For all the big government fans

it all started 13 years ago when one Miami home was raided on an Easter night by basically an army unit to grab a 7 yo boy from unarmed older woman and unarmed man.

The general public and the media allowed that to happen - THEN - and that was a test.
or was it even before - in Waco?

you ripe what you saw.

it all started 13 years ago when one Miami home was raided on an Easter night by basically an army unit to grab a 7 yo boy from unarmed older woman and unarmed man.

The general public and the media allowed that to happen - THEN - and that was a test.

you ripe what you saw.

You ripe what you saw?

It seems that an animal shelter taking care of a baby deer before turning it over to a incensed refuge in another state is illegal, and actually warrants a raid just like they would if they suspected them of dealing drugs.

"It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

"(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

"When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing," Schulze said.
I
Armed agents raid animal shelter for baby deer | Local News - Home

Big government, keeping us safe from baby deer.

There HAS to be more to this story. I can't see why so many people would have to be involved in the case of a deer rescue that was for some reason illegal.

Of course there is...but Quantum couldn't whine about it if he told the whole story

It seems that an animal shelter taking care of a baby deer before turning it over to a incensed refuge in another state is illegal, and actually warrants a raid just like they would if they suspected them of dealing drugs.

"It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

"(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

"When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing," Schulze said.
I

Worse, GOP big government trying to legislate woman's va Jay Jay. Some call it "intrusive", Republicans say, "Let's take a looksee".

you ripe what you saw.

You ripe what you saw?

Whats ripe for the Gander is good for the Goose

Just posted an article where Wisconsin has seen an increase in Lyme disease.

And from your article.
"In certain circumstances, Wisconsin allows organizations to house wild deer but only with a state-issued permit."

In the two weeks they had the deer why didn't they take the deer to a state permitted facility?

I saw that, it was about as pertinent as when you Seawitch posts articles about reparation therapy.

Why would they pay a few thousand dollars to get a permit for something that only happened once, especially when the dear was scheduled to be moved to another facility the next day? Did the state really need to send a SWAT team out to take down one baby dear that was being hand raised by volunteers that only wanted to save its life?

They didn't send the SWAT team, the worker said they were like a SWAT team.

Apparently you didn't read the article, the sheriff's department actually defended using the SWAT team.

"If a sheriff's department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don't call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up," Niemeyer said./QUOTE]

Want to try again?

What a predictable use of police state tactics in lieu of actual police work. In an authoritarian society, shock troops are the weapon of choice. I'm surprised the filthy pig scum didn't throw in flash bangs.

It was the DNR. Not the POlice.

It was the DNR and the local sheriff. The DNR was there to kill the deer, and the sheriff was there to shoot any humans who got in the way. Fortunately, no one did.

Just posted an article where Wisconsin has seen an increase in Lyme disease.

And from your article.
"In certain circumstances, Wisconsin allows organizations to house wild deer but only with a state-issued permit."

In the two weeks they had the deer why didn't they take the deer to a state permitted facility?

I saw that, it was about as pertinent as when you Seawitch posts articles about reparation therapy.

Why would they pay a few thousand dollars to get a permit for something that only happened once, especially when the dear was scheduled to be moved to another facility the next day? Did the state really need to send a SWAT team out to take down one baby dear that was being hand raised by volunteers that only wanted to save its life?

Which is why they have places for deer, that have permits. And they had two weeks to take the deer to one of these places.

Yes, and they found one, and they killed the deer anyway.

How would you feel if you adopted a dog from this shelter then say you or your child was bit by a deer tick and then came down with Lyme disease?
I would sue the shit out of the morons running the shelter for my medical costs.
The shelters stupidity caused that deer to be killed not the DNR.

I would feel flabbergasted because there is every animal shelter in this country routinely screens animals for ticks and fleas. How would you feel?

Do you know what the safety practices are for this shelter?

I assume they have a veterinarian on staff, feel free to prove me wrong.

