Finally! A Deterent to Elephant Poaching

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Here's a genius idea that should have been implemented decades ago. Finally the term "Pink Elephant" has found a home in reality.

Authorities are using the same dye that banks use on money (never fades) to color the tusks. It doesn't bother the elephant, but it makes the tusks valueless on the black market.

Kudos to the instigator of this technique.

11813396_1626271064306523_5558444720330270923_n.jpg

I LOVE THE PINK -------pink ivory beads and boxes and fancy little figures -----Bring it on------even piano keys------I WANT IT-----I WANT IT

A Google search reveals that the photo I posted is likely a photo-shopped version of a standard issue elephant. My apologies for that.

However, the dying is still a great idea...even if not an obtainable goal. The magnitude and expense of finding, doping, dying and reviving all elephants with tusks are tremendous.

A Google search reveals that the photo I posted is likely a photo-shopped version of a standard issue elephant. My apologies for that.

However, the dying is still a great idea...even if not an obtainable goal. The magnitude and expense of finding, doping, dying and reviving all elephants with tusks are tremendous.

damn----no pink ivory beads

Forum List

Back