First early GOP debate handled terribly

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Put the candidates up when over half the country is STILL AT WORK

Ask them about Donald Trump

20 or 30 people in an auditorium built for thousands

What a fucking joke and a slap in the face to candidates.

They are only letting 4500 people in for the main event on purpose to allow the candidates to have as much time to speak as possible, if they let more people in the appaluse would take up too much time.

Nevermind that FOX also put such an emphasis on national polls that Iowa and New Hampshire are feeling down right neglected by the likes of Carlie Fiorina.

Yeah, most of them need a cold slap of reality.

It is really too early for a debate wait until at least september when people aren't on vacation or busy with other stuff

Well I have to eat a bit of crow.

I outright dismissed the slams from the left on the handling and set up for these debates.
Now that I'm seeing it come to fruition I have to agree with them.
I will also admit that I'm not happy about the fact that the moderators are the very same people that chum up with the people running whenever they interview them for their daily programs. I would rather see them be challenged by the other side than this shit.

I outright dismissed the slams from the left on the handling and set up for these debates.
I will also admit that I'm not happy about the fact that the moderators are the very same people that chum up with the people running whenever they interview them for their daily programs. I would rather see them be challenged by the other side than this shit.

They could have gone on MSNBC, but only 3 or 4 people watch that channel any more. At least you will get to see the Democrats challenged on FOX later on. OOPS, they won't go on FOX and I want to hear from you when the same people that suck up to them get to interview them.

The huge field makes this "debate" an unworkable cluster-fuck. No one is going to be happy. They should make it like a reality show where someone gets voted off the island every week until we get a manageable group of serious candidates.

They could have gone on MSNBC, but only 3 or 4 people watch that channel any more. At least you will get to see the Democrats challenged on FOX later on. OOPS, they won't go on FOX and I want to hear from you when the same people that suck up to them get to interview them.
It's not the channel it's the people. The debaters and the moderators are on TV together all the damn time.
Why not Bret Bair or Charles Krouthammer or someone they're not hanging out with on a weekly basis.
At least give the appearance of being unbiased. The two moderators are enjoyable as morning hosts but I certainly don't consider them serious joutnalists.

Well yes. Did you honestly think that FOX was going to support them in any way?
Corporate bullshit

Well yes. Did you honestly think that FOX was going to support them in any way?
Yeah, expecting a fair shake in politics, especially when Foxnews is involved is foolish. It is their sole purpose to stage manage the establishment GOP message, whatever crazy shit that happens to be at the moment.

FOX news killed retail politics for Iowa and New Hampshire. I don't think it's a news organizations place to change the process only because it benefits their own network. Just another example of Fox news sucking.

Forum List

Back