Fluke enjoyed a "lovely trip to Barcelona" before asking for free birth control.

If the premise was so valid, why would she need to lie about it to prove her case?

That's a question to ask her, and only if it's any of your business which it isn't. Whether women should be covered for birth control is a question completely separate from Fluke's character.

Or did you think she was the only person advocating this?

That slut went in front of Congress to demand that all of us pay for her, and her friends, birth control pills. It is officially OUR business.

No, shes not the only one. Lots of people in our society demand that their WANTS be paid for by the rest of us.

WalMart BC pills are $10 a month. My GF uses them. And she pays for them. ANY Georgetown Law student should be able to find $10 a month, right?

King wanted black people to stop being lynched, murdered, raped, denied access to public buildings and buses, etc, etc, etc, by mobs of racist people in the 60's.

Yep. I totally see the similarity.:clap2:

The similarity is a THINKING matter: both are advocacy of a right for EVERYONE, not a special dispensation for ONE person.

The difference is a FEELING matter: one of them makes you feel differently than the other.

Apparently you can't understand the similarity because you're a feeling type, not a thinking type, and your emotional reaction to the two gets in the way of your thought processes. Nevertheless, the similarity is real and pertinent to this thread, while your feelings about the two issues respectively are not.

In the 60's, ALL black people wanted to stop being lynched and murdered.

In the 00's, NOT ALL women demand others pay for their pills.

See the difference? Only SOME of our society demand womens pills be paid for.

So, once again, according to your logic, if the majority want something, then one person advocating it is fine and the premise should be accepted. So in 99% white areas of Alabama in the 60's, if one person advocated the right of "EVERYONE" to attend a segregated school, would you be ok with it?

See, if the basic thing someone is advocating is bullshit, then the whole deal is over. And the rest of society is NOT obligated to pay for this sluts pills, or the pills of any other woman. Unless $10 a month is too much for them.

King wanted black people to stop being lynched, murdered, raped, denied access to public buildings and buses, etc, etc, etc, by mobs of racist people in the 60's.

Yep. I totally see the similarity.:clap2:

The similarity is a THINKING matter: both are advocacy of a right for EVERYONE, not a special dispensation for ONE person.

The difference is a FEELING matter: one of them makes you feel differently than the other.

Apparently you can't understand the similarity because you're a feeling type, not a thinking type, and your emotional reaction to the two gets in the way of your thought processes. Nevertheless, the similarity is real and pertinent to this thread, while your feelings about the two issues respectively are not.

See the difference? Only SOME of our society demand womens pills be paid for.

So, once again, according to your logic, if the majority want something, then one person advocating it is fine and the premise should be accepted. So in 99% white areas of Alabama in the 60's, if one person advocated the right of "EVERYONE" to attend a segregated school, would you be ok with it?

See, if the basic thing someone is advocating is bullshit, then the whole deal is over. And the rest of society is NOT obligated to pay for this sluts pills, or the pills of any other woman. Unless $10 a month is too much for them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's way too logical for dragon, I'm afraid. Any minute now he will either pretend to put you on ignore, or tell you that his reasoning trumps fact because it's his reasoning.

She never asked for free birth control.

My girlfriend and I were having a good laugh this morning over rightwingers believing things that are patently false.

As someone once said,

there's what people want to believe, and what people like to believe,

and then there's the truth.

Fact she misrepresented herself.

Degrading whatever ends up with this sitcom.

How did she misrepresent herself?

Well, especially if you put it in that inherently false and misleading way.

It's true, though, that the issue commands a smaller majority among women than civil rights did among black people. However, that doesn't have any bearing on the similarity I pointed out, which is the ONLY reason I used the example of King's "I have a dream" speech. The two issues could be completely different in EVERY OTHER WAY, and that similarity would still hold and still have the same relevance here.

My girlfriend and I were having a good laugh this morning over rightwingers believing things that are patently false.

As someone once said,

Listen to the testimony...or read it if you have the ability.

Then make a comment on it.

Becuase you are quite wrong.

FYI....2 things...

1) you are a partisna hack and not worthy of my response
2) She discussed how much she makes in a summer and compared it to how much she spends on contraception. She included herself as one who would need free contraception.

As for your giurlfriend having a laugh?

My guess is she would stop once you pulled your pants up.

Quote the portion of her testimony where she asks for FREE BIRTH CONTROL.

I don't get your point?

Well, a lot of conservatives here seem to be confused, and think that Fluke was asking for "free" birth control FOR HERSELF.

