Flotilla refuses Israel's fishy inspection policy

MuslimAgorist

Mar 13, 2010
Many are raising the question of why the Flotilla refuse to submit to Israeli inspectors. It is claimed that if their aim was humanitarian and not a political stunt that the Flotilla Movement would have graciously accepted Israel’s offer to accept that humanitarian cargo in the port of Ashdod and carry it into Gaza after a weapons inspection.

In the Blogosphere it appears the main point of contention is construction materials, specifically concrete. The Flotilla contained a large quantity of prefabricated homes intended to rebuild the structures destroyed by Israel in their assault on Gaza two years ago. The justification given to prohibit concrete is that it could be used by militants to construct the bunkers used in rocket attacks. But Israel also prohibits plaster, tar, cement, iron, wood for construction and tarpaulin sheets for huts. Israel has offered no advice on how the Palestinians should rebuild their demolished homes without any materials.

An Israeli human rights group known as Gisha published a partial list of items prohibited and permitted. It’s immediately obvious that it’s not about weapons when one sees things like size A4 paper, writing implements, notebooks and newspapers are prohibited.

Gisha calls Israel’s policy “arbitrary in nature”, and not relevant to national security. They give the following example, "Israel permits Gaza residents to receive small packets of margarine, considered a consumption item. Israel bans, however, the transfer of large buckets of margarine, because the buckets are designed for industrial use.” To me it’s clearly not arbitrary at all. The obvious trend between the two lists is that anything which might foster self sufficiency or economic growth is prohibited, while anything which fosters utter dependence on Israel is permitted.

Here are some more examples.

Last edited:
You're response is disproportionate, and non sequitor. I made no mention of racism or genocide. I'm talking about trends in a policy which I have noticed, namely that Israel is not only blockading weapons from Gaza, but preventing all imports which might foster free market industry. I feel more people should be aware of this, and discuss. Hence, posting it in a discussion forum.

I am only responding to you because you appear to be an administrator, and I respect property rights. Maybe you can clarify you're policy? Can you define "advertising"? I'm not selling anything. It seems what you're saying is that I can post words I've written, and I can post links, but I can't post links to words I've written? Is that right? Or are you saying I can't post links at all? How does one attain permission to post links to words they've written? Should I post the entire text with no links? Should I post the supporting links which are not in my words? I'm perfectly happy to edit the post once this is clarified. but again, only because I respect property rights.

As an aside, you're anger seems unwarranted. In deed, nonsensical. It's not even clear what you're upset about. Is it the policy of this forum that administrators patrol around and use their authority to squash open discussion? If so, I'm happy to leave the board and never come back.

Last edited:
You're response is disproportionate, and non sequitor. I made no mention of racism or genocide. I'm talking about trends in a policy which I have noticed, namely that Israel is not only blockading weapons from Gaza, but preventing all imports which might foster free market industry. I feel more people should be aware of this, and discuss. Hence, posting it in a discussion forum.

I am only responding to you because you appear to be an administrator, and I respect property rights. Maybe you can clarify you're policy? Can you define "advertising"? I'm not selling anything. It seems what you're saying is that I can post words I've written, and I can post links, but I can't post links to words I've written? Is that right? Or are you saying I can't post links at all? How does one attain permission to post links to words they've written? Should I post the entire text with no links? Should I post the supporting links which are not in my words? I'm perfectly happy to edit the post once this is clarified. but again, only because I respect property rights.

As an aside, you're anger seems unwarranted. In deed, nonsensical. It's not even clear what you're upset about. Is it the policy of this forum that administrators patrol around and use their authority to squash open discussion? If so, I'm happy to leave the board and never come back.

*yawn*

Want to try again murderer apologista or just admit your head's up your ass?

Bring some actual facts or stay home, babykiller

Many are raising the question of why the Flotilla refuse to submit to Israeli inspectors. It is claimed that if their aim was humanitarian and not a political stunt that the Flotilla Movement would have graciously accepted Israel’s offer to accept that humanitarian cargo in the port of Ashdod and carry it into Gaza after a weapons inspection.

In the Blogosphere it appears the main point of contention is construction materials, specifically concrete. The Flotilla contained a large quantity of prefabricated homes intended to rebuild the structures destroyed by Israel in their assault on Gaza two years ago. The justification given to prohibit concrete is that it could be used by militants to construct the bunkers used in rocket attacks. But Israel also prohibits plaster, tar, cement, iron, wood for construction and tarpaulin sheets for huts. Israel has offered no advice on how the Palestinians should rebuild their demolished homes without any materials.

