First CFP rankings come out tonight

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
My prediction of what it will be not necessarily what it should be.

1 Tenn
2 Ohio State
3 UGA
4 Michigan

Who ever wins between Tenn and UGA this week will be #1 next week.

TCU should be 5 but won’t be. Clemson at 6 followed by Alabama.

I hope UT is ranked 1. BTW since Nov 22nd of 2014, 8 years, these are the only teams that have ranked 1 by the AP and likely the CFP.
-Bama
-UGA
-LSU
-OSU
-Clemson.

That's it. Earlier in 2014 both FSU and Miss State were ranked 1.

My prediction of what it will be not necessarily what it should be.

1 Tenn
2 Ohio State
3 UGA
4 Michigan

Who ever wins between Tenn and UGA this week will be #1 next week.

TCU should be 5 but won’t be. Clemson at 6 followed by Alabama.

Very close on the top 4.

The rankings are:
1) Tennessee
2) Ohio State
3) Georgia
4) Clemson
5) Michigan
6) Alabama
7) TCU
8) Oregon
9) USC
10) LSU

Of course, 4 of the top 5 play each other. And, for some reason, a loss late in the season does more damage.

I am surprised to see LSU at #10.

Very close on the top 4.

The rankings are:
1) Tennessee
2) Ohio State
3) Georgia
4) Clemson
5) Michigan
6) Alabama
7) TCU
8) Oregon
9) USC
10) LSU

Of course, 4 of the top 5 play each other. And, for some reason, a loss late in the season does more damage.

I am surprised to see LSU at #10.
How did Clemson get in over Michigan? It's not like Clemson is playing a tough schedule and destroying everyone. The ACC is clearly the weakest of the power 5 conferences, and they are struggling. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. If Mich is undefeated going into the OSU game and beats them, they will be in but still. TCU was completely disrespected IMO, they have played and beaten 2 teams in the committee's top 25, are undefeated and didn't break into the top 5 and were clearly separated from the other unbeatens by the committee. I was surprised by the LSU ranking as well. That's some hype for the LSU/Bama game IMO. They are 3-4 spots too high, for a 2 loss team (one of those losses to unranked 3 loss FSU).

How did Clemson get in over Michigan? It's not like Clemson is playing a tough schedule and destroying everyone. The ACC is clearly the weakest of the power 5 conferences, and they are struggling. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. If Mich is undefeated going into the OSU game and beats them, they will be in but still. TCU was completely disrespected IMO, they have played and beaten 2 teams in the committee's top 25, are undefeated and didn't break into the top 5 and were clearly separated from the other unbeatens by the committee. I was surprised by the LSU ranking as well. That's some hype for the LSU/Bama game IMO. They are 3-4 spots too high, for a 2 loss team (one of those losses to unranked 3 loss FSU).
Michigan hasnt played anyone that matters except penn state.
Clemson has played 3 top 25s.

Michigan hasnt played anyone that matters except penn state.
Clemson has played 3 top 25s.
So explain TCU then? They have 2 teams in the top 25 both ranked higher than anyone Clemson has played. And Clemson has struggled against those teams where Michigan has dominated basically everyone they have played. Clemson went to 2 OT's with Wake who just got destroyed by 3 loss Louisville. Syracuse just got killed by 3 loss ND who isnt a good team. Lets not forget ND lost to 4-4 Marshall (a mid major) and 3-5 Stanford. To say Syracuse is overrated is an understatement.

So explain TCU then? They have 2 teams in the top 25 both ranked higher than anyone Clemson has played. And Clemson has struggled against those teams where Michigan has dominated basically everyone they have played. Clemson went to 2 OT's with Wake who just got destroyed by 3 loss Louisville. Syracuse just got killed by 3 loss ND who isnt a good team. Lets not forget ND lost to 4-4 Marshall (a mid major) and 3-5 Stanford. To say Syracuse is overrated is an understatement.
Only one of TCUs was, and they barely beat them. I agree with the rest.

Why OSU over Michigan?
That’s what the committee will do.

I think the 2 teams have comparable resumes, switch them and you’d get no argument from me. They play each other so one being ahead of the other one spot is irrelevant to me.

That’s what the committee will do.

I think the 2 teams have comparable resumes, switch them and you’d get no argument from me. They play each other so one being ahead of the other one spot is irrelevant to me.
see my other reply

Forum List

Back