Flat Earth?

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I didn't realize this was as big as it apparently is.

What's causing it in this day and age? The answers of some will be so predictable, but ill wait.

In five dimensional spacetime, the earth is flat.
If gravity wasn't real the earth could be a spiral-shaped space slinky and nobody could tell the difference except for certain varieties of ferns that have brains.
85969381a47f669365c289d98b2ffdb7--fractals-in-nature-spirals-in-nature.jpg

Actually we would be drifting frozen in the dark with no sun.
30.jpg

What's causing it in this day and age? The answers of some will be so predictable, but ill wait.

Wrong video, Dodo.

yep. Should have checked back sooner.

"I think it was in Denver, maybe Philadelphia". Yeah they look so much alike don't they....

Then it gets better.

"If I'd known then what I know now I would have quit [school] in the sixth grade".

This is fricken hilarious.

Last edited:

62 million people voted for Donald Trump, so I'm not surprised there is a surge of flat earth tards out there.

It really does feel like the world is getting dumber as I get older.

62 million people voted for Donald Trump, so I'm not surprised there is a surge of flat earth tards out there.

Neil deGrasse Tyson in the video the thread was supposed to post (11) notes the emerging anti-intellectual movement ("movement" in the fecal sense). Many others have noted it already in the past. It's the stuff of pure escapist self-delusionism.

We can disagree on politics, sports, food, which way the toilet paper comes off, any number of things but we must all agree on what reality is. Once we start entertaining "alternate facts", once we just decide "X is true just because I'd like it to be true", we are in deep deep doodoo, for we have nowhere from which to stand. Then it's an easy leap from "the earth is flat" to "Umma vote for this con man who's never had a job and paints his own face orange".

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." --- Isaac Asimov, 1980

Millions of those people would never have voted for him if it was literally anyone other than Hillary Clinton running against him, so that kind of says more about Hillary than anything else

Forum List

Back