if bush had set something like this up for his SS "reform", would you have been so sanguine?

encouraging citizens to report each other over political issues isn't an america i either recognize or want. doesn't matter who does it, it's wrong.

I think back then most people would have understood what a similar site's intention was, unlike today when goofydom has ursurped common sense.

you really are about the most pathetic hack on here, left or right, and that's saying something.
thanks for "keeping it honest". :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think so? Honestly, I think Maggie is one of the more reasonable lefties on the site.

Immie

Following a furor over how the data would be used, the White House has shut down an electronic tip box — [email protected] — that was set up to receive information on “fishy” claims about President Barack Obama’s health plan.

White House disables e-tip box - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

:thup:

No surprises there. I wonder when Obama is going to get a clue that his opponents (enemies, really) will find fault and spread rumors as soon as his feet hit the ground in the morning. OH LOOK!!! BROWN SHOES!! WHERE IS HE HIDING HIS BROWN SHIRT?!

Don't panic, people. You can still air your gripes at the Whitehouse.gov page, specifically here. Knock yourselves out.

We want to hear from you | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check

But ooohhh, be very very careful how you sign in or you'll wind up on Obama's Enemies List. :lol:

if bush had set something like this up for his SS "reform", would you have been so sanguine?

encouraging citizens to report each other over political issues isn't an america i either recognize or want. doesn't matter who does it, it's wrong.

Exactly.

Heck, they probably have enough names for IRS audits to last them throughout both of Obama's terms. I'm sure they feel this was a huge success. In fact, the fines they intend to levy on those who spoke out will probably pay for the implementation of HR 3200 when they finally get it passed. :D And just think the funding will all come from opponents of the bill. Now that is a Gotcha!!!

Immie

Oh please, Immie... just look at the site!! You can invent some name and address. You don't have to use your own or insert your social. You're ordinariily a sensible guy, until the goofballs arrive, and then you jump over to their "side."

We are talking about people turning in others on the net for spreading so-called "Misinformation" about the health reform bill. Why would I turn myself in? As it stands today, the last person who's list I care to be on is Barack Obama.

Immie

That old website never said anything about "TURNING PEOPLE IN" nor even implied such a thing. See how people distort everything? I'm sick to death of it. It asked for the same input that the new version does, and gives the WH a chance to correct misconceptions which you should know continue to be rampant. I simply fail to see why that was a "bad" thing--the equivalent of Hitlerism. PULEEEZE!!!!!!

I think back then most people would have understood what a similar site's intention was, unlike today when goofydom has ursurped common sense.

you really are about the most pathetic hack on here, left or right, and that's saying something.

You think so? Honestly, I think Maggie is one of the more reasonable lefties on the site.

Immie

anything that obama does seems to be just fine by her, even if it's something that was widely (and justifiably, IMO) decried when done by bush, e.g. signing statements. she's not unintelligent certainly, but reasonable is a stretch.

Heck, they probably have enough names for IRS audits to last them throughout both of Obama's terms. I'm sure they feel this was a huge success. In fact, the fines they intend to levy on those who spoke out will probably pay for the implementation of HR 3200 when they finally get it passed. :D And just think the funding will all come from opponents of the bill. Now that is a Gotcha!!!

Immie

Oh please, Immie... just look at the site!! You can invent some name and address. You don't have to use your own or insert your social. You're ordinariily a sensible guy, until the goofballs arrive, and then you jump over to their "side."

We are talking about people turning in others on the net for spreading so-called "Misinformation" about the health reform bill. Why would I turn myself in? As it stands today, the last person who's list I care to be on is Barack Obama.

Immie

You mean if your e-mail address got auto-generated, you wouldn't know how to disengage yourself? And as I've said before, if you think, you would realize that the WH couldn't give a sweet shit about pissed off individuals. They're quite aware of the pure, unadulterated hatred out there. I'm just sorry to see you've stooped to that level. I look at it this way: The White House opened up a complaint department, and you STILL get all riled. Damned if they do; damned if they don't. Would you prefer another secret executive office with brick walls all around it or have an avenue to voice your valid complaints?

Newsflash, Del -- Your opinion of me means about as much as that gnat's I just swatted away from my face. :talktothehand:

Immie

anything that obama does seems to be just fine by her, even if it's something that was widely (and justifiably, IMO) decried when done by bush, e.g. signing statements. she's not unintelligent certainly, but reasonable is a stretch.

