? for deer hunters....

how can i ruin or reclaim a baited field...baited with dry corn pellets for deer...does human urine discourage deer?

Be careful messing about with another man's fields

51CwKMocapL.jpg

o did i not make it clear its on my fucking property......long story....my husband gave permission without talking to me....funny i could have sworn we are co owners and make decisions together..guess not

apparently no one thought i would discover the baited field....he was wrong...now we are a house divided...total scream fest yesterday and its not going to be any better today....

o did i not make it clear its on my fucking property......long story....my husband gave permission without talking to me....funny i could have sworn we are co owners and make decisions together..guess not

Some anti-hunting advocates have been known to violate private property in order to make sure no one eats Bambi (except the wolves and mountain lions)..

But, I do believe human urine keeps deer away.

great now i get to walk uphill for a while to pee.....guess who does not understand the total violation of trust and privacy ....apparently there is now a tree stand (on their property) that overlooks the glade where the baited field is

how can i ruin or reclaim a baited field...baited with dry corn pellets for deer...does human urine discourage deer?
Try using wolves, bears, coyotes or mountain lions to get rid of the deer. Or kidnap Ted Nugent and chain him to a treestand on your property.

Or get some anabaptists such as mennonites or amish folks. They fuckin' hate deer and will shoot them on sight. They don't give a fuck if it's deer season or not.

jon_berzerk is correct..urine might work for long enough for it to cool off, but not much longer...deer are accustomed to our smells and don't react to them in the same manner they did 70 years ago. You could visit the field with a mower or weed eater and cut down the plants the deer are after, or perhaps spray them with round up...or you could plant the field with plants that deer don't prefer...keeping in mind that deer will eat most anything when they are hungry.

Alternatively, you could get over yourself and realize that culling the herd is the responsibility of any land owner with enough land to support a community of deer and consider the fact that while a couple of deer per season may be taken on a baited field, that same field will possibly feed an entire deer community through the winter months after deer season has ended....or do you prefer that they simply starve and die of disease out of your sight?

First you have to get your husband to resend permission to hunt on your property, and make sure the people with the deer stand understand you will call the game warden if they hunt on your land. I would post no hunting signs and keep the game warden's number by the phone. It might not stop hunting on your land, but they will be in deep trouble if caught doing it.

What's your beef? Baiting in deer is no different than using turkey calls to bring them in for the kill

-Geaux

my husband gave permission without talking to me....funny i could have sworn we are co owners and make decisions together..guess not
Just out of interest, had you made the decision together there would be no baiting on your property?

jon_berzerk is correct..urine might work for long enough for it to cool off, but not much longer...deer are accustomed to our smells and don't react to them in the same manner they did 70 years ago. You could visit the field with a mower or weed eater and cut down the plants the deer are after, or perhaps spray them with round up...or you could plant the field with plants that deer don't prefer...keeping in mind that deer will eat most anything when they are hungry.

Alternatively, you could get over yourself and realize that culling the herd is the responsibility of any land owner with enough land to support a community of deer and consider the fact that while a couple of deer per season may be taken on a baited field, that same field will possibly feed an entire deer community through the winter months after deer season has ended....or do you prefer that they simply starve and die of disease out of your sight?

SSDD you are the one who needs to get over themselves.....i have no issue with hunters...i have a great issue with baiting fields on my property...and with the fact i did not know any of this...blame the husband for that...you assume too much ...why do you assume i belong to some extreme...that is on you....not me

had i been talked to...i would know the names of the two hunters and ask a lot more questions...i have given permission to hunters before with conditions...and husband knows this....i am not a fan of lazy hunters and i am not a fan of bow hunters ...total honesty ...no there would not be a bait field...on our property

I would have Mr Strollingbones pay dearly for his misdeeds..... if you know what I'm saying :ssex:

-Geaux

BULLDOG i could make him do all that ....that wont solve the major issue of his giving permission without talking to me..major breech of trust....i will most likely find their tree stand...that wont be hard and put a note just asking them to call me....see how that goes...

I would have Mr Strollingbones pay dearly for his misdeeds..... if you know what I'm saying :ssex:

-Geaux

o he is in elbow land and i noticed he left his lowe's card and his business card on the dining room table..fuck that...this aint about money this is about simple communication

i think what really pisses me off....had i ran into these guys and found them putting out the pellets i would have total gone off on them....threatening them with arrest for trespassing and all...now keep in mind they most likely would be armed...i am not....and when they told me they had ask permission i would have called them liars...and it would have gone south fast

and because he didnt even mention it to me......

Forum List

Back