She most certainly was, and she used sick people as human shields to ask for free birth control for herself.

She is a most disgusting person.

I attend a Jesuit law school that does not provide contraceptive coverage in its student health plan. And just as we students have faced financial, emotional, and medical burdens as a result, employees at religiously-affiliated hospitals and institutions and universities across the country have suffered similar burdens.

What part of "we students" do you not understand?

Poor baby. She has suffered financial, emotional, and medical burdens. So terrible that she had to escape to Barcelona.

Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

What part of "like me" do you not understand?

She was NOT asking for medical coverage for women who need the pill for medical reasons. She quite clearly was not.

She was USING women who need the pill for medical reasons as human shields to get free birth control for herself and EVERY woman at the religious law school.

Poor, poor little miss one percenter.

"Roll out the cancer lady!"

Christ, you are easily fooled by smoke, mirrors, and misdirection!

You do realize that insurance is not free, right?

As someone once said,

FYI....2 things...

2) She discussed how much she makes in a summer and compared it to how much she spends on contraception. She included herself as one who would need free contraception.

its not free?
Not sure why you think it is. most likely she would have a co-pay of something which you know wouldnt make it free...

Insurance companies collect premiums, then they pay claims out of the premiums. Birth control covered in an insurance policy is not 'free';

it is paid for out of the premiums collected from the policy holders.

There is not one conservative on this board, apparently, who is smart enough to comprehend that.

No, they pay for the insurance. The insurance isn't free to the students.

The birth control is.

FYI....2 things...

its not free?
Not sure why you think it is. most likely she would have a co-pay of something which you know wouldnt make it free...

Insurance companies collect premiums, then they pay claims out of the premiums. Birth control covered in an insurance policy is not 'free';

There is not one conservative on this board, apparently, who is smart enough to comprehend that.

I'm smart enough to know that my current GF, who is uninsured by the way, pays $10 a month for her BC pills at WalMart.

So....what again is the big crisis about women who want others to pay for their pills?

No, they pay for the insurance. The insurance isn't free to the students.

The birth control is.

No. The birth control is an insurance claim that is paid out of the premiums collected from the students who BUY THE POLICIES.

If the money came from somewhere else, the birth control might be considered 'free'. But it doesn't.

If you buy health insurance, and break your leg, and the insurance pays the full cost to fix it,

that wasn't 'free'.

jeezus, use your head.

its not free?

I'm smart enough to know that my current GF, who is uninsured by the way, pays $10 a month for her BC pills at WalMart.

So....what again is the big crisis about women who want others to pay for their pills?

Do you know what an insurance premium is?

OOOh...I do..

You pay it to the insurance company so the insurance company will pay a portion, or in some cases, all, of your medical bills and meds.

So that when you pick up your meds they are either at reduced cost to you..or they're free (to you). You pay the insurance company.

Insurance company pays the bills.

You pay the insurance company.

Insurance company pays the meds.

And FLUKE went before Congress to force the schools to provide insurance that would pay for contraceptives.

Get it?

Last edited:

Durka-der, no Im jus one of dem dumb ole right wingers, I aint gots none of dat fancy book learning you deeeemocrats gots.

Your sarcasm isn't taking this debate very far.

If we all agree to let health insurance pay for these pills, then all our premiums go up as a result. Result? We all collectively are paying for these sluts pills.

All while an uninsured woman can get them for $10 at WalMart (which oddly I've said 5 times or so now, and no lefty has bothered to acknowledge).

There are really only two issues here:

1) Should contraception be considered a basic medical expense and coverage be required? And,

2) If so, should non-religious institutions that are owned by religious institutions receive an exemption from that requirement if the values of the religion call for it?

(Note that religious institutions themselves do receive exemptions and no one is advocating to the contrary, so that's a non-issue.)

Nothing else -- not the personal character of any person advocating either side of this issue, in particular -- is of any importance or significance. This entire thread is a red herring.

Durka-der, no Im jus one of dem dumb ole right wingers, I aint gots none of dat fancy book learning you deeeemocrats gots.

Your sarcasm isn't taking this debate very far.

If we all agree to let health insurance pay for these pills, then all our premiums go up as a result. Result? We all collectively are paying for these sluts pills.

All while an uninsured woman can get them for $10 at WalMart (which oddly I've said 5 times or so now, and no lefty has bothered to acknowledge).

Okay, so you concede that the birth control is not 'free'.

Please explain that to the person who started this thread. Maybe she'll listen to a conservative.

Forum List

Back