~Food You Find Disgusting~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Have you ever had a time in your life, when you enjoyed a certain food.....and looked forward to when it was served.....and then suddenly, something happen regarding that particular food, that you now find that you can no longer enjoy that food??
I had this happen with spaghetti.
I used to eat it quite a bit, I guess I did when I was a child.....and at some point in my early adult years, as I remember making it for my first husband.
But, something happened during that first marriage, maybe I made it too much, as he seemed to want it all the damn time...but anyway, there came a time when I found myself finding spaghetti disgusting.
And I don't have a problem being around others who eat it, but I certainly don't want to eat the stuff again!
I haven't eaten that food in YEARS~
I haven't prepared it in ages, and I would never order it at a restaurant.
And I haven't been able to quite put my finger on it, because people tell me I'm weird, when I tell them I do not like spaghetti. Not homemade, not Chef-Boy-R-Dee, none of it ~LoL~

Meat.

Since I was 14 years old.

Oh wow....none??
Might be a stupid question, but some people don't consider "chicken" as meat- do you??
Some people label meat as all meat- ground beef, ground chuck, steaks, chicken, lamb, turkey, pork chops, etc....
Then some are just not into eating the cow meat, but will still eat pork and chicken.
Then there are some I know who won't eat pork, I am one...I loathe pork *blech*

Meat.

Oh wow....none??
Might be a stupid question, but some people don't consider "chicken" as meat- do you??
Some people label meat as all meat- ground beef, ground chuck, steaks, chicken, lamb, turkey, pork chops, etc....
Then some are just not into eating the cow meat, but will still eat pork and chicken.

ALL meat sister!

Anything that has eyes, let's put it that way!

Have you ever had a time in your life, when you enjoyed a certain food.....and looked forward to when it was served.....and then suddenly, something happen regarding that particular food, that you now find that you can no longer enjoy that food?
Yes!

I once was a hot-dog junkie. When I lived in New York I couldn't pass a hot-dog pushcart without having at least one (my usual was two) and I always had all "makin's" on hand at home. I would rather eat pushcart hot-dogs than the finest gourmet dinner.

Corned beef was another favorite. If I had to drive anywhere within a mile of Katz's Deli on Houston Street I would be compulsively drawn there and I often cooked corned beef with cabbage and potatoes at home.

But something has changed in my biology, which is not abnormal but more commonly accompanies aging. I am no longer able to eat hot-dogs or corned beef. If I do there is powerful rejection within five minutes, which I attribute to an acquired allergy to the nitrate preservatives used in both hot-dogs and corned beef.

I'm no longer interested in sex. I can't eat hot-dogs or corned beef and Reefer Madness deprives me of another formerly cherished pleasure.

What's next?

Meat.

Oh wow....none??

ALL meat sister!

Wow...OK then ~LoL~
I don't eat anything that swims in the water...no seafood of any kind, so I can understand some of how you feel...and there's enough veggies and fruits in the world :)

Have you ever had a time in your life, when you enjoyed a certain food.....and looked forward to when it was served.....and then suddenly, something happen regarding that particular food, that you now find that you can no longer enjoy that food?
Yes!

I once was a hot-dog junkie. When I lived in New York I couldn't pass a hot-dog pushcart without having at least one (my usual was two) and I always had all "makin's" on hand at home. I would rather eat pushcart hot-dogs than the finest gourmet dinner.

Corned beef was another favorite. If I had to drive anywhere within a mile of Katz's Deli on Houston Street I would be compulsively drawn there and I often cooked corned beef with cabbage and potatoes at home.

But something has changed in my biology, which is not abnormal but more commonly accompanies aging. I am no longer able to eat hot-dogs or corned beef. If I do there is powerful rejection within five minutes, which I attribute to an acquired allergy to the nitrate preservatives used in both hot-dogs and corned beef.

I'm no longer interested in sex. I can't eat hot-dogs or corned beef and Reefer Madness deprives me of another formerly cherished pleasure.

What's next?

Ok, Mike...you no longer enjoy hot dogs or corned beef, gotcha!
But sex isn't a food...(you didn't have to tell us that part) :lol:
Ah hayl......tell us more, I like messin with people! ~LoL

Ice cream since i was 20. I just cant take the texture and the film it leave on my mouth

I'm not much of an ice cream eater either......if I do eat any, it's usually just your plain vanilla, but on occasion I have eaten a tad of strawberry, but not chocolate- no way!

Meat.

Oh wow....none??

ALL meat sister!

hmmmmm.....the mind does tend to wander.........

Wow...OK then ~LoL~
I don't eat anything that swims in the water...no seafood of any kind, so I can understand some of how you feel...and there's enough veggies and fruits in the world :)
I should have added that I won't eat any kind of fish. I think fish are repulsive creatures. They are ugly, slimy and they stink.

When I was a teen-ager back in Brooklyn I had a close friend who was Italian. His family were Sicilians and on Christmas Eve their tradition was to eat eels and the head of a goat -- including the eyes! My friend, Rocco, couldn't stand that either, nor could his two younger sisters. So we had ham and left the table when the eels and the cabbutsil (sp for the goat head) came out. His parents laughed at us and said we couldn't make it if we lived "back home."

They were very strong, healthy, good-looking people.

Wow...OK then ~LoL~
I should have added that I won't eat any kind of fish. I think fish are repulsive creatures. They are ugly, slimy and they stink.

When I was a teen-ager back in Brooklyn I had a close friend who was Italian. His family were Sicilians and on Christmas Eve their tradition was to eat eels and the head of a goat -- including the eyes! My friend, Rocco, couldn't stand that either, nor could his two younger sisters. So we had ham and left the table when the eels and the cabbutsil (sp for the goat head) came out. His parents laughed at us and said we couldn't make it if we lived "back home."

They were very strong, healthy, good-looking people.

Eels......*major puke fest*
I can't bring myself to try and eat lobster or shrimp.....I am almost certain I would die before I could try and eat an eel!

Feta cheese and eggplant

:puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3:

I have to agree with you about eggplant, I do not like it either, but now, I really like feta cheese, it is so grand on a big Greek salad!
Of course, my Grandfather, on my Mother's side, was born and raised in Greece, so the Greekness is in my blood :)

Salad.

Though that may fail the question in the OP because I do not consider salad to be "food". Salad is what food eats!

Meat.

Oh wow....none??

ALL meat sister!

Potatoes?

Meat.

Oh wow....none??

ALL meat sister!

No food with a face!! :lol:

Forum List

Back