Florida Wants to Kill Kids

Yes, maybe we ought to....

.... revisit the issue of parents who have no fucking idea what their kids are doing.

From the article in the OP:

Pediatricians argue it's vital to ask about guns in the home so they can advise parents about risks and make sure the guns are stored properly, all in order to prevent injury and death in children.

"For pediatricians, prevention is the name of the game," St. Petery said.

"We're not out there to rid the state of guns," said St. Petery, who also owns a gun at home and raised three children. "We're out to be sure if parents have guns that they are aware," of how to safely store it, he said. More than one-third of American homes have at least one gun at home, but a 2007 study found 70 percent of guns are not stored safely.

If you want the issue of idiotic parents addressed and you don't want the government involved, what sense does it make to pass legislation preventing a pediatrician from discussing gun safety with a parent (completely free of any government intervention whatsoever)?

.... revisit the issue of parents who have no fucking idea what their kids are doing.

Pediatricians argue it's vital to ask about guns in the home so they can advise parents about risks and make sure the guns are stored properly, all in order to prevent injury and death in children.

"We're not out there to rid the state of guns," said St. Petery, who also owns a gun at home and raised three children. "We're out to be sure if parents have guns that they are aware," of how to safely store it, he said. More than one-third of American homes have at least one gun at home, but a 2007 study found 70 percent of guns are not stored safely.

If you want the issue of idiotic parents addressed and you don't want the government involved, what sense does it make to pass legislation preventing a pediatrician from discussing gun safety with a parent (completely free of any government intervention whatsoever)?

And AGAIN...*DUMBFUCK*...what BUSINESS is it of thiers or ANYONE ELSE?

Some of these people have no problem with forcing doctors to do certain things when it comes to a woman getting a abortion. And then ironically have a problem with doctors doing their job when it comes to the safety of the child.

Actually most of us have a desire to restrain the actions available to doctors in both cases. No abortions and no asking questions which have no relevance to the immediate physical health of the child.

Oh, and these doctors don't have any care about the "safety of the child". What they have is a political agenda to push. It's about BANNING GUNS and GUN OWNERSHIP; not about protecting children.

In that case, you must have no problem with women getting an abortion. Right? After all, it's none of your business.

I can't speak for T, but there's a major difference between abortions and gun ownership.... one is a Right, guaranteed by the US Constitution; the other is Murder.

What BUSINESS is it of the government to restrict a private conversation?

Are you advocating using the power of the state to forbid them from asking a question to which no one is claiming they are entitled an answer?

FIRST WHY are they ASKING the question?

AGAIN? None of their fucking business...Are you always this dense?

Actually most of us have a desire to restrain the actions available to doctors in both cases. No abortions and no asking questions which have no relevance to the immediate physical health of the child.

Oh, and these doctors don't have any care about the "safety of the child". What they have is a political agenda to push. It's about BANNING GUNS and GUN OWNERSHIP; not about protecting children.

I can't speak for T, but there's a major difference between abortions and gun ownership.... one is a Right, guaranteed by the US Constitution; the other is Murder.

You seem to have missed my point. The T and yourself are angry that doctors ask a certain question. So instead of following the "free market" and simply going to a different doctor, you're going to use the government to force doctors to not be able to ask certain things. However, not only are you affecting your own relationship with your doctor but everybody else's at the same time.

So my question is why do you hate the free market and why are you trying to interfere with the visits between my doctor and I?

Furthermore, Abortion being murder is your opinion. Let's put aside personal opinions for a moment and consider the argument that Abortion is not murder. In this case, you are also for the government not minding it's own business and forcing doctors to do certain things.

Neither of these things are small-government conservatism anyway.

Are you advocating using the power of the state to forbid them from asking a question to which no one is claiming they are entitled an answer?

Hey, aren't you libs the same people who are all for Cops not being allowed to ask criminals questions without a Lawyer present? If so, why the hell should we be allowing a Doctor to ask children (who do not have the ability to understand whether the question is appropriate or not) questions like this without a parent in attendance? YES, I'm equating what these doctors are doing to the police improperly questioning a suspect.

Hey, aren't you libs the same people who are all for Cops not being allowed to ask criminals questions without a Lawyer present? If so, why the hell should we be allowing a Doctor to ask children (who do not have the ability to understand whether the question is appropriate or not) questions like this without a parent in attendance? YES, I'm equating what these doctors are doing to the police improperly questioning a suspect.
Ut-Oh...MIRANDA?:eusa_shhh:

I'm just surprised (well, I suppose I'm really not) at how quickly you've morphed into what you generally call a "Statist," contorting to find a justification for state intervention in the content of a conversation.

You seem to have missed my point. The T and yourself are angry that doctors ask a certain question. So instead of following the "free market" and simply going to a different doctor, you're going to use the government to force doctors to not be able to ask certain things. However, not only are you affecting your own relationship with your doctor but everybody else's at the same time.

You know, if this was actually about children's safety I might have a different opinion on the matter Modbert, but this has been an ongoing attempt by the American Medical Association to push their Anti-Gun agenda for the better part of a decade now. It's about POLITICS, and that's something CHILDREN should not be forced into the middle of.

So my question is why do you hate the free market and why are you trying to interfere with the visits between my doctor and I?

You can feel free to tell your doctor whatever you damn well please. These doctors are not asking adults. They're asking CHILDREN, who most often are not going to know that they have the Right to refuse to answer the question and in fact should do exactly that. Then again so far as I'm concerned any parent who leaves their kid alone with a doctor is a moron to begin with.

Furthermore, Abortion being murder is your opinion. The ongoing debate of when life begins is still going on. Let's put aside personal opinions for a moment and consider the argument that Abortion is not murder. In this case, you are also for the government not minding it's own business and forcing doctors to do certain things.

Very true. I am DEFINITELY for the government enforcing a standard of Morals, Values and Ethics on the American people since the vast super-majority of the population is unable to do it for themselves.

Neither of these things are small-government conservatism anyway.

I'm an Authoritarian. That's not necessarily a "small government" type of Conservatism.

I'm just surprised (well, I suppose I'm really not) at how quickly you've morphed into what you generally call a "Statist," contorting to find a justification for state intervention in the content of a conversation.

First One would have to assume they KNOIW the defininition of 'STATIST'...

Quite apparently? YOU FAIL.

Ut-Oh...MIRANDA?:eusa_shhh:

Exactly. The police are required to inform a suspect of their RIGHTS prior to any questioning. If the suspect requests a lawyer the questioning must stop immediately.

Somehow I doubt that one of these politically-active medical professionals is going to be as polite to tell the child they have the right not to answer the question, or to assent to having the parent there during the questioning. In fact, if I understand it correctly this is done during the part of an exam where the parents are asked to leave the room.

Can you work in the Geneva Conventions somehow, too?

Nah, but how about my Ignore List, of which you're the newest member.

Nah, but how about my Ignore List, of which you're the newest member.

Aw, shucks. And I was so hoping to hear more from someone who thinks primary care physicians should Mirandize their patients. We didn't even get into the really meaty stuff, like can PCPs waterboard their patients? :lol:

Why do the so called Small Government Conservatives need to make a law about this? Doesn't sound very "free market" to me. After all, the "free market" solution in this case is if someone doesn't like their doctor asking them about guns, then don't go to that doctor.
Why did you ever think that Republicans were small government?

Forum List

Back