Fla. Republican: We wanted to suppress black votes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dick Tuck, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    I'd say a sworn deposition warrants an investigation and criminal prosecution if there's ample evidence.

Fla. Republican: We wanted to suppress black votes

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,140
    Of course thats the reason...limit the votes for fear of imagined voter fraud. Dont limit anything when it comes to guns tho...Votes kill people. Wait..

3. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    No surprise, but unfortunately it's just this one guy's word. Would be nice if he could produce some tapes of meetings or some other kind of evidence.

4. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Yeah, but it is a sworn deposition. How could the Justice Department not investigate. I have a hard time believing that that there aren't other Republicans who are not OK with this. Get a little corroboration, and there's a case.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. ConzHateUSA

ConzHateUSA BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    oops, you did beat me...what will be interesting is to see how the baggers defend this anti american activity that we know is going on all over the republican party, in at least 12 states for certain

I heard earlier that the racist fucks in PA may be able to prevent up to 2 million votes...

6. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Yep. Kind of sickening to see all this veiled racism, with a wink..wink..nod..nod, coming from the right. It's not like Florida didn't know this. I recall that in the Kathrine Harris voter purge, there turned out to be 20,000 found errors, and 54% of them effected blacks. Florida only has a 14% black population.

I just hope this gets a little more coverage. It should be enough to energize the black community into getting to the polls again.

7. ConzHateUSA

ConzHateUSA BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    The polls will be closed to the Black community in many states, they will be closed to students and many elderly as well.

I am predicting a civil war if that happens, Hope I am wrong...but what choice would anyone have at that point, sure as hell aint gonna tuck our tails between our legs like gore and kerry did when their elections were stolen right from under their noses

8. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Yeah, I heard the number was huge there. But I don't think their plan will pass court muster. Hell, I thought Florida who has a long sordid history of black voter suppression was under a standing court order.

Check out the OP article. There's a little more meat to this in Salon.

9. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    It's pretty much common knowledge by now that the entire voter ID BS that's been brought up the by the GOP trash is nothing more than trying to suppress the democratic vote.

10. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    DOJ is going after these voter suppression cases in ways that Bush refused to. The DNC ought to get itself lawyered up to file suits, since they clearly have standing.