finally! a show about chris and old rocks

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Creator of ‘Beavis and Butt-Head’ and ‘King of the Hill’ Has a New Target: Environmentalists - WSJ.com

Director Mike Judge’s new animated television series “The Goode Family” is a send-up of a clan of environmentalists who live by the words “What would Al Gore do?” Gerald and Helen Goode want nothing more than to minimize their carbon footprint. They feed their dog, Che, only veggies (much to the pet’s dismay) and Mr. Goode dutifully separates sheets of toilet paper when his wife accidentally buys two-ply. And, of course, the family drives a hybrid.

On Wednesday at 9 p.m., “The Goode Family” will have its premiere on ABC

It's one of those deals that might even be funny if weren't true!

If they really wanted to do what Gore does they would build a massive mansion that has a $20,000 light bill, ride around in limos, and fly all around the country in private jets!

Hahaha

Last edited:
I actually know a guy who is that sincerely fixated on his carbon foot print.

He's rich as Cresous, too, but you'd never know it.

He is one of the few self-proclaiming evironmentalists I know who actually lives up to his own values.

I cannot say I like the guy, because he is a pain in the ass interpersonally, but I respect his commitment.

I actually know a guy who is that sincerely fixated on his carbon foot print.

He's rich as Cresous, too, but you'd never know it.

He is one of the few self-proclaiming evironmentalists I know who actually lives up to his own values.

I cannot say I like the guy, because he is a pain in the ass interpersonally, but I respect his commitment.
I'm an old-style conservationist really. I use very little resources, recycle everything possible, waste nothing and really try to be a good steward, and been this way all my life.

Carbon footprint? Very small I am sure but it's hardly something I work on or need to work on or obsess over. "Waste not want not" was how we were raised. Nothing to do with saving the planet, just being mindful of what I do and the consequences thereof.

Forum List

Back