First indications to support PP shooting as anti-abortion terrorism

I keep telling people they are far, far, far more likely to be murdered by someone they know than by a terrorist. It's a simple fact.

You are twice as likely to get hit by lightning than killed by a terrorist.

About 15,000 people a year are murdered in the US, and half are killed by someone they know. A quarter are killed by a relative.

So I tell the anti-Muslim pants shitters they are surrounded by maniacs and should move to a mosque where they will be much safer.

So you want him to be not guilty by reason of insanity?

Short answer to your question: NO!

BUT....Thank you for bringing up one of my biggest 'pet peeves'.

The concept of 'Insanity' should never, ever, EVER have anything to do with 'Guilt' or 'Innocence' - NEVER!

I don't give a crap if you were sane or not when considering your guilt or innocence because it has nothing to do with whether you did it or not. Either you committed the crime or you did NOT.

Once guilt is established - 'Yes, you shot the guy 47 times' - DURING 'SENTENCING ' - THEN AND ONLY THEN - should your mental status be considered. If you killed someone you are GUILTY. If you are then found to be INSANE then appropriate punishment - like commitment into a mental institution - should be considered.

So this guy is crazy essentially in the same manner the 9/11 hijackers were crazy.

So this guy is crazy essentially in the same manner the 9/11 hijackers were crazy

You have something, other than opinion, showing Dear to be a religious zealot?
Former wife says Planned Parenthood terrorist is conservative, religious and anti-abortion

"Dear was politically conservative, religious, owned guns and believed that abortion was wrong — but he was not obsessed with any of these issues,"

The concept of 'Insanity' should never, ever, EVER have anything to do with 'Guilt' or 'Innocence' - NEVER!

I don't give a crap if you were sane or not when considering your guilt or innocence because it has nothing to do with whether you did it or not. Either you committed the crime or you did NOT.

Once guilt is established - 'Yes, you shot the guy 47 times' - DURING 'SENTENCING ' - THEN AND ONLY THEN - should your mental status be considered. If you killed someone you are GUILTY. If you are then found to be INSANE then appropriate punishment - like commitment into a mental institution - should be considered.

So this guy is crazy essentially in the same manner the 9/11 hijackers were crazy.
Pretty much, the difference being that the 9/11 highjackers were part of an organized movement that purposely set out to kill as many people as possible. This guy is on his own.

There are no organized movements in America to stop abortion?
You're not paying attention. I said "the 9/11 highjackers were part of an organized movement that purposely set out to kill as many people as possible". Stopping abortion =/= killing as many people as possible. So, please try again.

First, a person has to be found competent to stand trial. If a person cannot mount their own defense, they cannot be tried. They are institutionalized.

If the person is tried, it is then determined if the person did it. If that fact is established, if they are then found to be incapable of knowing right from wrong, they are committed to a mental institution.
Their sanity still has nothing to do with if they DID IT OR NOT. The fact that they did not know right from wrong is a reason WHY THEY DID IT, not IF they did it.

Pay special attention to the bolded part. You douche sticks who are so desperate to create a culture built on false allegations of selling baby parts hold a degree of blame.

What moved a man to kill three people and wound nine others at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado has not been disclosed. But the suspect accused of carrying out the shooting spree, Robert Lewis Dear, made remarks about "baby parts" to investigators after his surrender, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Dear, 57, told them he has anti-abortion and anti-government views, but that doesn't mean those opinions were his motive for allegedly shooting up the Colorado Springs clinic on Friday, the official said. It's too early to tell, as investigators are still processing evidence.

Source: Colorado shooting suspect spoke of 'baby parts' - CNN.com
Meh....no one is going to care. They no longer care about Sandy Hook or Oklahoma City or Charleston or Oregon or Colorado.....but they care very very much about Benghazi!!!!!!!

Pay special attention to the bolded part. You douche sticks who are so desperate to create a culture built on false allegations of selling baby parts hold a degree of blame.

