Fired Navy Secretary Confirms He's Part of the Deep State, Pens Op-Ed

IMHO every "witness" in the schiff circus (except maybe sonland) proved the existence of the deep state!

Trump didn't stick to my talking points...This is not the time to change our relationship with ukraine...

These are not the decisions for mid-level bureaucrats...they are decisions for the PRESIDENT!

The fact that they are so self-important does not surprise me...what surprises me is they are willing to display their self-importance even on national TV or in writing for the world to see!

There ain't no inferiority complexes with these people!

There is no deep state. No President has the right to abuse their authority and people who work for the taxpayers should not be aiding this corruption.

Most insubordinate employees would quietly disappear after publicly humiliating themselves and being fired. Not former Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer. After President Trump canned Spencer for repeatedly working against the president's wishes, Spencer penned an op-ed for The Washington Post titled, "Richard Spencer: I was fired as Navy secretary. Here's what I've learned because of it." In the op-ed, Spencer appears to have learned nothing from his termination and confirms everything Trump said about him and the deep state.

"It is highly irregular for a secretary to become deeply involved in most personnel matters," Spencer acknowledges. The former Navy secretary then goes on to say how he inserted himself into the case of Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher in order to undermine the president's wishes.

"Before the trial began, in March, I received two calls from the president asking me to lift Gallagher’s confinement in a Navy brig," Spencer writes. "I pushed back twice, because the presiding judge, acting on information about the accused’s conduct, had decided that confinement was important."

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

------------

Lead and rope deficiency.
Three minute tribunal and swift execution for sedition based on his OWN editorial.

“Spencer acknowledges. The former Navy secretary then goes on to say how he inserted himself into the case of Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher in order to undermine the president’s wishes.”

That is admitting to the crime of intentionally attempting to undermine the will of a legitimate government (in this case the President). Perhaps someone can help me with the term of that specific crime as sedition treason etc. don’t precisely fit.

"The public should know that we have extensive screening procedures in place to assess the health and well-being of our forces." former Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer

Obviously we need to screen our Navy Secretaries better.

We need better screening so thugs like Gallagher do not get into the service. Obviously we need to screen our Presidents better.

Most insubordinate employees would quietly disappear after publicly humiliating themselves and being fired. Not former Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer. After President Trump canned Spencer for repeatedly working against the president's wishes, Spencer penned an op-ed for The Washington Post titled, "Richard Spencer: I was fired as Navy secretary. Here's what I've learned because of it." In the op-ed, Spencer appears to have learned nothing from his termination and confirms everything Trump said about him and the deep state.

"It is highly irregular for a secretary to become deeply involved in most personnel matters," Spencer acknowledges. The former Navy secretary then goes on to say how he inserted himself into the case of Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher in order to undermine the president's wishes.

"Before the trial began, in March, I received two calls from the president asking me to lift Gallagher’s confinement in a Navy brig," Spencer writes. "I pushed back twice, because the presiding judge, acting on information about the accused’s conduct, had decided that confinement was important."

------------

Three minute tribunal and swift execution for sedition based on his OWN editorial.

“Spencer acknowledges. The former Navy secretary then goes on to say how he inserted himself into the case of Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher in order to undermine the president’s wishes.”

That is admitting to the crime of intentionally attempting to undermine the will of a legitimate government (in this case the President). Perhaps someone can help me with the term of that specific crime as sedition treason etc. don’t precisely fit.

"The public should know that we have extensive screening procedures in place to assess the health and well-being of our forces." former Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer

Obviously we need to screen our Navy Secretaries better.

We need better screening so thugs like Gallagher do not get into the service. Obviously we need to screen our Presidents better.
Perhaps we can use you as a target for our troops, after all shooting you is the same as shooting an ISIS TERRORIST....except you have no balls!

Spencer said that he deliberately inserted himself into the Gallagher case in order to undermine the President. He should have been arrested and charged with sedition.

As Commander in chief Trump is the head of the chain of command. Every officer is his subordinate. Anyone who can't accept that needs to go.

Spencer said that he deliberately inserted himself into the Gallagher case in order to undermine the President. He should have been arrested and charged with sedition.

As Commander in chief Trump is the head of the chain of command. Every officer is his subordinate. Anyone who can't accept that needs to go.
The problem we have is that all these subversives do blatantly obvious felonies, and we have NO ONE with the balls to actually arrest them and go for a conviction.... just after WW II, This bastatd would have been hanged!

The problem we have is that all these subversives do blatantly obvious felonies, and we have NO ONE with the balls to actually arrest them and go for a conviction.... just after WW II, This bastatd would have been hanged!
Vindman is another one that should have been arrested.

------------

Court Marshal the fucker.

------------

I believe he is a civilian, in charge!

------------

I believe he is a civilian, in charge!

I believe he is a traitor!!!

------------

He deserves kudos for being a honorable man unlike Trump. He cares about the Navy and that includes holding them accountable for their crimes. it is trash like you that wants to turn our military into thugs like the Nazis were. You are the one committing treason.
Remind me how you howled when Obama released Manning.........

------------

Marshall who?

Spenser was a Trump Appointee... So Trump can't recognize a "Deep State" figure? I thought Trump only hires the best people.

upload_2019-12-2_4-46-30.jpeg

See, she was on Fake Time's Cover, just like Trump.

Trump isn't legitimate... the people said, "No".

The real problem here is that the Navy had a pretty good reason to go after Gallegher, but Trump kept sticking his nose in the case, not because he understood the case specifics, but because some screaming head on Fox News told him to.

Oh, and Gallagher's lawyers were partners of Rudy Guliani... funny how that keeps coming up.

