FLDS - Abortion Hypocrites

Oh, I thought you were going to equal out the pregnancy phase. So how were you going to do that again?

Oh, you mean a pregnancy phase that no one even has to endure given better MUTUAL choices made at the zipper? That one?

Indeed, sounds pretty equal to me.

Umm, really? I wouldn't think that anyone would argue with the clear and obvious difference between something that physically alters your body and money.

good for you and what you wouldn't think. I guess now you know better and won't make the same mistake again.

Getting an abortion isn't "running out". Its going through an invasive medical procedure to abort the fetus. Thats just a wee bit worse than walking out the door.

HA! yea.. getting an ABORTION sure isn't "running out". ok. Again, thanks for your input. I really care what you think qualifies as running out. Clearly, you represent men as an entire population.

Invasive or not, it shirks the responsibility that YOU would have no problem grinding a man through over a zipper decision. It ELIMINATES the very pregnancy that you insist that a man cannot eliminate. Too fucking bad? Is that what you'd say to a man? Well, guess what. Turnabout is fair play. Make a better zipper decision.

Of course she would if the roles were reversed. Does he want to live with the kid and take care of it? Generally the anwser to that is no. Why do you think there are so many single mothers and so few single dads?

Generally? Can you prove that? Should that, were it the case, invalidate those who WOULD? Can you predict the social reaction to equating the value of paternity with maternity? Or, as I suspect, are you assuming that men are just whores like that? I mean, sexism is ok if it's testicles in the scope, right? If I were to suggest that single women are simply whores I'm a sexist bastard, right?

:eusa_whistle:

Equality?

So, what exactly is equal about one individual getting to decide for another whether to go through a 9 month long pregnancy of face an invasive medical procedure again?

A man never makes that decision in a culture where a woman isn't forced to have sex. An equal personal decision at the zipper, dude. It's really not that difficult.

Its inherently unequal.
Women get pregnant, men don't. Treating them exactly the same is incredibly stupid given the fact that its already unequal. If you want to make it actually equal (or as close as possible), you have to give the woman increased rights. Why? Because she has massively increases responsibility.

yeaaaaa. we don't settle for such bullshit assumptions otherwise so Im afraid you are gonna have to sit there and hiss at your screen, again like a vampire bitchslapped by a clove of garlic, and factor in something outside of your personal opinion.

Oh yes. Im sure that line gets you laid at the lilith fair but it's really not that impressive out here where getting laid isn't dependent upon how much ass one can kiss.

Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could it be because the woman is living with the child and the man ran off? In your screwy world you'd probably have the woman live with the child and pay the single man child support. :clap2:

hehehehe... It's big bad epiphanies like that which polishes your reputation around here!

:rofl:

Im willing to bet jacks, joes and dominoes that you haven't even dug up the original thread and taken a look at the Great Abortion Compramize. Then again, I should probably be quaking at the knees to be confronted by such an omniscient master of logic and reason like you.

:rofl: :rofl:

Half the genetic material came from the father. Past tense in the key. It's no longer part of the father's body once it leaves his body and becomes attached to part of a woman's body. When men figure out how to get pregnant, they can make their own decisions for themselves.
Some men may cry unfair, but then life isn't always fair. Nature made them men not women and that's that.

Well then by your reckoning a man should never even have to pay child support because it isnt really his child. It is ONLY the womans. If it is her body and her choice then she can raise it and pay for it on her own.

I'm not generalizing in this case. All 4 of you made the same false assumption about me.
Your individuality has not gone unnoticed by me. A guy who wants to annihilate bartenders with cigarette fumes but is nice to squirrels is obviously no prepackaged product.

Thanks, I had a great Saturday evening. I hope you enjoy what's left of yours.

HA!

she said ANNIHILATE BARTENDERS!

:rofl:

this board cracks me up.

Because, of course, people choose to terminate a pregnancy because it "feels good". Right? That's silly. Being pro choice doesn't mean "pro abortion". I've alwaysthought it should be legal, readily available, and rarely used. But being pro choice means we don't impose our religious judgments (since that's what it is) on others.

