First Iowa, now Maine?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Looks like the GOP, in another history making event, may have goofed their count of the vote in Maine.

What is it with GOP presidential caucuses and the counting of those results?

The Bangor Daily News in Maine reports "pressure is on" the state Republican Party to "reconsider its weekend declaration that Mitt Romney won" the Maine caucuses. Romney edged out Ron Paul by 194 votes.

Several Maine towns were not included in the vote totals released Saturday, Feb. 11, because they did not hold their caucuses by that date. The newspaper's town-by-town review found that some communities voting before Feb. 11 -- such as Waterville and those in Waldo County -- weren't included in vote totals.
Are the Maine GOP caucus results in doubt?

Why is this so hard for them? :lol:

I smell the Bush-machine angling for a "Draft Jeb" brokered convention. Did you say Maine?!?! :eek:

I'm just wondering if the "Republican Establishment" is having something to do with this. They think Romney is the only viable candidate..so they are ginning up the votes or something.

Who knows..the GOP isn't really into Democracy..anyways.

I smell the Bush-machine angling for a "Draft Jeb" brokered convention. Did you say Maine?!?! :eek:

I'm just wondering if the "Republican Establishment" is having something to do with this. They think Romney is the only viable candidate..so they are ginning up the votes or something.

It isn't about viability, it's about maintaining the status quo. They will do anything to prevent their applecart from being tipped over. Since Obama is on the same payroll as Romney they know it doesn't matter which one is elected next time.

It isn't about viability, it's about maintaining the status quo. They will do anything to prevent their applecart from being tipped over. Since Obama is on the same payroll as Romney they know it doesn't matter which one is elected next time.

That's why we need public financing of elections. If they're the same, it's because they're beholden to the same special interests, instead of US!

I do not think that there is any national conspiracy. I believe it is just incompetence by state party officials. I would like to think if it was a national conspiracy that it would have been conducted more professionally.

I do not think that there is any national conspiracy. I believe it is just incompetence by state party officials. I would like to think if it was a national conspiracy that it would have been conducted more professionally.

Have looked at the state of the Republican Party lately? Professional goof-ups, IMO!

Looks like the GOP, in another history making event, may have goofed their count of the vote in Maine.

The Bangor Daily News in Maine reports "pressure is on" the state Republican Party to "reconsider its weekend declaration that Mitt Romney won" the Maine caucuses. Romney edged out Ron Paul by 194 votes.

Several Maine towns were not included in the vote totals released Saturday, Feb. 11, because they did not hold their caucuses by that date. The newspaper's town-by-town review found that some communities voting before Feb. 11 -- such as Waterville and those in Waldo County -- weren't included in vote totals.

No shit. I started a thread about the Maine Fraud.

Jeb can't win this year either; that is why he is staying away. He knows that after this year's debacle he may actually have a shot in 2016. I would certainly consider him at that point. He is not his brother, but he still carries the name.

We all know they can't have Ron Paul win a primary, that would eliminate their biggest slam against him, that he hasn't won a primary.

Can you say Iowa 2.0?

They didn't mess up the counting, aside from Washington County those other counties were always scheduled to caucus later than the 11th. The problem now is that they're trying to say that it doesn't matter what happens in those counties, including Washington, because Mitt Romney won so there.

They didn't mess up the counting, aside from Washington County those other counties were always scheduled to caucus later than the 11th. The problem now is that they're trying to say that it doesn't matter what happens in those counties, including Washington, because Mitt Romney won so there.

Some of the counties that weren't included caucused on the 4th. There were also reports of the numbers being fudged since the numbers reported were different than the numbers that were sent in.

Yeah..but twice?

Come on.

Iowa was history making. This would really be a very big screw up.

Votes are counted by election officials, not the party.

Votes are counted by election officials, not the party.

Even more the worry.

But it's the party declaring winners..chief.

Given this is the GOP, you may have a point.:lol:

Forum List

Back