Flynn definately broke laws

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
The House Oversight Committee's top-ranking Republican and Democrat said in a joint press conference on Tuesday that former national security adviser Michael Flynn appears to have broken the law by not disclosing payments he received from Russia in his 2016 security clearance application.

Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the committee's chair, and ranking Democratic member Elijah Cummings told reporters that they had obtained the SF86 security clearance application form that Flynn filed in January 2016, one month after he traveled to Moscow to speak at a gala celebrating the 10th anniversary of Russia's state-owned news agency, Russia Today.

Documents the committee obtained later from Flynn's speaking bureau revealed that Flynn was paid approximately $33,000 for the speaking engagement. But they said he appears not to have disclosed those funds on his security clearance application.

House Oversight chairman: I've seen 'no evidence' that Michael Flynn 'complied' with the law

But the Trump administration had so far "refused to provide the committee with a single piece of paper in response to our bipartisan request," Cummings said, "and that is unacceptable."

In a letter to the Oversight Committee dated April 19, 2017, White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short referred the committee to the Defense Department for the documents related to Flynn's security clearance and "contacts with foreign nationals" that predated his time at the White House.

Short wrote that the White House would be "unable to accommodate" the committee's requests for information about Flynn's contacts with foreign nationals after he was appointed national security adviser. Short said much of that information is classified.

This admin is totally frightened by the fact that if Flynn has to face a judge over his lies, he may turn states evidence.

I just can't imagine anybody making a big deal out of $33,000 - except the IRS.
Rulez is Rulez.

What's odd (and hypocritical) about this is that the LWLs don't give a shit about Hillary's transgressions, but seek to make a literal federal case over Flynn. IMHO, all should pay for their transgressions regardless of party affiliation.

Time to stomp out Washingtonian corruption, cronyism and crime.

Rulez is Rulez.

What's odd (and hypocritical) about this is that the LWLs don't give a shit about Hillary's transgressions, but seek to make a literal federal case over Flynn. IMHO, all should pay for their transgressions regardless of party affiliation.

You re right beside me in dreamland!

Rulez is Rulez.

You re right beside me in dreamland!
True! Call me an idealist. :D

It is not the $33,000 dollars. It is the fact that he chose not to reveal that to the government. The very same government he had depended on his whole life for an income. It is about what else has he not revealed. And it is about this admin stonewalling on turning over documents to the investigating committee.

Seriously, think of how amazing our country/citizens would be if we could find a way to get rid of corruption!?!
Never happen though. Stupid Americans actually VOTE FOR IT.
Divine, lets go conquer Antarctica and start our own Republic.

Rulez is Rulez.

Clintons transgressions were proven to amount to nothing except RW hate for the woman .. time to see where the RW KGB path leads.

It is not the $33,000 dollars. It is the fact that he chose not to reveal that to the government. The very same government he had depended on his whole life for an income. It is about what else has he not revealed. And it is about this admin stonewalling on turning over documents to the investigating committee.
They might not have them. Have you considered that?

What does the phrase "appears to have broken a law" mean? Is it intended to give angry incoherent lefties something to mull over until they decide to burn cars and smash windows? ? Imagine a grand jury handing down an indictment that alleges the defendant "appears to have broken the law".

Clintons transgressions were proven to amount to nothing except RW hate for the woman .. time to see where the RW KGB path leads.
Are you proclaiming Hillary never, ever did anything wrong? Nothing shady, negligent or corrupt?

Please explain why many Democrats didn't trust her much less most Republicans. Please explain why her favorability rating was so low. Was it all a "vast, wide Right Wing conspiracy"?

Lastly, please explain to me why you rush to Hillary's defense instead of joining me in seeking to root out all corruption, cronyism and crime in Washington, DC regardless of party affiliation.

Wait. Obama's Commerce Secretary failed to disclose $88 Million in income. Was that a problem?

If Flynn committed crimes then the evidence will be presented and he will be indicted ... unlike Eric Holder, Julian Castro, Harry Reid, and Hillary Clinton, who were all protected from indictment and prosecution under Obama.

My favorite excuse by Obama was was what he said about Castro and Reid, about how they would not face justice for their crimes because 'They are SORRY'.

Yesh, next time YOU get caught breaking the law try using that excuse... :p

"The White House confirmed on Tuesday that Castro, who has been mentioned as a possible running mate for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, won’t face any punishment after he apologized for breaching the Hatch Act during an April interview with Yahoo News’s Katie Couric."

SHOCKER: Obama Won’t Punish Possible Hillary VP Pick Castro For Violating Federal Law

Are you proclaiming Hillary never, ever did anything wrong? Nothing shady, negligent or corrupt?

Please explain why many Democrats didn't trust her much less most Republicans. Please explain why her favorability rating was so low. Was it all a "vast, wide Right Wing conspiracy"?

Lastly, please explain to me why you rush to Hillary's defense instead of joining me in seeking to root out all corruption, cronyism and crime in Washington, DC regardless of party affiliation.

Im not parroting she broke any laws and should be in jail like the dips that cant take the findings of multiple investigations do.

theres more than a "good chance" more than one Republican leaning Trump drone was involved in a money laundering operation with Russians.

Manafort has money laundering written all over his sorry Russian loving ass.

Im not parroting she broke any laws and should be in jail like the dips that cant take the findings of multiple investigations do.

theres more than a "good chance" more than one Republican leaning Trump drone was involved in a money laundering operation with Russians.

The Clinton Global Initiative was one giant money laundering scheme.

Wait. Obama's Commerce Secretary failed to disclose $88 Million in income. Was that a problem?
Well, in her defense, she's a billionaire. To them, $80M is chump change. Having a "D" after her name made such an oversight okay with Democrats regardless of controversies surrounding them.

Obama's New Commerce Secretary: A Billionaire Chicago Hotel Magnate
Even if she got the nod for the position, she might have had a difficult confirmation process. She helped oversee and run a bank in Illinois that was involved in the controversial practice of turning subprime mortgage loans into securities. After the bank collapsed in 2001, the Pritzker family agreed to pay the federal government $460 million over 15 years in fines.

See the richest members of Obama's cabinet

You've seen his ass?

Money laundering? Do you know the difference between lobbying and laundering? There's a "good chance" Hillary is crooked and used her "charity" as a slush fund for foreign interests. Why do you think it's shrunk so much after her loss last November?

Again, why won't you join me in being against all corruption in Washington instead of just being against corruption of opposing parties???

I have already proven Hillary broke the law. A 1st year law degree student could try that case. By law it is illegal for anyone to give individuals who have no security clearance access to classified information. FBI Director Comey testified under oath that Hillary Clinton did just that.

Hillary Clinton, as always, was protected from the law. The snowflake claim orherwise is one of the biggest lies to ever be posted on this board.

As far as Manafort goes, produce the evidence and indict him. I will fully support it.

Last edited:
The whole Russian thing is a ticking time bomb for Drumpf and there is no McGuyver to defuse it.

Forum List

Back