What moved a man to kill three people and wound nine others at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado has not been disclosed. But the suspect accused of carrying out the shooting spree, Robert Lewis Dear, made remarks about "baby parts" to investigators after his surrender, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Dear, 57, told them he has anti-abortion and anti-government views, but that doesn't mean those opinions were his motive for allegedly shooting up the Colorado Springs clinic on Friday, the official said. It's too early to tell, as investigators are still processing evidence.

Do you think the fact Planned Parenthood sells baby parts should have been kept from the public? Should that be a secret?

Terrorism is the new word we use when we want to elevate a crime to something to more than what it is. It is kind of like the opposite of what the left tried to do after 911. They wanted to downplay it so they called it a "crime" to make it sound like some guy knocked off a bank. The minute a crime happens against one of there political projects then it is terrorism but every thing else is just a crime.
Who on the Left called 9/11 just a crime?

:uhh:

Yes. It's been happening for millions of years.

We will have to agree to disagree. Again, I believe 'sane' people do not just kill people....unless they are just 'evil'. There are also different degrees of being 'insane'...there's the 'bash puppies with a baseball bat and shoot up a kindergarten' crazy all the way to 'in a heated angry moment you snap and shoot your father-in-law' temporary crazy (in that minute you snap).

First, a person has to be found competent to stand trial. If a person cannot mount their own defense, they cannot be tried. They are institutionalized.

If the person is tried, it is then determined if the person did it. If that fact is established, if they are then found to be incapable of knowing right from wrong, they are committed to a mental institution.
Their sanity still has nothing to do with if they DID IT OR NOT. The fact that they did not know right from wrong is a reason WHY THEY DID IT, not IF they did it.
If a person is competent to stand trial, then the trial does determine if they DID IT OR NOT.

You seem seriously ignorant of our judicial process and our Constitution.

If a person is competent to stand trial, then the trial does determine if they DID IT OR NOT.

You seem seriously ignorant of our judicial process and our Constitution.
You and I are talking about different 'specific' cases. You are talking about cases that are in doubt. I am talking about cases in which people admit to the crimes and claim 'insanity' or caught undeniably red-handed and insanity is claimed. in cases where guilt is not in question, I think it is preposterous to claim 'INNOCENT' because of 'insanity'. If you DID it, if you ADMIT to doing it, you are GUILTY...period - you DID IT! I have no problem taking into consideration the individual's mental state AFTER the finding of 'guilty' - which is admitted to ' is made in regards to sentencing.

If you TELL ME you did it, though, then don't THEN tell me you are 'innocent' because you were insane. NO, you are GUILTY but you were insane....

Pretty much, the difference being that the 9/11 highjackers were part of an organized movement that purposely set out to kill as many people as possible. This guy is on his own.

You're not paying attention. I said "the 9/11 highjackers were part of an organized movement that purposely set out to kill as many people as possible". Stopping abortion =/= killing as many people as possible. So, please try again.

Terrorist acts are not narrowly defined as requiring an intent to kill as many people as possible to fit the definition. Where did you get that foolish notion?

We will have to agree to disagree. Again, I believe 'sane' people do not just kill people....unless they are just 'evil'.

I guess when you don't know what you're talking about, all kinds of ridiculous 'beliefs' are possible.

Do you think the fact Planned Parenthood sells baby parts should have been kept from the public? Should that be a secret?

There are no facts in that question.

Terrorist acts are not narrowly defined as requiring an intent to kill as many people as possible to fit the definition. Where did you get that foolish notion?
If you consider nonviolent protest and persuasion to be terrorism, then you must be a college student.

Terrorism is the new word we use when we want to elevate a crime to something to more than what it is. It is kind of like the opposite of what the left tried to do after 911. They wanted to downplay it so they called it a "crime" to make it sound like some guy knocked off a bank. The minute a crime happens against one of there political projects then it is terrorism but every thing else is just a crime.

Where on the 'left' was there any meaningful attempt to downplay 9/11 as not being terrorism?

Forum List

Back