FINALLY some common sense concerning the NFL protests

I thought it was the National Anthem, they bent knee on???? Is the national Anthem, some how the Flag you are talking about? I think I must have missed something?
Yes, you apparently missed your civics classes in high school.

The national anthem is played at sporting events with the flag to salute our nation, which also includes We the People.

Actually it's played to propagate mob mentality and greased by Pentagon pimp money, with our tax dollars who know a captive audience when they milk it. It has absolutely positively NOTHING to do with any sporting event unless the venue is the Olympics.

Go ahead -- prove me wrong.

And you STILL fail to show where this "flag spitting" is. Or even where a flag is.
Why is that?

Let's bring the crickets back out for an encore...
It is played to foster unity. What a truly dark world you live. Funny when a bunch of player protest Trump's words against the NFL that is unity, but the playing of the national anthem you take as mob rule. Wow.

You don't need to "foster unity" when you already have a team, and a logo, and a mascot, and uniform uniforms, and a rabid fan base, and hype out the wazoo. "Unity" is one thing there's an ABUNDANCE of.

Injecting politics into a sports event with national anthems and red white and blue pom poms and singers screeching "God Bless America" and freaking planes flying around, all because the Pentagon paid YOUR tax dollars to do it in a grand commercial, that doesn't "foster unity". That's fucking bullshit. And only the Gullibles can't see right through that charade.

Again -- it is the height of irony that you walk around with that screen name, while simultaneously doing everything you can think of to suppress it.
OK, we got it, you hate America. Enough said. Just keep ignoring the obvious.

Actually I've made no value judgment about "America" directly. I have however taken the unshakeable stance in support of its principles. Especially the one you want to steamroller, the pillar of it all, the First Amendment.

That's why I say your screen name is ironic.

I thought it was the National Anthem, they bent knee on???? Is the national Anthem, some how the Flag you are talking about? I think I must have missed something?

The national anthem is played at sporting events with the flag to salute our nation, which also includes We the People.

Actually it's played to propagate mob mentality and greased by Pentagon pimp money, with our tax dollars who know a captive audience when they milk it. It has absolutely positively NOTHING to do with any sporting event unless the venue is the Olympics.

And you STILL fail to show where this "flag spitting" is. Or even where a flag is.
Why is that?

It is played to foster unity. What a truly dark world you live. Funny when a bunch of player protest Trump's words against the NFL that is unity, but the playing of the national anthem you take as mob rule. Wow.

You don't need to "foster unity" when you already have a team, and a logo, and a mascot, and uniform uniforms, and a rabid fan base, and hype out the wazoo. "Unity" is one thing there's an ABUNDANCE of.

Injecting politics into a sports event with national anthems and red white and blue pom poms and singers screeching "God Bless America" and freaking planes flying around, all because the Pentagon paid YOUR tax dollars to do it in a grand commercial, that doesn't "foster unity". That's fucking bullshit. And only the Gullibles can't see right through that charade.

Again -- it is the height of irony that you walk around with that screen name, while simultaneously doing everything you can think of to suppress it.
When you support a neo-Nazi rally then we can talk about freewill.

Oh? Will you be running it?

I didn't miss my civics class and they NEVER discussed the NFL flying the flag or National Anthem....

where and how is the flag flown at the NFL games, is it a permanent flag pole at all stadiums???

where and how is the flag flown at the NFL games, is it a permanent flag pole at all stadiums???
There is always a military 'colors guard' that carries the flag out, usually along with the local state flag.

It posts itself in the middle of the field, usually, and then the National Anthem is played, and then the colors guard returns from the field to the sidelines, etc.

There is always a military 'colors guard' that carries the flag out, usually along with the local state flag.

It posts itself in the middle of the field, usually, and then the National Anthem is played, and then the colors guard returns from the field to the sidelines, etc.

---- and where did anybody "spit" on it? Or "disrespect" it?

You've been asked this at least six times and continue to run away.

What happened to all the squealing about 'freedom of speech'?
Buttercups to the right of me...snowflakes further to the right of me.
You don't have a clue do you libstain?
How about you educate me?
It's not possible. You are either a foreign agent or another dunce "educated" by the media.
In other words you haven't thought it through for yourself.
Well, I suppose 'group-think' is a form of thinking too...

As if there were any more reasons to not like the Ravens but their behavior in London shows what they are really all about, disrespect for the country that made them rich. Kneeling for the Anthem but standing for the British national anthem, how more in your face can it be? Which is laughable considering Britain's role in the slave trade.

Britain and the US both engaged in that trade, as did France, Portugal, Spain, Holland and Denmark.

And yet --- all of them abolished slavery before we did.

Britain for its part was intercepting American slavers after it had banned the practice.
British Involvement in the Transatlantic Slave Trade: The Abolition of Slavery Project

Why is that?

So you don't want the Anthem or Flag at the football? Or just ban them completely?

Greg

I didn't miss my civics class and they NEVER discussed the NFL flying the flag or National Anthem....

Seems it is mostly carried in by that scum of society...you know...the Military. The ones to whom it means something and who will defend their country even unto death under its colours. What fools to be defending the likes of you.

