Fighting fire with fire in the tech world.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I pay for a subscription to Office 365. They somtimes change things up to avoid hacking, I guess. Anyway, I got a new phone and did not transfer the old number. In order to get into my account they wanted to send a text to my old phone to make sure I am who I say I am but that phone no longer exists. Both my wife and I exausted all efforts to to contact these people to cancel that acount but without that phone it is impossible. So here is what we did.

My former place of employment has a huge credit union where I have done my banking since 1985. The head of the credit union suggested that I cancel the credit card that the autopay comes out of. That way they cannot get the money and will have to contact us. That is the only payment that comes out of that card. I like the Office feature so I created a new account with them and will not make the same contact mistake again but I am not going to pay for it twice when I can't get into one of the accounts. I am fighting fire with fire.

Your credit card company you put the payment on won't block the payments?
They could possibly ding my credit if I stop payment. This way they have no choice but to contact me personally and give me access to cancel the old account.

Credit report sites will ding you for canceling the card. They do some really odd stuff with credit ratings.

Credit report sites will ding you for canceling the card. They do some really odd stuff with credit ratings.
It is not a credit card. It is a bank debit card and cannot affect my credit score.

Forum List

Back