Finally, Florida Drug Test People On Welfare

This law forces them out of the program.
When evidence of millions if not a few billion dollars in SNAP/WIC/EBT fraud is occurring, you still believe they're all little angels that shouldn't be refused?

Do you think this drug testing law is a good way to stop fraud? I certainly do not. Sure, it might help a little bit, but I would think far more effective ways to prevent fraud could be tried.

When evidence of millions if not a few billion dollars in SNAP/WIC/EBT fraud is occurring, you still believe they're all little angels that shouldn't be refused?

Do you think this drug testing law is a good way to stop fraud? I certainly do not. Sure, it might help a little bit, but I would think far more effective ways to prevent fraud could be tried.
Could you explain how please?

They check income.
They go to the home for visits.

What else can they do?

It's a great way to stop fraud and abuse of the system. Why? Because honest law abiding people don't commit fraud and abuse of the system for the purchase of illegal drugs.

Too nuanced for you?

What you call cowardly neg reps, were well deserved neg reps to an ignorant scumsucker.

I will address the conflict of interest...I am against any conflict of interest in politics.
I am not against drug testing people on welfare.

geeze, I just knew you weren't going to be able to wrap your mind on this. :cuckoo:

Ah, punishment because I am smarter than you.

SO, you can IGNORE a conflict of interest that SMELLS like a governor using a drug testing people on welfare scheme to line his pockets, even if it trashes the Constitution, because it might PUNISH the least among us, the very people Jesus hated...

But Jesus loved the poor, and protected the least among us. But YOU should know, you are a Christian.

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

You and your 'ilk' are detestable in God's sight.

Jesus did love the poor and I have helped the poor. I don't think that helping the poor with their drugs is what Jesus had in mind, do you?

Funny you have to hide behind the Biblical to try and prove something....and it ain't working. You know nothing about me, bfd. Don't try and infer that you do.
Jesus also did not take from someone against their will but gave freely of His OWN will.

Oh yeahhhh.....

I've people at work who use SNAP and it's subsidiary programs and know many who have sold their cards for 50 cents on the dollar then reported it stolen many times to get extra cash to use on alcohol. So call that a second hand source.

Committee on Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Human Resources, 6-11-02 Testimony

Waste and Abuse in the Administration of the Food Stamp Program

Welfare Fraud Stories

Look at all them little angels go!

Is that good enough for you or do I have to dig more?

I'd like to see some cold, hard statistics, not people's opinions.

I've people at work who use SNAP and it's subsidiary programs and know many who have sold their cards for 50 cents on the dollar then reported it stolen many times to get extra cash to use on alcohol. So call that a second hand source.

Welfare Fraud Stories

So those actual cases and government committee testimony AND prosecution isn't hard enough. Gotcha. There's no evidence you'd accept.

Last edited:

Welfare Fraud Stories

So those actual cases and government committee testimony isn't hard enough. Gotcha. There's no evidence you'd accept.

Yeah, I was looking for something like this:

GAO Finds Food Stamp Program Efficiency Improving

That people go in front of Congress and say things doesn't make them true.

The irony here is that parents that use their TANF checks to buy drugs probably know it is wrong and many will stop. It's only the loony left that "sees no evil" and defends them like they are their own children. No wonder so many never break the cycle of drugs and dependency. Mommy and daddy say "it's ok".

So those actual cases and government committee testimony isn't hard enough. Gotcha. There's no evidence you'd accept.

Yeah, I was looking for something like this:

GAO Finds Food Stamp Program Efficiency Improving

That people go in front of Congress and say things doesn't make them true.
again, those cases from a year of prosecution from the California Dept of Social Services didn't matter to you? Yeah, you're back to spouting your usual hackery. I saw that little 6 year old story and deemed it not answering the question.

So whatever. You revitalized your lack of credibility again.

I dont like drug testing period. I have not had a drink or a beer in 15 years and no pill or other illegal drugs since highschool. About a year ago I was the victim of a false postive on a random drug test. I demanded a retest of the same sample and that came back clean. I had to pay for the retest and lost 2 weeks wages waiting for the results.

Well, gosh, you were once inconvenienced in life, and therefore no standards should ever be enforced to protect the public's safety or an employer's interests in any way . . . because God forbid people should EVER have any inconvenience in life. Perfectly smooth sailing with no turbulence is guaranteed in the Constitution, right? :eusa_hand:

So you are fine with the idea of innocent people being found guilty of crimes they did not commit? Its more than an inconvenience for some people who test false postive and their employer will not give them the option to retest.

The irony here is that parents that use their TANF checks to buy drugs probably know it is wrong and many will stop. It's only the loony left that "sees no evil" and defends them like they are their own children. No wonder so many never break the cycle of drugs and dependency. Mommy and daddy say "it's ok".
You make a lot of assumptions about who gets food stamps. I would bet you that it isn't the drug addicted in general but the elderly, the foreclosed upon, and the grannies taking care of the children of their children.

But yea, they are all evil drug abusers.

