Firearm Reviews and Ratings

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
This might help those shopping about for a firearm. Or wondering if they should keep one they have, etc.
Also a place to rave if you have one you really like, etc.
Before going into anything specific, I'll start with this;
12 Of America's Most Popular Handguns & How Much They Cost

I'm a revolver guy but the only Colt "Snake Gun" that appeals to me is the '70s era Colt Cobra. It's what I EDC.

Like era Pythons are nice for what they are but aren't near as tough as a like era S&W K or N frames.

I'd not walk across the street for their (Colt or S&W) modern renditions of today other than the early S&W L-Frame Model 69 5-shot .44 Magnum....I use .44 Special in it mostly.....Think of it as a quality Charter Arms Bulldog.

Pricey at near 1K but worth it. Lose the S&W grips as they suck ass. I put a set of 90s era Craig Spegel designed Uncle Mikes Combat Grips on my 4" example. It rides in a El Paso tanker rig. Great woods gun.

s 001 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I have an S&W 610 in the N frame.
I had it modified to accept 10mm. Magnum.
It's heavy but tough as nails so modifying it to shoot 10mm Magnum isnt an issue.

From left to right...
10mm. Magnum,10mm. and .40 cal.

IMG_3919.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

If I can't get the job done with this... I wasn't going to make it anyway...

20240210_223952.jpg

I bought this one new back in '89, sadly it was stolen a few years ago.

.45LC with a 5" bbl, really nice balance.

:(

m25.jpg

Five and a half inch Colt SAA is my favorite revolver. I have them in .38-40, .44-40, and .45 Colt. All 1st Gen, and all still very functional.

Five and a half inch Colt SAA is my favorite revolver. I have them in .38-40, .44-40, and .45 Colt. All 1st Gen, and all still very functional.
My only 1st gen is a 1901 SAA in .32-20 with a 4.75" barrel.

ct-003-2-jpg.715929

This one came with a letter that was wrong!

The letter said it started life as a .38-40 but that did not make any sense so I called and asked them to recheck and the guy called me back about 10 minutes later and told me they had made a mistake and it indeed had started life as a .32-20. In a few weeks a new letter arrived in the mail..

LOL....I thought the folks over on the Colt forum were gonna have kittens about the incorrect letter.....I mean they got sorta nasty about it.

My only 1st gen is a 1901 SAA in .32-20 with a 4.75" barrel.

ct-003-2-jpg.715929

This one came with a letter that was wrong!

The letter said it started life as a .38-40 but that did not make any sense so I called and asked them to recheck and the guy called me back about 10 minutes later and told me they had made a mistake and it indeed had started life as a .32-20. In a few weeks a new letter arrived in the mail..

LOL....I thought the folks over on the Colt forum were gonna have kittens about the incorrect letter.....I mean they got sorta nasty about it.
Yeah, some of them can get pretty persnickity. They believe Colt historians are infallible.

Forum List

Back