Florida Leads The Way...

I think that Union dues should be voluntary, donations. I think all Government Employee's should pay a special Government Employee Tax, too. ;)

if you were a member of their union, then you could rally the members to vote on such.

otherwise, we should not have a say in what they decide to do for themselves imo.

the gvt already offers to electronically transfer their paychecks to their Checking accounts and they also offer to split off part of their checks and transfer it to their savings account....and they probably offer to split off some of their money to go in to a Christmas savings account, and they also offer to deposit their money in to a 401k account....is it only the bankers that our gvt is willing to do such for? If so, then why?

The Florida Government is taking that BURDEN *OFF* the Shoulders of government workers and making *MEMBERS* write the checks themselves monthly/Bi-weekly...so they can see how MUCH they are being ROBBED...

*AND* as an added *BONUS*...giving them the RIGHT to DENY FUNDS to candidates they don't LIKE...

SAPS the Power right OUT of UNION Hands...doesn't it?

So you agree with this, right?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...orporations-without-shareholder-approval.html

I think that Union dues should be voluntary, donations. I think all Government Employee's should pay a special Government Employee Tax, too. ;)

Hell Why Not? Statists would be willing to TAX a worker for belonging...NO?

They Tax me for being Self Employed. ;) I'm for the Government Employee's Tax, if only to wean them from living off of our Life Blood.

if you were a member of their union, then you could rally the members to vote on such.

otherwise, we should not have a say in what they decide to do for themselves imo.

the gvt already offers to electronically transfer their paychecks to their Checking accounts and they also offer to split off part of their checks and transfer it to their savings account....and they probably offer to split off some of their money to go in to a Christmas savings account, and they also offer to deposit their money in to a 401k account....is it only the bankers that our gvt is willing to do such for? If so, then why?

The Florida Government is taking that BURDEN *OFF* the Shoulders of government workers and making *MEMBERS* write the checks themselves monthly/Bi-weekly...so they can see how MUCH they are being ROBBED...

*AND* as an added *BONUS*...giving them the RIGHT to DENY FUNDS to candidates they don't LIKE...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...orporations-without-shareholder-approval.html

Shareholders to WHAT *exactly*?

The article states that union dues are NOT USED to fund politicians but separate donations to PACS are.....I have no problem with the gvt not collecting these special funds that go to politicians.

Local union leaders say their members’ dues aren’t used for political activity. Instead, their members have the option of contributing to separate political action committees.

Hell Why Not? Statists would be willing to TAX a worker for belonging...NO?

They Tax me for being Self Employed. ;) I'm for the Government Employee's Tax, if only to wean them from living off of our Life Blood.

*KEY* And it SAPS the power back to the PEOPLE that are spending sweat equity...

Shareholders of corporations. If union members should be able to withhold monies used by union leaders, why shouldn't shareholders also be able to withhold monies used by corporate leaders?

shareholders, who own the corporation.

Shareholders of corporations. If union members should be able to withhold monies used by union leaders, why shouldn't shareholders also be able to withhold monies used by corporate leaders?

They should...and depends upon the Individual COMPANY Policy...and by their reckoning...NOT at the proddin or BEHEST of Big Gubmint.

They should...and depends upon the Individual COMPANY Policy...and by their reckoning...NOT at the proddin or BEHEST of Big Gubmint.

As long as you're consistent.

It shouldn't be based on company policy. It should be the law, like the laws being passed here in Florida for unions.

Every company that wants to donate to political causes should formally ask their shareholders how much they want to contribute. If a 1% shareholder elects to donate $100 of the company's money to a political cause, then the company has the right to use $1 of that shareholder's funds for politics. Add up all the weighted shareholders' responses and that's how much the company can donate. That's fair, right?

The problem is that managements use shareholder money to lobby Congress to avoid passing laws like this. Shouldn't managements be banned from acting in a manner which contradicts the shareholder's will?

and these measures for the WORKER'S union should be made by big gvt, instead of the union members themselves?

please explain WHY you think government should make the rules for them, and their group?

Really, Care to name one Union that has EVER giving it's members a choice about Auto Paid Dues, or asked them what they think of the Candidate their Union Backs?

I can't wait for you to show me the Union that gives it's members a choice.

Ill hold my breath, Hurry back.

There you go again exposing your ignorance. Like I asked in my last post. Care to show us one union anywhere in the US who has ever let it's members vote on how much dues they pay, or whether or not they are auto Deducted?

Hmmmmm?

It shouldn't be based on company policy. It should be the law, like the laws being passed here in Florida for unions.

Every company that wants to donate to political causes should formally ask their shareholders how much they want to contribute. If a 1% shareholder elects to donate $100 of the company's money to a political cause, then the company has the right to use $1 of that shareholder's funds for politics. Add up all the weighted shareholders' responses and that's how much the company can donate. That's fair, right?

The problem is that managements use shareholder money to lobby Congress to avoid passing laws like this. Shouldn't managements be banned from acting in a manner which contradicts the shareholder's will?

*IT's NONE OF THE STATE'S BUSINESS*...However>? It IS the State's Business when their workers have to Take time to make notations in a State worker's Payroll statement in accounting for Deduction of UNION WAGES.

It isn't and NEVER WAS their responsibility.

Guess what/ TIMES are CHANGING. Get used to it. And it's NONE of Government's business any longer...at LEAST here in FLORIDA...

1. Isn't Florida a right to work state? See Florida Constitution, Article 1, § 6. That means that union members are part of the union voluntarily. As such I don't think that would count as robbery.

2. Under federal law it is illegal for unions to contribute to candidates. They have to setup separate PAC's for that. Those contributions would also be voluntary. If a Florida resident doesn't like where the PAC contributes, don't send money to the PAC or even quite the union.

3. Are you concerned about the BURDEN on government workers in Florida for personal insurance, charities, or Florida State University football tickets - non of which is a function of the government.

>>>>

Last edited:
The article states that union dues are NOT USED to fund politicians but separate donations to PACS are.....I have no problem with the gvt not collecting these special funds that go to politicians.

Local union leaders say their members’ dues aren’t used for political activity. Instead, their members have the option of contributing to separate political action committees.

Yep. Our Prisons also seem filled with innocent people too, according to the Inmates. ;)

1. Isn't Florida a right to work state? See Florida Constitution, Article 1, § 6. That means that union members are part of the union voluntarily. As such I don't think that would count as robbery.
Then tell the Democrats to knock off their crap...
2. Under federal law it is illegal for unions to contribute to candidates. They have to setup separate PAC's for that. Those contributions would also be voluntary. If a Florida resident doesn't like where the PAC contributes, don't send money to the PAC or even quite the union.
Then even OBAMA is Illegitimate by your reckoning...But the Unions Do it unchallanged...UNTIL NOW...
3. Are you concerned about the BURDEN on government workers in Florida for personal insurance, charities, or Florida State University football tickets - non of which is a function of the government.

I don't give a TINKER'S DAMN about what you cite...so *NO*

Yep. Our Prisons also seem filled with innocent people too, according to the Inmates. ;)

Ok break up how the unions get money to people. They can ( as corporations have done) just go around said law and do smaller individual donations from people who "work" for them...

But then that would be admitting to everyone that this was going after unions and nothing to do with budgets.

One place and sure isolated Innocent. Two, three, four places and you have a concentrated effort.

*I Notice how Statists Liberals now admit that UNIONS are Corporations*...

Forum List

Back