How many signing statements has Obama used? As for agreeing with everything, it's simply not true, but apparently you're not around (or choose to ignore) any criticisms I've made, one of which was strongly disagreeing with his decision to allow Nancy Pelosi to write the Stimulus Bill. That said, I continue to try to give the man more than six fucking months on the job. If you can't accept that, then it's YOU who has a problem, not me. I'm not the type of person who throws out all common sense and dismisses EVERYTHING just to become a member of the right wing club who post here. Wouldn't I then be labeled one of those awful flip-floppers we had so much fun with a few years ago? Apparently, you haven't seen posts where I've mentioned that I stuck with Richard Nixon up until the time he confessed and resigned on national television. I had supported Nixon through all his trials and tribulations because I thought he made some landmark choices for the good of the country during his time in office. So there. :tongue:

Newsflash, Del -- Your opinion of me means about as much as that gnat's I just swatted away from my face. :talktothehand:

well i gotta tell you, maggie, i'm crushed.

:eusa_whistle:

Immie

That old website never said anything about "TURNING PEOPLE IN" nor even implied such a thing. See how people distort everything? I'm sick to death of it. It asked for the same input that the new version does, and gives the WH a chance to correct misconceptions which you should know continue to be rampant. I simply fail to see why that was a "bad" thing--the equivalent of Hitlerism. PULEEEZE!!!!!!

Puleeeze!!!!

It asked for people to forward emails to them that were spreading "disinformation" about the plan. Do you realize that when a person forwards an email it includes the email address of the original sender?

Puleeeze!!! They got more than enough names of those awful people who did not capitulate to President Obama's attempt for force the first step to socialized medicine down our throats.

Immie

Immie

Is that any different than how many righties behaved for President Bush?

Immie

You mean if your e-mail address got auto-generated, you wouldn't know how to disengage yourself? And as I've said before, if you think, you would realize that the WH couldn't give a sweet shit about pissed off individuals. They're quite aware of the pure, unadulterated hatred out there. I'm just sorry to see you've stooped to that level. I look at it this way: The White House opened up a complaint department, and you STILL get all riled. Damned if they do; damned if they don't. Would you prefer another secret executive office with brick walls all around it or have an avenue to voice your valid complaints?

You remind me very much of a "friend" of mine from other sites who has disappeared although you are a little more tame than she is/was. Perhaps you know of her? Saoirse was her handle.

Anyway, I can just imagine the shit fit you and she would have had should President Bush had requested the same information regarding the War on Iraq or Social Security Reform.

Actually, I was pissed at Bush for the way the war was handled, for the Patriot Act and for the wiretapping. I have always spoken out against the Patriot Act and wiretapping. I would have been pissed as well if he had tried a stunt like this. The request was extremely inappropriate when you look at how big Big Brother has become.

Immie

Immie

Immie

not as far as i can tell, which would be my point, more or less.

Immie

But from your tone, it seemed to me as if you were excusing the actions of the right yet ridiculing her.

Immie

Immie

But from your tone, it seemed to me as if you were excusing the actions of the right yet ridiculing her.

Immie

then i need to get my tone adjusted because that's certainly not the case.
i didn't support the war, signing statements, the privatization of SS or the patriot act, among other things, when the other party was in power. i certainly have never supported infringement of abortion rights or prohibiting gays from marrying, either, or the whole "social conservative/"christian" right wing's agenda.

you got the part about ridiculing her correctly, though.

No surprises there. I wonder when Obama is going to get a clue that his opponents (enemies, really) will find fault and spread rumors as soon as his feet hit the ground in the morning. OH LOOK!!! BROWN SHOES!! WHERE IS HE HIDING HIS BROWN SHIRT?!

Don't panic, people. You can still air your gripes at the Whitehouse.gov page, specifically here. Knock yourselves out.

We want to hear from you | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check

But ooohhh, be very very careful how you sign in or you'll wind up on Obama's Enemies List. :lol:

my god you are a fucking hypocrite

Immie

Immie
yes, in case you missed it, MOST on the right(conservatives anyway) were PISSED at Bush

Immie

Puleeeze!!!!

It asked for people to forward emails to them that were spreading "disinformation" about the plan. Do you realize that when a person forwards an email it includes the email address of the original sender?

Puleeeze!!! They got more than enough names of those awful people who did not capitulate to President Obama's attempt for force the first step to socialized medicine down our throats.

Immie

However sloppily it might have been set up, I think they had every right to try to find out which organization is intent on spreading rumors. And it's still going on. Here's the latest:

More ‘Senior Scare’ | FactCheck.org

Okay, so you're afraid that there's a new database being collected to squirrel away your e-mail address and put you (collectively, you) on an "enemies" list? Are you (collectively) the same people who not so long ago were screeching that bypassing FISA laws is okay because "...if you got nuthin' to hide, you got nuthin' to worry about" ????

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back