Zone1 For Christians who believe in Darwinian evolution, question

I have no religion, by definition.

Yes, there is and I've shown you a link that informs you of the theory
Your attacking rival religions says otherwise.

That hasn't been published or peer reviewed and doesn't say what you think it says. It's a mathematical gimmick to eliminate the beginning of time that doesn't mean it's saying the universe didn't begin. That you can't read your own link tells me you are in way over your head and have no background in science at all and are essentially a dishonest person.

No, science doesn't say that a god played a part in anything.
Sciences tells us the universe began.... which you won't accept because you know it does have implications for the existence of God. That's why you oppose the science for no good reason.

No. That's not my claim. That's your claim. And it is a perfect example of why we can never agree on this subject... you can't properly state what I stated. And apparently aren't able to keep straight which poster you spoke with about certain subjects... like the big fish story for example.
So let's get to what the god supposedly said: a universe with no beginning and no end?
Did he mean 'really'? Or was he just kiddin?

You're making a blanket statement on scripture not to be taken literally.

Ding isn't of that opinion yet, but could have modified his beliefs in the last 12 hours.
Same beliefs I've always had. Understand the context, literary style and intent of the author. I don't believe you possess the intellect to do any of it. Or the honesty.

So let's get to what the god supposedly said: a universe with no beginning and no end?
Did he mean 'really'? Or was he just kiddin?
Which atheist website are you getting that bullshit from? Is it the same one that taught you the universe has always existed. God has no beginning or end. The universe had a beginning. Even if it offends your atheistic beliefs.

There's no need to start that sort of behaviour. I'm happy to learn in good spirit what you believe and don't believe.
I'm just saying you aren't very honest if you are stealing from your boss. Are you at work?

I'm happy to learn in good spirit what you believe and don't believe.
Actually you haven't demonstrated that at all. In fact you have demonstrated the exact opposite with your continued misstatement of what I write.

Are you denying that Genesis must be taken literally?
The first eleven chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of historical events that all nations share. So go ahead and misstate that again. Or ask me the same question again even after I have answered it at least three times.

So no, you aren't demonstrating good faith at all. You are demonstrating the exact opposite which is what I would expect from someone who steals from his employer.

Which atheist website are you getting that bullshit from? Is it the same one that taught you the universe has always existed. God has no beginning or end. The universe had a beginning. Even if it offends your atheistic beliefs.

Sure looks like a beginning to me. Rounded off cap is a mathematical gimmick to avoid a singularity. You don't understand what you are reading.

No-boundary-Graphic-v5-897x1720.jpg

The universe beginning freaks out atheists.
You've become angry and insulting already and so we'll give you some time to cool down a bit. Me providing you answers to your questions is only increasing your frustration and resentment.

You've become angry and insulting already and so we'll give you some time to cool down a bit. Me providing you answers to your questions is only increasing your frustration and resentment.
Not at all. I'm amused at the lengths you will go to to argue against mainstream science. I doubt you even read your article. If you had you would have realized your error (assuming you had any background in science that is).

Do you know what created the cosmic background radiation that fills the universe? Any idea at all?

The first eleven chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of historical events that all nations share. So go ahead and misstate that again. Or ask me the same question again even after I have answered it at least three times.

So no, you aren't demonstrating good faith at all. You are demonstrating the exact opposite which is what I would expect from someone who steals from his employer.

What historical events?

But do words also not create worlds?

I think they do

I did an experiment, today, to test your theory.

Standing before this breaker panel…

Z20230117_085843_HDR_800x1600.jpg

…invoking all my power and authority as an electrician, I loudly and firmly declared “Let there be a deadfront cover on this panel!”. Nothing happened.

I tried it again, several times, trying different variations on wording, and how I waved my hands.

Nothing.

So, I tried something else.

Without any more words, I opened this box, that was leaning against the wall below the panel…

Z20230117_085830_HDR_900x1600.jpg

I picked up my tools, and installed the deadfront cover that I found in the box.

Z20230117_091124_HDR_978x1600.jpg

It seems that words did nothing. Using my tools and my skills is what it took to install a cover on this panel.

Well, OK, there were some words involved a few steps back, when my supervisor instructed me to install deadfront covers on the panels in a certain area. But it was actions that made it happen.

Metaphorical and allegorical descriptions in the Bible notwithstanding, I do not think it is any different with God and His creations.

When God said, “Let there be light!”, I do not think it was His words that caused there to be light. It was workers responding to His instructions, gathering huge amounts of hydrogen together into one place, until there was enough to collapse upon itself under its own gravity, and begin the process of nuclear fusion, becoming a star suitable to support the Earth that He would later instruct to be created, and the processes that He would direct to be set into motion thereupon.

I did an experiment, today, to test your theory.

Standing before this breaker panel…

View attachment 748438

…invoking all my power and authority as an electrician, I loudly and firmly declared “Let there be a deadfront cover on this panel!”. Nothing happened.

I tried it again, several times, trying different variations on wording, and how I waved my hands.

Nothing.

So, I tried something else.

Without any more words, I opened this box, that was leaning against the wall below the panel…

View attachment 748439

I picked up my tools, and installed the deadfront cover that I found in the box.

View attachment 748440

It seems that words did nothing. Using my tools and my skills is what it took to install a cover on this panel.

Well, OK, there were some words involved a few steps back, when my supervisor instructed me to install deadfront covers on the panels in a certain area. But it was actions that made it happen.

Metaphorical and allegorical descriptions in the Bible notwithstanding, I do not think it is any different with God and His creations.

When God said, “Let there be light!”, I do not think it was His words that caused there to be light. It was workers responding to His instructions, gathering huge amounts of hydrogen together into one place, until there was enough to collapse upon itself under its own gravity, and begin the process of nuclear fusion, becoming a star suitable to support the Earth that He would later instruct to be created, and the processes that He would direct to be set into motion thereupon.

1. Hate to tell you this, but you're not God

2. I said "also", not "the only thing that creates worlds"

Forum List

Back