An Israeli human rights group known as Gisha published a partial list of items prohibited and permitted. It’s immediately obvious that it’s not about weapons when one sees things like size A4 paper, writing implements, notebooks and newspapers are prohibited.

Gisha calls Israel’s policy “arbitrary in nature”, and not relevant to national security. They give the following example, "Israel permits Gaza residents to receive small packets of margarine, considered a consumption item. Israel bans, however, the transfer of large buckets of margarine, because the buckets are designed for industrial use.” To me it’s clearly not arbitrary at all. The obvious trend between the two lists is that anything which might foster self sufficiency or economic growth is prohibited, while anything which fosters utter dependence on Israel is permitted.

take it up with hamas... apparently they are the ones keeping things away from their own people.

:cuckoo:

22yzci.jpg

The source is Gisha, as clearly explained in the OP (and identified as the source of the graphic I posted):

An Israeli human rights group known as Gisha published a partial list of items prohibited and permitted.

This is the linkie for their website:
Gisha Site

This is the linkie for the latest list (partial) of items prohibited/permitted for the month of June:
http://www.gisha.org/UserFiles/File/publications/Products060610_Eng(1).pdf

Today, after continuing world outrage over the murder of nine activists aboard the Gaza aid flotilla (and just hours before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with U.S. President Obama in Washington, D.C.,) Israel makes a bold and selfless move!

Tel Aviv has grudgingly acknowledged that potato chips and canned fruit juice will not in fact push the Jews into the sea if allowed into the hands of Palestinians, and announces it will begin permitting them to be transported into Gaza (for the first time in more than three years.)

Israeli government officials add that the decision to change policy has nothing to do with the overwhelmingly unfavorable world publicity generated by its botched raid on the flotilla, and the glaring spotlight it has shined on the appalling conditions Israel has imposed on 1.5 million people in Gaza.

(But it seems coriander will remain banned, as it poses a clear and present danger to Israel's very existence.)

Linkie:
Israel eases Gaza embargo, allows snack food in - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

The source is Gisha, as clearly explained in the OP (and identified as the source of the graphic I posted):

An Israeli human rights group known as Gisha published a partial list of items prohibited and permitted.

This is the linkie for their website:
Gisha Site

This is the linkie for the latest list (partial) of items prohibited/permitted for the month of June:

Today, after continuing world outrage over the murder of nine activists aboard the Gaza aid flotilla (and just hours before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with U.S. President Obama in Washington, D.C.,) Israel makes a bold and selfless move!

Tel Aviv has grudgingly acknowledged that potato chips and canned fruit juice will not in fact push the Jews into the sea if allowed into the hands of Palestinians, and announces it will begin permitting them to be transported into Gaza (for the first time in more than three years.)

Israeli government officials add that the decision to change policy has nothing to do with the overwhelmingly unfavorable world publicity generated by its botched raid on the flotilla, and the glaring spotlight it has shined on the appalling conditions Israel has imposed on 1.5 million people in Gaza.

(But it seems coriander will remain banned, as it poses a clear and present danger to Israel's very existence.)

Linkie:
Israel eases Gaza embargo, allows snack food in - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Although I am pro-Israel, I must admit the coriander comment was funny. LOL.

The obvious trend between the two lists is that anything which might foster self sufficiency or economic growth is prohibited, while anything which fosters utter dependence on Israel is permitted.

Its a ghetto. How anyone supports the imposition of this sort of life on generations of people is beyond me.

Although I am pro-Israel, I must admit the coriander comment was funny. LOL.

The minutiae of the conflict can often seem like something out of Kafka or even a Mel Brooks movie. It runs the gamut from surreal to slapstick, but with hideously real death and suffering.

Oh, and you can get rid of that link or I will. You can't advertise on this board without permission. And YOU don't have it.

:wtf::
Meanwhile, Ive seen others with links to their own sites, and never seen them challenged this way.
:eusa_shifty:

An Israeli human rights group known as Gisha published a partial list of items prohibited

I should have been clearer.

Legitimate link?

The obvious trend between the two lists is that anything which might foster self sufficiency or economic growth is prohibited, while anything which fosters utter dependence on Israel is permitted.

Its a ghetto. How anyone supports the imposition of this sort of life on generations of people is beyond me.

Hamas supports it.

Otherwise they would recognize Israel, renounce violence, and stop firing missiles into city. Then the blockade would be lifted.

The blockade is because of hamas' terrorist actions,

Forum List

Back