Greg

The going on bended knee is not about protesting the anthem or nationalism or patriotism, it's about bringing awareness to racial injustice that is still occurring in our nation...

this is what the kneeling has always been about...and that is what the protesters themselves have said it is about...

Our President, has changed the subject and made it about the anthem to distract from these kneeler's cause.
And you solution to their "cause?"

NOPE, it is obvious, most are kneeing in response to Trump not to some made up "cause." Sad to see them doing the work of rich football team owners.
Yes, this past weekend and Monday night's game

WAS TO ADMONISH Trump for butting in where he didn't belong....

Duh!

The kneeling by the, individual players like Colin Kapernik, was to bring peaceful attention to what they feel and think, is Racial Injustice

The NFL coaches like Jerry Jones and the Patriots owner DONATED a Million bucks each, to Trump campaign/inauguration.....they were Trump supporters silly.
They supported Trump when he attacked McCain, no problem. They supported Trump when he said some bad things about women. They supported Trump no matter what he did, until he attacked the shield, then they saw THEIR interests under attack and the rest of the NFL did as did those in the south did in 1861, they joined in to fight the rich man's war. Really history repeating itself is so interesting to watch.
The owners jumped in to it because of Trump's perpetuation of what they perceived as racism.... and because it was none of Trump's business getting involved with THEIR businesses... and wrong of him to add fuel to the fire... that the owners feel is their problem to solve... if it needed solving.... and NOT the problem of the big mouth, President of the United States, or the government in any way. President Trump ventured in to a territory that he had no right or justification for imbedding himself in to it...

The going on bended knee is not about protesting the anthem or nationalism or patriotism, it's about bringing awareness to racial injustice that is still occurring in our nation...

this is what the kneeling has always been about...and that is what the protesters themselves have said it is about...

Our President, has changed the subject and made it about the anthem to distract from these kneeler's cause.

NOPE, it is obvious, most are kneeing in response to Trump not to some made up "cause." Sad to see them doing the work of rich football team owners.

Duh!

The kneeling by the, individual players like Colin Kapernik, was to bring peaceful attention to what they feel and think, is Racial Injustice

The NFL coaches like Jerry Jones and the Patriots owner DONATED a Million bucks each, to Trump campaign/inauguration.....they were Trump supporters silly.
They supported Trump when he attacked McCain, no problem. They supported Trump when he said some bad things about women. They supported Trump no matter what he did, until he attacked the shield, then they saw THEIR interests under attack and the rest of the NFL did as did those in the south did in 1861, they joined in to fight the rich man's war. Really history repeating itself is so interesting to watch.
The owners jumped in to it because of Trump's perpetuation of what they perceived as racism.... and because it was none of Trump's business getting involved with THEIR businesses... and wrong of him to add fuel to the fire... that the owners feel is their problem to solve... if it needed solving.... and NOT the problem of the big mouth, President of the United States, or the government in any way. President Trump ventured in to a territory that he had no right or justification for imbedding himself in to it...
Not to mention having a childish twitter war with the NBA. What an abysmal failure Drumpf is as a leader.

Duh!

Not to mention having a childish twitter war with the NBA. What an abysmal failure Drumpf is as a leader.
:boohoo:

Duh!

And here's the short answer for you on why they supported him....

MONEY....

-with tax cuts for the wealthiest and corporations that Trump has promised, they would get richer....

-with Trump's involvement in this controversy and him fueling it, hurts their pockets.

Duh!

I agree. My respect died long before but glad to see you playing a violin to signal your respect is also dead.

Duh!

I agree. My respect died long before but glad to see you playing a violin to signal your respect is also dead.
What exactly are they demanding?

What exactly are they demanding?
The simple answer is, more.

Duh!

I see what you are saying. The president has no right to an opinion that differs from yours or that of the rich NFL owners. Gottja, censorship.

Why is that?

So you don't want the Anthem or Flag at the football? Or just ban them completely?

Greg

Hey, lotsa people are saying "take politics out of sports" --- and I'm one of them. I've ALWAYS said that.

Football is not my sport --- baseball is. And that sport has been infested with this same political shit for 99 years. I've been to many a game and I've never stood for the national anthem. It has no function in a sports event, unless the event is at the Olympics where athletes are actually representing their country.

But trotting it out for every Tom Dick and Harry event cheapens it and makes it meaningless. It's done because there's a captive audience there, for a completely different purpose, that the Pentagons and the warmongers and the jingoists think they can massage into a mob of robotic drones. As if every time the Queen walks in everything has to stop and everybody has to stand.

It boils down to this simple sentence: FUCK robotic drone behavior.

Fuck
mob mentality, fuck PC and fuck these specious arguments FOR all of the above based on nothing but emotions and "everybody else is doing it".

A national anthem, or a flag or any other symbol of patriotism ---- should be expressed voluntarily. Because it's felt. Not because it's dictated. That undermines its ENTIRE purpose. Once we denigrate it down to a lockstep exercise it becomes FAKE. I will not do Fake.

If I'm at a baseball (or other) game I don't want my national symbols used as advertising exploitations to sell military recruitment or war or politics or PC or mob mentalities I like national symbols that weren't exploited, OK?

Forum List

Back