Fifty-seven swimmers fall sick and get diarrhoea at world triathlon championship in Sunderland

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is what happens when you swim in shit.
And this is also what happens when bitch thatcher sells off all of our water to private companies.

Nothing will happen. The company will not sort it. The govt has a vested interest in looking the other way and the shit will continue to flow in our waters so that some **** can make a profit.

And this is also what happens when bitch thatcher sells off all of our water to private companies.

Nothing will happen. The company will not sort it. The govt has a vested interest in looking the other way and the shit will continue to flow in our waters so that some **** can make a profit.
Were the swimmers warned or is it they don't know better?

Why are you Brits so uncaring about the environment?

Were the swimmers warned or is it they don't know better?
The latest water quality resulta were not published until after the race. But I think it was a qualifying event for the olympics.

But nothing would persuade me to swim in tory contaminated water. Its just full of shit.

That does suck when you have the squirts in the water, though. I had that happen once. Thankfully I didn't have a suit on, though. That'd have been a bit of a sticky wicket. lolol...

(1) You don't get indigestion from swimming in shit; you get it from consuming it. Perhaps the affected athletes had dinner locally and drank tap water or ate salads that had been washed in the poor-quality water. Could even come from tea(!) if the water was not boiled.

(2) Combined sewage overflow occurs in many places in the U.S., and I presume in the rest of the world as well. Many years ago it was customary to route residential gutters and downspouts (stormwater) into the "sanitary" sewer system, and the system was never equipped to handle double or triple the flow that it normally sees, when there is a storm. So the overflow goes right into the river, creek, or in this case the ocean. It is an AWFULLY expensive problem to fix, and the burden falls entirely on homeowners (not the government), who must reroute his own pipes, typically at his own cost. In the U.S. you are looking at a couple thousand dollars per residence, as a minimum. Politicians are reluctant to take this initiative because it aggravates the voters by costing them a ton of money for no visible benefit. It's not unique to the UK.

(3) God treats wastewater with natural processes, mostly bacteria. A week after a storm, the water is fine. It's a good thing, too, because people have been evacuating their digestive systems into the ground and into any available body of water, for as long as there have been people. Treatment of "waste" is a relatively new phenomenon.

(4) None of this has anything to do with Margaret Thatcher, may she rest in peace. She didn't create the problem, nor did she have the power to fix it. Nor does it have anything to do with privatization of wastewater treatment. No private contractor would have signed up to guarantee treatment of all stormwater as well as the wastewater that the system they inherited was designed to treat.

(5) What an ignorant dick you are. (Sorry, had to type that).

The latest water quality resulta were not published until after the race. But I think it was a qualifying event for the olympics.

But nothing would persuade me to swim in tory contaminated water. Its just full of shit.
It's shameful, for sure.
When the cruise ships dock in Santa Barbara, the water gets tested because of the waste they were discharging. After being fined they stopped that shitty practice.

(1) You don't get indigestion from swimming in shit; you get it from consuming it. Perhaps the affected athletes had dinner locally and drank tap water or ate salads that had been washed in the poor-quality water. Could even come from tea(!) if the water was not boiled.

(2) Combined sewage overflow occurs in many places in the U.S., and I presume in the rest of the world as well. Many years ago it was customary to route residential gutters and downspouts (stormwater) into the "sanitary" sewer system, and the system was never equipped to handle double or triple the flow that it normally sees, when there is a storm. So the overflow goes right into the river, creek, or in this case the ocean. It is an AWFULLY expensive problem to fix, and the burden falls entirely on homeowners (not the government), who must reroute his own pipes, typically at his own cost. In the U.S. you are looking at a couple thousand dollars per residence, as a minimum. Politicians are reluctant to take this initiative because it aggravates the voters by costing them a ton of money for no visible benefit. It's not unique to the UK.

(3) God treats wastewater with natural processes, mostly bacteria. A week after a storm, the water is fine. It's a good thing, too, because people have been evacuating their digestive systems into the ground and into any available body of water, for as long as there have been people. Treatment of "waste" is a relatively new phenomenon.

(4) None of this has anything to do with Margaret Thatcher, may she rest in peace. She didn't create the problem, nor did she have the power to fix it. Nor does it have anything to do with privatization of wastewater treatment. No private contractor would have signed up to guarantee treatment of all stormwater as well as the wastewater that the system they inherited was designed to treat.

(5) What an ignorant dick you are. (Sorry, had to type that).
We used to own the water. thatcher bitch gave it away. Now they use our bills to pay dividends instead of fixing the system .

Its another failure of capitalism.

That was my first thought, too.

All true, but you would think they'd hold a large event like that some place besides a sewage overflow.

I posted a thread about how London taps are running dry, they sold their once well managed network to a private entity in the late 80's who have absolutely trashed it. So, yes, that is the easiest and most obvious answer.
Thames water is a huge scandal. One of the biggest transfer of assets ever.

We used to own the water.

Totally off-topic, but you reminded me that I was gonna start a thread contending that "You do not have a right to water"

And then in the text of the OP I was gonna say prove me wrong. Ha.

I never did, though...

Honestly, the swimmers should have known better. It's not a great secret that sewage is polluting your water and your water management is in crisis.
I think they trusted their organising body. the water company should have told them before but didnt.

Totally off-topic, but you reminded me that I was gonna start a thread contending that "You do not have a right to water"

And then in the text of the OP I was gonna say prove me wrong. Ha.

I never did, though...
Water is a human right in Slovenia. All rights are geographical.

That was only like 3%. Maybe the 97% in front of them shouldn't have peed in the pool.

I posted a thread about how London taps are running dry, they sold their once well managed network to a private entity in the late 80's who have absolutely trashed it. So, yes, that is the easiest and most obvious answer.

Correlation is not causation.

Forum List

Back