely. Nor is venison commonly available, for commercial sale. The venison that is is corn fed, farm raised, and tastes different. In addition it has no chance of eluding its killers. Nor is grocery shopping a skill to pass on to your children, that can further their chances of survival, in times of challenge. Store bought meat doesn't teach you how to correctly dress out an animal, while minimizing waste. Nor does it teach you how to butcher, and store it. So yeah... Meat for the freezer is a completely valid reason; for a great many reasons...

Shoot your husband with a deer rifle, blame the deer for turning on him. From then on you will be the only one to give permission to hunt on your property. Problem solved!

At this point it seems as you are being a bitch just because you can...

well damn.....i am sitting about when the dogs go nuts and someone knocks on the door...the hunter dudes..asking permission to go across our property to remove their deer stand..turns out to be long steeper hike than they figured and its an easier hike from our side..they are moving the stand..very nice young men

yes i go out in the winter...winters arent that bad here anymore and last winter i could walk up there most days.....funny how you think people just dont go outside cause of the cold....i do however had to take warmers with me..

Funny how warmers think that winters aren't that cold any more...don't guess that you are aware of the fact that the US has been in a cooling trend for at least the past decade and a half.

uscrn-trend-plot-from-ncdc-data.png

Figure 1. Temperatures in the Contiguous 48 States, 1901–2015
temperature-figure1-2016.png

This figure shows how annual average temperatures in the contiguous 48 states have changed since 1901. Surface data come from land-based weather stations. Satellite measurements cover the lower troposphere, which is the lowest level of the Earth’s atmosphere. “UAH” and “RSS” represent two different methods of analyzing the original satellite measurements. This graph uses the 1901–2000 average as a baseline for depicting change. Choosing a different baseline period would not change the shape of the data over time.

Data source: NOAA, 20161
Web update: August 2016
Temperature Change Over the Last 100 Years

Nice peice of cherry picked lying, SSoDDumb.

how can i ruin or reclaim a baited field...baited with dry corn pellets for deer...does human urine discourage deer?

Get yourself old junker of car for $300. Run it up the hill and turn on the stereo full blast. That way you only have to recharge the battery every other day.

Could do the same thing with a car battery and a 12 Volt radio on a cart. I suggest 80s disco or Abba..

OR -- a big spotlight shining right at the deer stand in the neighboring property..

how can i ruin or reclaim a baited field...baited with dry corn pellets for deer...does human urine discourage deer?
Deer are attracted to human urine.

You are just making your dilemma worse.

Let the corn grow out then harvest it.

That will solve your corn problem and feed you for a day.

Meat for the freezer, buckskin for clothing, antlers for rattling.

In the past, I've moved a cart full of apples some place else. Then buy granulated deer repellent from tractor supply or soemthing. They may have to order it. Spread it with your spreader. There are different kinds.

Forum List

Back