First ribeye loin grill

That sounds yummy.
With a cut like a ribeye, that masks the taste for me. I want to savor the steak itself.
I like to keep it simple when it comes to good cuts of steak, and I would just season it with salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt or Adobo) and grill it until medium rare. Make gravy out of the trimmings and add a little beef broth and some flour to thicken it up and serve with mashed potatoes. You can't beat steak and potatoes! :)
of course not lol.
im going to put rosemary, garlic, pepper, salt and little parsley on it. IDK about flour though. Seems like you would want it thin?

I like my gravy thick! I don't like au jus. It's too watery.

I don't put gravy on my steak. I use it for the taters! I make my own steak sauce and use that for steak.

I like to keep it simple when it comes to good cuts of steak, and I would just season it with salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt or Adobo) and grill it until medium rare. Make gravy out of the trimmings and add a little beef broth and some flour to thicken it up and serve with mashed potatoes. You can't beat steak and potatoes! :)
Adding biscuits to the menu to sop up the gravy makes your menu beatable.

I like biscuits, but the steak and potatoes are the best part, IMO. I love potatoes so much!
Adding biscuits to the menu to sop up the gravy makes your menu beatable.

I like biscuits, but the steak and potatoes are the best part, IMO. I love potatoes so much!
Using one's fingers to clean one's plate is sometimes considered poor table manners. Biscuits are much more efficient as well as being more acceptable in formal settings. Plus the flavor of good mashed potato and gravy with a biscuit is very delicious.

That sounds yummy.
With a cut like a ribeye, that masks the taste for me. I want to savor the steak itself.
of course not lol.
im going to put rosemary, garlic, pepper, salt and little parsley on it. IDK about flour though. Seems like you would want it thin?

I don't put gravy on my steak. I use it for the taters! I make my own steak sauce and use that for steak.

I know. I'm starving now! :lol: I'm supposed to make a few side dishes for Thanksgiving. Now, I just want to make steak and potatoes. :eusa_dance:

That sounds yummy.
of course not lol.

I know. I'm starving now! :lol: I'm supposed to make a few side dishes for Thanksgiving. Now, I just want to make steak and potatoes. :eusa_dance:

you’re starving? How shocking.

Just kidding.

That sounds yummy.
of course not lol.

Fry up a ribeye in butter and snack away while you are cooking up that other stuff.

I'm confused...is it ribeye steak, bone in...or ribeye without the bone?

I don't trim them. The fat on ribeye is different than fat elsewhere, and it makes the meat. That isn't to say you are obliged to eat it all. But cook it with the fat. There will be some hard fat and some soft fat...generally speaking the fat all tastes good but I don't eat the hard fat or big globs of fat. But I don't cut up my ribeyes.

I season them with salt and pepper...then I grill or fry on pretty high heat. I like them rare, or medium rare. Rare makes me happiest. Seared on the outside. When I turn it I put a big dollop of butter on the cooked side. When I serve it I put more on.

It's one of the easiest and fastest steaks to cook, if that's what we're talking about.

I'm confused...is it ribeye steak, bone in...or ribeye without the bone?

I don't trim them. The fat on ribeye is different than fat elsewhere, and it makes the meat. That isn't to say you are obliged to eat it all. But cook it with the fat. There will be some hard fat and some soft fat...generally speaking the fat all tastes good but I don't eat the hard fat or big globs of fat. But I don't cut up my ribeyes.

I season them with salt and pepper...then I grill or fry on pretty high heat. I like them rare, or medium rare. Rare makes me happiest. Seared on the outside. When I turn it I put a big dollop of butter on the cooked side. When I serve it I put more on.

It's one of the easiest and fastest steaks to cook, if that's what we're talking about.
Its a rib eye loin with no bones. About a 3 pound chunk.
My way of cooking the actual meat isn't the problem, I need help with my au jus. I have only done it once and used powder stuff from store... gross
I only cut off the thick layer of fat on one side. It still has plenty lol

au jus is just the dripping from the pan......you are using a grill, no?
yes. My plan was to put all my trimmings, some onion and wors sauce and water or dark ale in it and put it under roast in grill. Am I going down the right path?

yes. My plan was to put all my trimmings, some onion and wors sauce and water or dark ale in it and put it under roast in grill. Am I going down the right path?
I'd go real easy on the liquid or you'll end up with a stewed roast, won't you? When you're done, you add the liquid to the nice brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan to get your jus

I'd go real easy on the liquid or you'll end up with a stewed roast, won't you? When you're done, you add the liquid to the nice brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan to get your jus
Put the pan under the grill grate, not put roast in it. I don't want to stew it, I just want to catch the juice

Forum List

Back