For anyone who uses the WOT browser extension

I have it, but it's been disabled for a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up. My innernetz history is pretty boring stuff, but it's still annoying to be tracked by these weirdos.

I have it, but it's been disabled for a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up. My innernetz history is pretty boring stuff, but it's still annoying to be tracked by these weirdos.
It wasn't just your browsing history that was sometimes included, name and personal info and possibly even stored passwords.

It wasn't just your browsing history that was sometimes included, name and personal info and possibly even stored passwords.

Well, slim pickings on y computers for that sort of fishing, as I do nothing financial or personal online; I've been around PC's since the early '90's, and know they aren't at all secure, which is why most computer security experts I know never use them for anything important either, and use cash for as much as possible. My passwords they can have, as I don't have many, and all of them are for sites like this one, so the worst they can do is steal my handle and start posting like Jake or Guno.

Well, slim pickings on y computers for that sort of fishing, as I do nothing financial or personal online; I've been around PC's since the early '90's, and know they aren't at all secure, which is why most computer security experts I know never use them for anything important either, and use cash for as much as possible. My passwords they can have, as I don't have many, and all of them are for sites like this one, so the worst they can do is steal my handle and start posting like Jake or Guno.

That's actually happened a few times as well as someone getting access to the Admin password a few years back and changing permissions giving people who should never have it mod and admin powers.

Yes, that has happened on two sites I used to post at; one had to close down permanently, which was a shame. It was a nice little board.

Forum List

Back