Fluke enjoyed a "lovely trip to Barcelona" before asking for free birth control.

There are really only two issues here:

1) Should contraception be considered a basic medical expense and coverage be required? And,

2) If so, should non-religious institutions that are owned by religious institutions receive an exemption from that requirement if the values of the religion call for it?

(Note that religious institutions themselves do receive exemptions and no one is advocating to the contrary, so that's a non-issue.)

Nothing else -- not the personal character of any person advocating either side of this issue, in particular -- is of any importance or significance. This entire thread is a red herring.

Conservatives took such a beating on this issue, it's astounding how they just want it to go on and on and on and on.

This is dragon opting out, as he always does when facts come to bear.

NYC is just lying, per usual.

Contraception should not be paid for if the provider elects not to provide the coverage.

Certainly not forced on an organization that does not believe it in on religious grounds.

She never asked for free birth control.

My girlfriend and I were having a good laugh this morning over rightwingers believing things that are patently false.

As someone once said,

there's what people want to believe, and what people like to believe,

and then there's the truth.

Fact she misrepresented herself.

Degrading whatever ends up with this sitcom.

Not only did she misrepresent herself...The Statist Democrats circled the wagons around her and used her.

Just wait until she finds herself in the same boat abandoned with the likes of Cindy Sheehan.

What a crock. She never asked for free birth control. This is what happens when rw sheeples listen to the fat, alcoholic, drug addicted lushbo.

Suggestion ... Try thinking for yourselves.

barcelona-2011.jpg

too funny.

Sandra Fluke Says She May Run For Office… (But Only If You Pay For It?) | The Gateway Pundit

1. If a child does not learn social rules, attitudes and traditions through observation, through family, school and church, they may be considered arbitrary, and he may endeavor to create rules of his own, based on reason. This secondary process can only be a self-excusatory rationalization for his desires: copulate freely, do not take on responsibility through marriage, do not respect or trust authority, demand governmental support, base political choices upon feelings rather than experience, don’t bother to learn a trade, and so on.

a. Voilà: the generation of the sixties.

2. Compounding the error, the brightest go on to university where intelligent young people are misled into the essential fallacy of Liberalism: all society and human interaction is susceptible to human reason, and that tradition, patriotism, marriage, etc. are arbitrary, and stand between the individual’s spontaneity and his ability to create a perfect world.

In short, man’s reason is supreme: he is God
Mamet covered this in "The Secret Knowledge."

Mamet perfectly characterized the Fluke kind of individual.
He could have written 'she is God.'

My girlfriend and I were having a good laugh this morning over rightwingers believing things that are patently false.

As someone once said,

So...you think a guy with a full head of hair would be spokesperson for "the Hair Club"??

Someone who never drives would be spokesperson for Ford?

Or you would be the spokesperson for Mensa?

As someone once said,

So...you think a guy with a full head of hair would be spokesperson for "the Hair Club"??

Someone who never drives would be spokesperson for Ford?

Or you would be the spokesperson for Mensa?

why not, right on this board we have spokespersons for critical independent thinking spouting cliches and talking points.

Forum List

Back