Fiscal Cliff Negotiations!

I heard a friend of mine liken the concessions (cuts to middle-class entitlements) Obama offered to Boehner as kicking the middle-class in the nuts & Boehner still didn't budge. The t-party STILL have him hostage?

Obama is worthless. Clinton had to work with two republican houses and he was successful. I wish to God you guys had nominated his wife.

Clinton was impeached. That's after Republicans closed down the government, not once, but twice.

Aside from all that, we never faced this catastrophe.

I heard a friend of mine liken the concessions (cuts to middle-class entitlements) Obama offered to Boehner as kicking the middle-class in the nuts & Boehner still didn't budge. The t-party STILL have him hostage?

Obama is worthless. Clinton had to work with two republican houses and he was successful. I wish to God you guys had nominated his wife.

Clinton was impeached. That's after Republicans closed down the government, not once, but twice.
ah yes...the good ole days..

We needs us some more of that...

No President, no matter how large the margin of victory, has a mandate which overrides the checks and balances of our tripartite government.

That didn't seem to matter to Ronald Reagan.

Not one bit.

The heartbreak of historical illiteracy on parade.

I suggest you read up on the negotiations between Reagan and Tip O'Neill.

It was the good old days...

Before we elected two incompetents in a row..

Twice each.

Twice each.
More than two....But I'll concede that Clinton had the brains to know when to move toward his adversary in the name of something greater than hisself...

Too bad he was often side tracked by a shapely leg on the way....

well, okay...that's not a bad thing, being partial to shapely legs Myself...

:D

ETA...of the opposite sex I should add....shapely legs on dudes are just.............wrong.

It's a misnomer to call the discussions between The Won and Boehner "negotiations". It's impossible to negotiate with someone whose main theme is "I Won, so you have to do what I Want".
??

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Boedicca?

I'm the real boedicca. The other one is my evul twin with a beard from the anti-matter universe.

Twice each.
More than two....But I'll concede that Clinton had the brains to know when to move toward his adversary in the name of something greater than hisself...

ETA...of the opposite sex I should add....shapely legs on dudes are just.............wrong.

I don't care who he fucks. Aside from what it did to Hilary and Chelsea. Perjury is a crime, yes. But how does that affect America really?

No President, no matter how large the margin of victory, has a mandate which overrides the checks and balances of our tripartite government.

Not one bit.

I suggest you read up on Iran/Contra and get back to me.

That wasn't trivial.

It was treason.

Obama doesn't command respect. Evidenced by the last fiscal crisis we sort of averted.

Doesn't command respect from whom?

From his adversaries.

You're not serious, are you? I mean, you're not really suggesting that it's all on him how the opposition acts towards him, right?

You're also not seriously suggesting that any of this would be different under a President Hilary Clinton, are you?

Not one bit.

That wasn't trivial.

It was treason.

Non sequitur. We were discussing negotiating with Congress. If you wish to discuss Foreign Relations and National Defense, then please explain the morality of Obama's Drone Program.

Watta mean, "aside from that".

That was pretty catastrophic.

It's just now, that that's been done..we move on to stuff that hasn't been done.

And it's the same party that wants to try this stuff out.

Twice each.

I don't care who he fucks. Aside from what it did to Hilary and Chelsea. Perjury is a crime, yes. But how does that affect America really?
Hmm....I was making light of the fact that his extra curricular harmed him....

But lets not forget that Bill Clinton had poor policies and it was only when the Gingrich took control of the House that Clinton became a Good President.

That wasn't trivial.

It was treason.

Non sequitur. We were discussing negotiating with Congress. If you wish to discuss Foreign Relations and National Defense, then please explain the morality of Obama's Drone Program.
Okay, you are fucking freaking Me out....

That wasn't trivial.

It was treason.

Do you know what a non sequitur is?

Iran/Contra was entirely about negotiating with congress.

Reagan didn't get what he wanted after the congress explicitly rejected the funding of the contras.

And if you were so "concerned" about the drone program..where was this concern when the congress passed a very broad AUMF with Bush.

Check it..there are no "victory conditions". It's put us into a perpetual state of war.

That wasn't trivial.

It was treason.

Do you know what a non sequitur is?

Iran/Contra was entirely about negotiating with congress.

Reagan didn't get what he wanted after the congress explicitly rejected the funding of the contras.

And if you were so "concerned" about the drone program..where was this concern when the congress passed a very broad AUMF with Bush.

Check it..there are no "victory conditions". It's put us into a perpetual state of war.
Perhaps you should rethink this post. Iran Contra was NOT about negotiating with Congress....

It's just now, that that's been done..we move on to stuff that hasn't been done.

Catastrophic? Do you know what happens if we don't pay our debts?

From his adversaries.

You're not serious, are you? I mean, you're not really suggesting that it's all on him how the opposition acts towards him, right?

You're also not seriously suggesting that any of this would be different under a President Hilary Clinton, are you?
It would be different under Hillary.. Yes.

Yep.

They wouldn't be questioning her place of birth.

Or making cracks about her being "anti-colonialist".

But everything else would be basically the same. With different insults.

Catastrophic? Do you know what happens if we don't pay our debts?

Of course I know what happens.

But it seems that Republicans don't think it's a problem.

The debt ceiling was and is..a farce.

It's never been used this way..

And it's not about "commanding respect".

It's about putting people in congress to make policy..who hate making policy and hate the government.

Forum List

Back