Big Apple BBQ !

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As some of you many know already, besides being a rabid political chick, I'm also a die hard foodie. In my spare time I dream about my next big food adventure. That's why I have to spend the other half of my waking hours at the gym...

For the past nine years, either due to inclement weather, forgetfulness, or being out of town, I've missed the famous Big Apple BBQ. Yesterday, through some cajoling, I was able to convince my husband to take me this non-stop bbq fest.

IMG_7185-1.jpg

We got there fairly early, but still some of the food lines were ridiculously long. What bbq could be so good, that someone would be willing to wait 45 minutes to an hour long line? And what's with Asians and bbq? I saw so many Asians there, I thought there was some breach of the Great Wall. I would say 1 out of 5 attendees were Asian. If I didn't know it was a bbq fest, I would have believed it was a nerd convention.

IMG_7170-1.jpg

Some of the bbq enthusiasts were so dedicated, they were eating one bbq while waiting on the line for another. I aspire to that level of being a gormand...

Anyway, we ended up trying out some baby back ribs and pulled pork sandwiches. They were quite good, but it was surreal being around that many foodies. And they had other things going on inside Madison Square Park as well for beer and wine enthusiasts. Also some country music.

IMG_7184-1.jpg

They even had a memorial to Representative Anthony Weiner...

IMG_7175-2.jpg

Looking around and seeing so many Asians, it reminded me why Islam will never take over the world.

Asians like pork too much.

This is an annual event, so check it out next year.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPBXfnIpYI]YouTube - ‪Pace Picante Commercial (1994)‬‏[/ame]

The same can be said for BBQ sauce.......

:eusa_whistle:

I wonder what country these Asians were from?

Because one of my all time favorite foods is Korean beef bulgogi

Which tells me that they would like BBQ

I'm thinkin' many were Chinese, but some of my peeps, too!

But just because I'm a Southern gal...(Seoul)...the BBQ was the other Southern... down home Southern!

So, no bulgogi...the one I'm pointing to is pulled pork. Yum!

And this was NYC and the pics don't give a true impression of how many folks were there! Thousands!

Forum List

Back