I

There HAS to be more to this story. I can't see why so many people would have to be involved in the case of a deer rescue that was for some reason illegal.

Of course there is...but Quantum couldn't whine about it if he told the whole story

Fee free to show me what was left out of the story. The reporter even questioned the sheriff on why he sent the SWAT team, and got a really stupid answer.

Fee free to show me what was left out of the story. The reporter even questioned the sheriff on why he sent the SWAT team, and got a really stupid answer.

how about instead of just saying it happened how about you tell everyone why.

That's a start

That's a start

I suggest you go read the link in the OP, it gives the states reasons for why. If it left anything out, feel free to correct it. If it didn't, feel free to pretend you still have a point.

That's a start

I suggest you go read the link in the OP, it gives the states reasons for why. If it left anything out, feel free to correct it. If it didn't, feel free to pretend you still have a point.

Why didn't you include that in your whinefest OP?

Because if you did, you would look even dumber crying about it. That's why :lol:

They didn't send the SWAT team, the worker said they were like a SWAT team.

Apparently you didn't read the article, the sheriff's department actually defended using the SWAT team.

"If a sheriff's department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don't call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up," Niemeyer said./QUOTE]

Want to try again?

""(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

Four deputy sheriffs is a swat team?

What the worker said, which is exactly what I repeated.
""It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said."

Tell me again where the article said the SWAT team was involved? Do you know what a SWAT team is?
My ex brother in law was on the Sheriff swat team, and they would show up with more than four guys.

Which is why they have places for deer, that have permits. And they had two weeks to take the deer to one of these places.

Yes, and they found one, and they killed the deer anyway.

Why didn't they send it to one in those two weeks. Especially when they are only a cat and dog shelter, and would know they needed a permit to take a deer?

I would feel flabbergasted because there is every animal shelter in this country routinely screens animals for ticks and fleas. How would you feel?

Do you know what the safety practices are for this shelter?

I assume they have a veterinarian on staff, feel free to prove me wrong.

You assume... You prove your assumptions and claims, not me.
Once again, what are their safety practices? And having a vet I am guessing wouldn't be the only part of Safety measures, just guessing.

Wonder if this is the same shelter?
http://kenosha.fox6now.com/m/news/n...imal-shelter-after-receiving-complaints#bmb=1

""They had 10, 15, 20 dogs in each cage. I went to love him right away, and he was extremely filthy. I took my hands off him and it was just black. He was just absolutely filthy, and has mats in his fur and stuff," Dresen said."

Could be a pissed off owner.. But it sounds like there is a few people with bad experiences.

Oh! And yeah! The deer wasn't killed at the sight. I wonder why it was later killed? Hmmm

"Schulze said the employees assumed the deer was dead, but they learned by watching the news that the deer had only been sedated and was later put to death."
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3691317

"search warrant for the raid, obtained by The Huffington Post, lists a Wisconsin state law forbidding the possession of wildlife without proper permits as the reason for the raid. The warrant says the Department of Natural Resources had received two anonymous tips that the St. Francis shelter had a wild deer on its premises and that one of the callers said the shelter's staff would attempt to hide the animal if agents came to seize the it, according to the warrant."

"On its Facebook page, the department notes that its agents requested voluntary compliance from the shelter's employees, and when that didn't happen, its staff "took precautions to keep everyone safe" as they executed"

And the state gives you 24 hrs. Like I asked before, why didn't she transfer it?

"On its Facebook page, the department notes that its agents requested voluntary compliance from the shelter's employees, and when that didn't happen, its staff "took precautions to keep everyone safe" as they executed"

This is all from the link I posted before.

The woman had 24 hrs to follow state law, the volunteers did not cooperate according to DNR. And there is no mention that Cindy is a vet or that one is on site.

Next time QW, do your homework. The lady sounds like an idiot who has had a few problems in the past.

But yes it is the DNRs fault this lady who operates a shelter didn't follow state law.

Forum List

Back