And the reason the anti-choice crowd has little credibility with me is because I've never gotten a decent answer to this hypothetical:

person A and her husband go for in vitro fertilization because they've been unable to conceive. 3 of the embryos end up implanting. Person A's doctor tells her she cannot carry 3 embryos to term because either she or the babies will die. Person A is given the option of selectively terminating part of the pregnancy so she can bring one healthy baby into the world and live to see it.

The anti choice crew would have person A and/or her babies die. I've never gotten a different answer from the anti-choicers.... not ever.

All the people that go to an abortion clinic are there because the baby is an inconvienence.

Ever had an abortion yourself?

Did think so........

Oh, you mean a pregnancy phase that no one even has to endure given better MUTUAL choices made at the zipper? That one?

Indeed, sounds pretty equal to me.

Non-sequiter. We've already assumed that they had sex and the woman is pregnant. We are talking about equality in THAT situation.

HA! yea.. getting an ABORTION sure isn't "running out". ok. Again, thanks for your input. I really care what you think qualifies as running out. Clearly, you represent men as an entire population.

Open a door and walk out.
Now go to a medical center and have an invasive procedure done.

Notice the difference?

Invasive or not, it shirks the responsibility that YOU would have no problem grinding a man through over a zipper decision.

The responsibility of 9 months of pregnancy? How exactly would I "grind" a man through that?

It ELIMINATES the very pregnancy that you insist that a man cannot eliminate. Too fucking bad? Is that what you'd say to a man? Well, guess what. Turnabout is fair play. Make a better zipper decision.

Yes, that is what I would say to a guy. And no, its not turnabout actually, its quite different.

Generally? Can you prove that?

You want me to prove that the sun rises every day as well?

For the retarded:

The overwhelming majority of single-parent families are headed by mothers (84% of all single-parent families in 1998), rather than fathers (16%).

http://social.jrank.org/pages/581/Single-Parent-Families-Single-Fathers-Compared-Single-Mothers.html

Should that, were it the case, invalidate those who WOULD?

Obviously not.

Can you predict the social reaction to equating the value of paternity with maternity?

I wasn't aware there were different "values".

Or, as I suspect, are you assuming that men are just whores like that?

Wtf? Umm, no.

I mean, sexism is ok if it's testicles in the scope, right? If I were to suggest that single women are simply whores I'm a sexist bastard, right?
:eusa_whistle:

Nobody suggested or implied that single men are whores. What the fuck are you talking about? When a man and a woman have a kid and they break up/one takes off/whatever, 9 times out of 10 its the woman who gets stuck taking care of the kid. How you interpreted that to be saying that men are whores...

A man never makes that decision in a culture where a woman isn't forced to have sex.

Yeah, actually he does. Whether the woman had sex consensually or not is iirrelevant. Shes pregnant now. Consensual actions in the past doesn't change her rights over her own body now. It doesn't make it any less forced.

An equal personal decision at the zipper, dude. It's really not that difficult.

Then its equal. Once one of them has ALL the responsibility and one has next to none, it changes.

yeaaaaa. we don't settle for such bullshit assumptions otherwise so Im afraid you are gonna have to sit there and hiss at your screen, again like a vampire bitchslapped by a clove of garlic, and factor in something outside of your personal opinion.

Nice rebuttal :rolleyes:

Oh yes. Im sure that line gets you laid at the lilith fair but it's really not that impressive out here where getting laid isn't dependent upon how much ass one can kiss.

Your right...I'm only saying that so you'll have sex with me Shogun. :cuckoo:

That has got to be the stupidest assumption about motive on the internet ever.

You and Gumbo need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Both of you have made bone headed and false assumptions and are now accusing me of having a point of view I clearly demonstrated I do not have.

I think that like RetiredGySgt and Shat, you just hear one liberal sounding comment from a poster and that sends up a flag for you to stop listening, assign to the poster all your cookiecutter notions of what you think each and every liberals believes in and then go on your merry way, blathering nonsense and making asses of yourselves because you clearly haven't been following what has been said.

Mattskramer is the only one to have had the presence of mind to consider what I said. My opinions are much more complex than you realize.

You're an even bigger idiot than I initially gave you credit for.. You'll never see me throwing around the term "libs", or "cons" or lumping people together.. People stand on their own merit with me, regardless of what political tree they fell from.

The only thing "complex" about you is trying to figure out what the hell you're doing here, and why you keep talking, because you sure as hell haven't said anything noteworthy.

