First woman in the U.S. infantry, kicked out for sex, this is why you don't have women serve withmen

Only gay sex is allowed in the military.

Looks like a certain amount of BS to me...When I was in, it wasn't any big deal if you were an NCO and your squeeze wasn't.....But fraternization between officers and the hoi polloy was different.

Well, in the Navy, if you were an E-6 or below, you could generally get away with dating someone who was of a lesser rank. Matter of fact, was stationed with a dude in Millington TN who was an E5, who started dating an E3, and eventually they got married. Nobody said much about that, because they were both enlisted.

However.......................Chiefs and Officers (the khaki crowd), were strictly forbidden from having anything to do with the enlisted when it came to intimate relationships.

Sucked too. I remember being stationed in Newport RI back in the early to mid 90's, and became a member of a dating group. If you saw someone's ad that interested you, you called and left a message in their mailbox, and if they were interested, they called you back and you talked, leading up to dating. Well, I saw an ad that looked promising, and I called. She answered back, and we spent about 2 hours talking on the phone because we had so much in common. I finally got around to asking her what she did for a living, and she said she was a JAG officer on the base, and she was a LT. Well, right there I knew it wasn't allowed when she said she was an officer. I explained to her that I couldn't date her because I was an enlisted person. She said she understood, and we ended it then. A couple of days later, she came by PSD just to see who I was, and man.................I was bummed out again, because she was very good looking.

infantry--but what was her MOS??
...I've put out the stats/facts/etc before--the majority of women can't hang with the males
...not only do they have less muscle mass, their muscles are not as efficient as males
etc etc

..so then you have a very few who can ''hang'' with the males, then even fewer that want to join the military, then even fewer that want to be infantry
..it's not worth the $$$$/etc to have them there

we didn't call it infantry when I was in
we were called grunts/ground-pounders/

....I would never respect any woman in the USMC if they were my superior because their requirements were lower than males--real equal there---yes??hahahhahahahah

...I've put out the stats/facts/etc before--the majority of women can't hang with the males
...not only do they have less muscle mass, their muscles are not as efficient as males
etc etc

..so then you have a very few who can ''hang'' with the males, then even fewer that want to join the military, then even fewer that want to be infantry

They can make it through the 14 weeks of training, the problem comes with the actual depolyment and long term wear and tear on their bodies...

etc etc

They can make it through the 14 weeks of training, the problem comes with the actual depolyment and long term wear and tear on their bodies...
not many can
many more-- by percentage fall out --of OCS
I wonder what her MOS was?
what training do you mean? BootCamp?

..when I was in, they didn't have to do as much for the PFT [ Physical Fitness Course ]
...this did affect your promotions somewhat

She should have known better. Regs are Regs.

She and he did marry so maybe its not so bad for her.

Anyone who thinks that women and men should not serve together in the U.S. military should be forbidden to turn around and argue that women are not entitled to equal rights because they do not serve in the military. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Or is the OP and his supporters just arguing for a sex-segregated military?

Anyone who thinks that women and men should not serve together in the U.S. military should be forbidden to turn around and argue that women are not entitled to equal rights because they do not serve in the military. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Wrong on all counts.....women should not be in the infantry...other MOS opportunities could be looked at, but combat arms are sketchy. Do you think we should have POW child day care? Remember, John McCain and other POWs were held for 5 years or longer.... a woman could easily have a child in a POW camp....what do you do with the child?

Wrong on all counts.....women should not be in the infantry...other MOS opportunities could be looked at, but combat arms are sketchy. Do you think we should have POW child day care? Remember, John McCain and other POWs were held for 5 years or longer.... a woman could easily have a child in a POW camp....what do you do with the child?
Fantasize much? What do you with the bimbos who claim both that women should not serve in the military and also claim that women are not entitled to equal rights in the U.S. because they do not serve. Confront them, please.

BTW: women have fought all over the world for centuries. Look at Queen Boadecia who lead the Icenae against the Romans in ancient Britain and her statute stands on London Bridge. The Soviet's best-decorated sniper in WWII was a woman. Women fought against the Nazis in the French Resistance during WWII and lost their lives. Women fought in Ethiopia and Eritrea. Women are on the ground and in the air in the Middle East. Kurdish women and others. I loved to see a female flyer strapping herself in her Royal Jordanian Air Force jet to lead a multi-national sortee against ISIS.

Why do you have to insult women so much? The Kurdish women are "boots on the ground." Why do you think that they do it? If someone fucked up my homeland, I would certainly stand and fight.

What's your thing about women?

Last edited:

Fantasize much? What do you with the bimbos who claim both that women should not serve in the military and also claim that women are not entitled to equal rights in the U.S. because they do not serve. Confront them, please.

Moron.....the effectiveness of the military to fight in a war is completely different from the equal Rights of women as citizens.... you don't have 4' tall basketball players yet those people still have equal Rights......

Yep...the first woman to make it through Marine Infantry training, has just been kicked out for having sex with a subordinate...unlike congress, this is actually taken seriously in the military..

One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marines

The unconvenient truth is that women and the military don't mix

Why Military Women Are Missing from the #MeToo Moment

You tend to run into trouble when you mix war and sex, which is why neither women nor gays belong. Having these distractions is a choice.

But alas, we are all lab rats in some Progressive societal science experiment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back