Florida battles Zika while the GOP Congress lets the CDC run out of money

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-almost-out-zika-money-director-says-n640361

And the CDC, which has been helping Florida track cases and fight mosquitoes, is almost broke.

"Basically, we are out of money and we need Congress to act," Frieden told reporters.

"The cupboard is bare."

Last February, President Barack Obama asked Congress for $1.9 billion in emergency funds to fight Zika. Congress has resisted, with controlling Republicans saying they want more accountability for the money and saying health agencies like the CDC and National Institutes of Health need to find money left over from fighting Ebola and other projects.

If I lived in Florida, I would be very angry at the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress. So, Trump loses Florida in November, largely due to the lack of empathy of the GOP House.

Does anybody know what the money was spent for? I mean, billions were spent on bug spray and billions were spent on finding a vaccine or something?

Does anybody know what the money was spent for? I mean, billions were spent on bug spray and billions were spent on finding a vaccine or something?

I trust the CDC to put the money where it is most needed. Maybe when Red State cities like Houston and New Orleans fall prey to Zika, the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress will wake up.

I trust the CDC to put the money where it is most needed. Maybe when Red State cities like Houston and New Orleans fall prey to Zika, the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress will wake up.
That's not really an answer Jim. Where did the money go? Are there any reports you base your assumption on?

That's not really an answer Jim. Where did the money go? Are there any reports you base your assumption on?

Do your own research. Write the CDC. They will let you know.

Typical "Conservative" attitude. Willing to buy endless bombs and bullets, won't spend a dime to prevent and cure a dangerous disease.

What happened to "Compassionate Conservatives?" Oh yeah.....that was replaced with "Let them die!"

The money was spent on abortions for planned parenthood. Take out the language giving them more money and the bill will pass.

It is Democrats that are blocking the vote for the Zika money. Are you really that stupid?

Ha Ha Ha! So, if the Dems agree to cutting funds to PP and the ACA, then the house GOP will succumb? Right....the nutty right is again about to allow a Zika epidemic in the southern states, and everyone knows who went off on recess without additional funds to fight the outbreak. The GOP rules the house and funding and they blew it.

Florida is gone for Comrade Trump and his path to the WH is getting narrower and narrower.

Ha Ha Ha! So, if the Dems agree to cutting funds to PP and the ACA, then the house GOP will succumb? Right....the nutty right is again about to allow a Zika epidemic in the southern states, and everyone knows who went off on recess without additional funds to fight the outbreak. The GOP rules the house and funding and they blew it.

Florida is gone for Comrade Trump and his path to the WH is getting narrower and narrower.

The Democrats are blocking the bill

Floridians are a lot smarter than a dumbass that can't read.

"House Republicans on Thursday approved a spending bill that includes a controversial $1.1 billion plan to fight the Zika virus in a late-night vote over Democrat protests.

The 239-171 vote occurred in the 15th hour of a dramatic sit-in protest by dozens of Democrats demanding votes on gun control bills."

House GOP pushes $1.1 billion Zika bill through Dem sit-in

"WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats on Tuesday blocked a federal spending bill that would have provided $1.1 billion to fight the mosquito-borne Zika virus, saying Republicans had sabotaged the legislation with politically charged provisions. The move raised the possibility that no new money would be available soon to fight the disease as Southern states brace for a summer outbreak."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/us/politics/congress-zika-funding.html?_r=0

You're a fucking idiot lol. Why would anybody TRUST any government funded.agency to do the right thing?

That post proves you are not very smart. To trust government, makes one an idiot....

....but then I knew that about you long ago.

"House Republicans on Thursday approved a spending bill that includes a controversial $1.1 billion plan to fight the Zika virus in a late-night vote over Democrat protests.

The 239-171 vote occurred in the 15th hour of a dramatic sit-in protest by dozens of Democrats demanding votes on gun control bills."

"WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats on Tuesday blocked a federal spending bill that would have provided $1.1 billion to fight the mosquito-borne Zika virus, saying Republicans had sabotaged the legislation with politically charged provisions. The move raised the possibility that no new money would be available soon to fight the disease as Southern states brace for a summer outbreak."

Typical.

You're a fucking idiot lol. Why would anybody TRUST any government funded.agency to do the right thing?

Jimbo is easily duped. That is why he is a Hillary supporter.

Please say Madame President when speaking of Hillary. Comrade Trump when speaking on Donnie Boy, the future president of Trump TV, which will summarily go bankrupt in six months.

Please say Madame President when speaking of Hillary. Comrade Trump when speaking on Donnie Boy, the future president of Trump TV, which will summarily go bankrupt in six months.
Damn Jimbo...you just doubled down on DUMB.

Anyone happy about a Cankle's presidency, has to be really DUMB.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back