You sure do squeal a lot, tho.

I've been quite clear that you've been using lines to make Eve Ensler's fans leave slugtrails.

Also, I've already told you, I don't care what you think. I already know your reaction. It's predictable. Trite, actually.

I've been quite clear that you've been using lines to make Eve Ensler's fans leave slugtrails.

Congratulations. You making shit up clearly is still just you making shit up.

Also, I've already told you, I don't care what you think. I already know your reaction. It's predictable. Trite, actually.

Of course you do. :rolleyes:

If you don't have the common sense to know that there are significantly more single moms than single dads, I doubt you know much of anything.

these things do not occur in a vacuum. In fact, historically, paternity and heredity have been worth quite a bit to men. But, again, think what you need to.

:)

Which is ironic considering the only reliable way to trace ancestry is through mitochondrial dna, something provided solely by the mother.

And yes, Shog, children leave some of their cells behind in the mother's body. Hopefully that clear up your confusion displayed by your statement so, how does a MAN'S genetic material from a SHARED zygote BECOME part of your body again?

But I digress. It becomes increasing clear that your interest in this subject is purely getting out of being responsible for a living human. Once a child is born, both parents are equally responsible for it. The mother is no more free to abandon it than the father is...but I have no problem making an exception and letting someone as shallow and selfish as you off the hook.

Women have the ultimate decision on whether or not to give birth to a child. She is free at any point to commit suicide. Extreme? Certainly, but fact is fact.

Which is ironic considering the only reliable way to trace ancestry is through mitochondrial dna, something provided solely by the mother.

And yes, Shog, children leave some of their cells behind in the mother's body. Hopefully that clear up your confusion displayed by your statement so, how does a MAN'S genetic material from a SHARED zygote BECOME part of your body again?

But I digress. It becomes increasing clear that your interest in this subject is purely getting out of being responsible for a living human. Once a child is born, both parents are equally responsible for it. The mother is no more free to abandon it than the father is...but I have no problem making an exception and letting someone as shallow and selfish as you off the hook.

Women have the ultimate decision on whether or not to give birth to a child. She is free at any point to commit suicide. Extreme? Certainly, but fact is fact.

When Society always abortion on demand and for no other reason then the whim of the mother then the man should also have the option to opt out of being a parent. Simple as that. Oh and if I wasn't clear enough for you, since the mother can simple terminate because her toenail got stubbed with no input from the father. The Father should also be able to terminate because he is a selfish little bastard that does not want to pay for a kid he does not want.

When Society always abortion on demand and for no other reason then the whim of the mother then the man should also have the option to opt out of being a parent. Simple as that. Oh and if I wasn't clear enough for you, since the mother can simple terminate because her toenail got stubbed with no input from the father. The Father should also be able to terminate because he is a selfish little bastard that does not want to pay for a kid he does not want.

And next time you need an operation, some random can decide whether you get it or not. Or even if you don't want the operation they can force you to have it.

So much for individual rights :rolleyes:

I'm okay with that.

I'm okay with that.

Right...like most guys who got their girlfriend pregnant wouldn't be saying "oh gee.. .I don't want the baby", just so they could get out of support.

That ought to be real good for the numbers of single moms forced to raise children without help.... who are the majority of people on welfare. Very good for society. :eusa_wall:

Right...like most guys who got their girlfriend pregnant wouldn't be saying "oh gee.. .I don't want the baby", just so they could get out of support.

That ought to be real good for the numbers of single moms forced to raise children without help.... who are the majority of people on welfare. Very good for society. :eusa_wall:

Did you ever notice that those poor single moms "forced" to raise children wiithout help, and are the majority of people on welfare are the same poor single moms that KEEP GETTING PREGNANT, and in a lot of cases, by multiple different fathers?

Optimally, you'd get a signed contract before having sex.

Hey, if men want to marginalize themselves who am I to object?

Did you ever notice that those poor single moms "forced" to raise children wiithout help, and are the majority of people on welfare are the same poor single moms that KEEP GETTING PREGNANT, and in a lot of cases, by multiple different fathers?

Well then we should obviously execute them. :rolleyes:

So besides condemning them and shaking your finger at them, have an actual solution?

(interesting also that you condemn the single moms, but not the guys who go around impregnating multiple women.)

Forum List

Back