:rolleyes:

We are not talking about food stamps Ravi. Get with the program.
I was, and know people who have family members who often do this kind of shit. "Losing" their cards to sell for extra cash. There's a whole black market for illegally sold benefit cards.

One of the people I deal with at work is a disabled vet. He came in and had a piece of paper instead of his ID card that he usually had for his benefits and explained that the agency had taken all the ID's away and will have the new issue out in a few days because TOO MANY PEOPLE WERE SELLING THEIR CARDS. And why would you buy a VA card with services? To commit a crime or continue committing a crime. Otherwise you'd buy the services like everyone else.

I've had immigrants tell me how their extended family scam the system by having one head of household then the rest falsely claim to be under his and sign over everything to him so they can get benefits for being 'poor'. All the adults do that and suddenly 4 families get the benefits and monies of 16 families while working full time as well and just having the pay sent to the one family 'head' who then gives their own money right back to them. I've personally seen them then come in and buy 300-400 dollars in garbage groceries and party supplies (non-alcoholic) and expensive foods on EBT and WIC cards.

Not all fraud is druggie fraud but cunning people scamming the system in near industrial levels. All enabled by bleeding heart morons who aren't willing to accept the fact that you need to use tough love because they are so morally weak and their victims don't get in their face about their stealing from them through illegal taxation.

But of course, none of this matters to those fools who dream of the global eco-commune.

Last edited:
You make a lot of assumptions about who gets food stamps. I would bet you that it isn't the drug addicted in general but the elderly, the foreclosed upon, and the grannies taking care of the children of their children.

Guess what then! They won't be affected! How could they? Grannie goes in for a piss test and she presents her list of prescribed medication. They test and find those in her system, she passes.

Your complaint has zero credibility. Quelle Suprise! You must not be required to be drug tested to work at your job. Maybe you should be.

yeah and their is a lot of fraud there also...and also their is social security fraud going on by ethnic grand parents that have supposedly adopted their grand kids when the kids still live at home with their biological parents...whom they split the check with!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!......

Last edited:

yeah and their is a lot of fraud there also...and also their is social security fraud going on by ethnic grand parents that have supposedly adopted their grand kids when the kids still live at home with their biological parents...whom they split the check with!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!......
Ethnicity has NOTHING to do with it. Culture and (lack of) morality does. If people have been raised in a culture that not only condones but promotes scamming the government because they're 'only sticking it to the man/evil rich/white people/gubmint/whomever' they will continue the habit.

I know that some are going to claim this is 'lack of compassion' for those who have no other way. I say those people are lacking in ethics as well for they are condoning and promoting theft, perjury and fraud while stoking the fires of greed, envy and hate.

Not very ethical... and I know you poverty pimps won't agree.

We are not talking about food stamps Ravi. Get with the program.
I was, and know people who have family members who often do this kind of shit. "Losing" their cards to sell for extra cash. There's a whole black market for illegally sold benefit cards.

One of the people I deal with at work is a disabled vet. He came in and had a piece of paper instead of his ID card that he usually had for his benefits and explained that the agency had taken all the ID's away and will have the new issue out in a few days because TOO MANY PEOPLE WERE SELLING THEIR CARDS. And why would you buy a VA card with services? To commit a crime or continue committing a crime. Otherwise you'd buy the services like everyone else.

I've had immigrants tell me how their extended family scam the system by having one head of household then the rest falsely claim to be under his and sign over everything to him so they can get benefits for being 'poor'. All the adults do that and suddenly 4 families get the benefits and monies of 16 families while working full time as well and just having the pay sent to the one family 'head' who then gives their own money right back to them. I've personally seen them then come in and buy 300-400 dollars in garbage groceries and party supplies (non-alcoholic) and expensive foods on EBT and WIC cards.

Not all fraud is druggie fraud but cunning people scamming the system in near industrial levels. All enabled by bleeding heart morons who aren't willing to accept the fact that you need to use tough love because they are so morally weak and their victims don't get in their face about their stealing from them through illegal taxation.

But of course, none of this matters to those fools who dream of the global eco-commune.

Yes. I understand that fraud is rampant. But the Florida program only applies to people getting "free money", not just basic assistance.

I ran into a young lady I know who is pregnant with her second child. She was arguing with a girl at the produce stand over what she was allowed to buy with her food stamp card. I asked about her "baby daddy" and she said he was doing very well commercial fishing.

I then asked when they would marry, (they've been together for six years), and she just chuckled.

Why marry? She'd lose her bennies. :evil:

Ethnicity has NOTHING to do with it. Culture and (lack of) morality does. If people have been raised in a culture that not only condones but promotes scamming the government because they're 'only sticking it to the man/evil rich/white people/gubmint/whomever' they will continue the habit.

I know that some are going to claim this is 'lack of compassion' for those who have no other way. I say those people are lacking in ethics as well for they are condoning and promoting theft, perjury and fraud while stoking the fires of greed, envy and hate.

Not very ethical... and I know you poverty pimps won't agree.
the 1st paragraph of your reply proves my point .....thanks!!:clap2:

Forum List

Back