Lawyer for Navy SEAL accused of war crimes also works for Trump Organization - CNNPolitics

That is what the Secretary of the Navy failed to do. You don’t have to like the orders, you may even think they are idiotic. But when given an order, you obey. That is why our system works. That is why our Military is respected and feared. Because our troops obey the orders they are given.

Okay, here's the problem with that... (Ignoring the rest of your "war story).

The one thing I was taught was that you are not obligated to obey an illegal order... For instance, if your platoon leader tells you to kill a bunch of civilians, you have every right to disobey that order... as you should.

Spenser was trying to work out a deal where Gallagher would be gotten out of the Navy (because he's a dangerous fucking lunatic who HAD shot civilians) but still allowed everyone to save face. Instead, he lost his job and exposed what a clown show the Trump Administration is. The one where the Man Baby issues orders based on whatever got him worked up on Fox News and then they have to carry it out.

Spenser was a Trump Appointee... So Trump can't recognize a "Deep State" figure? I thought Trump only hires the best people.

View attachment 292752
See, she was on Fake Time's Cover, just like Trump.

Trump isn't legitimate... the people said, "No".

The real problem here is that the Navy had a pretty good reason to go after Gallegher, but Trump kept sticking his nose in the case, not because he understood the case specifics, but because some screaming head on Fox News told him to.

Oh, and Gallagher's lawyers were partners of Rudy Guliani... funny how that keeps coming up.

Lawyer for Navy SEAL accused of war crimes also works for Trump Organization - CNNPolitics
He didn't hire you, commie subversive!

Was Gallagher wrong? I said it before. I believe he earned the conviction. Was the President out of line? Absolutely not. The Constitution gives him the power to do just what he did. And if the Military is not defending the Constitution, what the hell are they doing?

As a wise man said, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.

So let's say that Trump goes completely off the deep end in the middle of impeachment, whips out the nuclear suitcase, and pushes the button.

By the logic you've just laid out, the Military should end the world, because, gosh darn, the constitution says so.

This by you makes sense?

The problem with the system you've laid out is that it never accounted for someone who is obviously mentally unbalanced as Trump is being in charge.

That is what the Secretary of the Navy failed to do. You don’t have to like the orders, you may even think they are idiotic. But when given an order, you obey. That is why our system works. That is why our Military is respected and feared. Because our troops obey the orders they are given.

Okay, here's the problem with that... (Ignoring the rest of your "war story).

The one thing I was taught was that you are not obligated to obey an illegal order... For instance, if your platoon leader tells you to kill a bunch of civilians, you have every right to disobey that order... as you should.

Spenser was trying to work out a deal where Gallagher would be gotten out of the Navy (because he's a dangerous fucking lunatic who HAD shot civilians) but still allowed everyone to save face. Instead, he lost his job and exposed what a clown show the Trump Administration is. The one where the Man Baby issues orders based on whatever got him worked up on Fox News and then they have to carry it out.

The way our system works is the Chief Executive decides what happens. Let’s take Syria as one example. The President decided. The order once given is binding unless it is illegal. There is nothing illegal about Trump’s orders to the Navy. It does not mean wise orders. It means legal.

I disagreed with President Obama on going into Syria. I voted for Obama twice. But I still thought that it was a bad idea. Not illegal. Just not smart.

In the Military the reviewing authority. That means the General or Admiral Commanding, has the power to review and either uphold the verdict and sentence or set them aside. Again this is legal.

But let’s take another issue. The feelings of the advisors. There are literally hundreds of examples where the advisors were wrong. President Carter and Desert One as a massive example. The experts drew up the plans. Carter approves them and got the blame when the overly complicated plans drawn up by experts failed miserably.

For Desert Storm the experts presented a conventional plan and it was rejected. It turned out that Stormin Norman was right.

Kennedy with the Cuban Missile Crisis and The Bay of Pigs. With the Bay of Pigs we know now the CIA expected the attack to fail and figured that JFK would throw good money after bad to save it.

One Constant through history has remained. The President gets the blame or the credit.

Wilson ignored his Ambassadors and advisors and their reports. He wanted peace. He did not want to hear it was impossible. He did not want to choose sides. Their truthful reports that his dream was impossible did not open his mind. He closed it even more firmly.

Time after time. Event after event. The President makes the decision and is saddled with the responsibility. We list the ones who end up being right with the greats. We list those who were wrong as the worst.

The job of Secretary if the Navy is not to defend the Navy from Trump. The job is to execute the orders and represent the Navy to Trump. In the end. It is Trump who is ultimately responsible.

The "Deep State" is really just a metaphorical term for people dedicated to preventing the kind of corrupt abuses of power the Orange Fraud is determined to impose.

Orange fraud? Don't you mean Orange CRUSH? :)

He CRUSHED your itty bitty feewings :lol:

Was Gallagher wrong? I said it before. I believe he earned the conviction. Was the President out of line? Absolutely not. The Constitution gives him the power to do just what he did. And if the Military is not defending the Constitution, what the hell are they doing?

As a wise man said, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.

So let's say that Trump goes completely off the deep end in the middle of impeachment, whips out the nuclear suitcase, and pushes the button.

By the logic you've just laid out, the Military should end the world, because, gosh darn, the constitution says so.

This by you makes sense?

The problem with the system you've laid out is that it never accounted for someone who is obviously mentally unbalanced as Trump is being in charge.

You are obviously unfamiliar with both the Constitution and the law. Removal of a President can be accomplished in a few minutes if a Majority of the Cabinet agree. See 25th Amendment.

while the founders did not consider the situation, we have and amended the Constitution to allow for the possibility.

Otherwise. The Military is required to carry out the orders if confirmed. In your scenario we would have been conquered long ago. Someone issues an order and the next guy says that is dumb we aren’t doing it. I don’t like the guy giving the order. Fuck him.

Forum List

Back