First in the nation, healthcare is now a human right in Oregon

The solution to that is to appropriately fund the VA, not hope they have enough money to pay for their procedures privately. And it's not as if we can't see that other first world countries can indeed provide Healthcare to all their citizens while producing better results, because we can. The life expectancy of Americans is comparable to third world nations. All the first world nations with universal Healthcare have healthier citizens who live longer and are far less likely to go bankrupt dealing with medical costs.
The government can't even properly fund the Post Office

About the only thing politicians in DC know how to fund is their own bank account

That they are experts at doing.

So why do you want to empower lying criminals to oversee your health care?

If Obama had been a CEO, promising us to keep our doctor and health coverage at a lower cost, and lied about it, he would have been sent to prison

But not a politician. No, he just gets reelected after such lies.

That question was too tough for you? What you little bitch, you need people to pay to work in order to pay for your safety via the police?
The police have a monopoly on violence, as does government. It's necessary for there to be consistent laws and law enforcement. We all have to play the same game by the same rules. With other services, like healthcare, or even the fire protection (not always a government service, btw), don't require that kind conformity, and in those cases people should remain free to go their own way.
We all agree the government should do things and that those things cost money, stop being a child. 😄
The Constitution is supposed to be the documented agreement regarding which things government should do, and which things it should not do. Healthcare isn't one of things listed in the Constitution.

Nobody ever said that health care wasn't a human right. The wording was rigged and now Oregonians are going to have to chip in their hard earned dollars to keep heroin addicts supplied with clean needles among other things.

Yep. And if that right was guaranteed, more of us would be able to afford "access" to healthcare.
Absolutely!

Make the productive people pay the bills of those too sorry to pay their own bills. What could possibly go wrong?

Another first.
This state has now fully become the leftist's utopia. We've decriminalized ALL illicit drugs, we damn near have made it nearly impossible to buy a gun with Measure 114 that these asswipes voted for, and now healthcare is a 'human right'.
Anytime you hear someone say "healthcare should be a human right", what they're really saying is, "someone else needs to pay for my healthcare".

um... i agree for the most part

However, health care has always been a right. If an unemployed person went to ER and couldn't pay, he or she was still treated.

But that's not good enough for the communists among us..

Look at all of these cuck losers that want a corrupt inept govt to nationalize the healthcare industry.
These fuckers in washington cant even balance a budget but they want them to control our health?
This country is soooooooooooooooooooo fucked!

However, health care has always been a right. If an unemployed person went to ER and couldn't pay, he or she was still treated.
Not always. Reagan signed EMTALA, one of his biggest mistakes. Unfunded mandates are pretty much always bad policy and have negative consequences down the road.

Last edited:
Another first.
This state has now fully become the leftist's utopia. We've decriminalized ALL illicit drugs, we damn near have made it nearly impossible to buy a gun with Measure 114 that these asswipes voted for, and now healthcare is a 'human right'.
Anytime you hear someone say "healthcare should be a human right", what they're really saying is, "someone else needs to pay for my healthcare".

Voters in Oregon pass health care measure​

By AP staff (AP)
PORTLAND, Ore. Nov. 14, 2022 9:01 p.m.
Oregon voters have narrowly passed a measure that decrees health care a human right.
Measure 111 makes Oregon the first state in the nation to change its constitution to explicitly declare affordable health care a fundamental right.

GREAT!

Humans are G-d's Creation -- thus all humans have a Right to Life!

Another first.

By AP staff (AP)
Oregon voters have narrowly passed a measure that decrees health care a human right.
Measure 111 makes Oregon the first state in the nation to change its constitution to explicitly declare affordable health care a fundamental right.

Funny, they never really define what 'health care' entails....From the OP's link...

"The amendment reads: “It is the obligation of the state to ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.”

"It does not define “cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable,” nor does it say who would foot the bill."

Another first.

By AP staff (AP)

Certainly good news for cheapskates who prefer to stick the taxpayers of Oregon with their medical bills instead of paying for their own.

If I was a bum, I'd be heading on out to Portland, where the people can camp anywhere and shit on the sidewalk, as well as get fre medical care.

The constitution allows anyone to move to Oregon- at least anyone in America.

Funny, they never really define what 'health care' entails....From the OP's link...

"The amendment reads: “It is the obligation of the state to ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.”

"It does not define “cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable,” nor does it say who would foot the bill."

It will be taxpayers who "foot the bill". That's the whole point.

Certainly good news for cheapskates who prefer to stick the taxpayers of Oregon with their medical bills instead of paying for their own.

If I was a bum, I'd be heading on out to Portland, where the people can camp anywhere and shit on the sidewalk, as well as get fre medical care.

The constitution allows anyone to move to Oregon- at least anyone in America.
If it's a "human right" then they can't deny "illegal immigrants" from other states. If you can't afford something, just head to Oregon.

Healthcare is a HUMAN RIGHT. We should all go there
I think you need to think this through. Calling something a HUMAN RIGHT doesn't mean you get everything you want. It means that government controls how much you get. A bit Orwellian in that sense, but that's how progs roll.

Forum List

Back