Female genital mutiliation

It seems there are some benefits - but not enough to make a strong case either way.

There are pros and cons.

For example, the added sensitivity is amazing, but what about when it gets a little too hot?

Actually, unlike circumcision done in infants, fgm does have long term health issues caused by the mutilations.

Same with male genital mutilation.

Skin is designed to regulate heat and defend against infection, which is why it is on the dick in the first place.

What specific health issues are common with circumcision? I have to say...all the men I've known have been circumsized and none have had any health issues.

There is a vast difference between doing it to an infant and doing it to an adolescent woman.
Circumcision has no added health benefit. It spread in the western world to increase medical expenses spreading lies about protection from STD-s. Follow the money. Also, an infant has no say so about being mutilated. It is barbarism on a high degree.

It seems there are some benefits - but not enough to make a strong case either way. There also doesn't seem to be any adverse effects.Circumcision (male) Why it's done - Mayo Clinic
Personal hygiene is a very important factor. In other words, keep it clean.

Onyx is saying that people have a right to mutilate themselves to alter their bodies, so if someone went to the hospital and asked them to amputate their legs, would they do this?

People who either self-mutilate or wants body parts removed have psychological issues and need professional help.

There are actual people that seek to amputate their body parts, and actual doctors that have performed these procedures.

You fascist ***** really need to stop trying to control the voluntary actions conducted by your fellow man.

I've heard of that but I think it's highly controversal - most doctors will not remove a healthy body part for ethical reasons - nor will they do elective procedures that will damage an individual's health.

Actually, unlike circumcision done in infants, fgm does have long term health issues caused by the mutilations.

Same with male genital mutilation.

Skin is designed to regulate heat and defend against infection, which is why it is on the dick in the first place.

What specific health issues are common with circumcision? I have to say...all the men I've known have been circumsized and none have had any health issues.

There is a vast difference between doing it to an infant and doing it to an adolescent woman.
Circumcision has no added health benefit. It spread in the western world to increase medical expenses spreading lies about protection from STD-s. Follow the money. Also, an infant has no say so about being mutilated. It is barbarism on a high degree.

It seems there are some benefits - but not enough to make a strong case either way. There also doesn't seem to be any adverse effects.Circumcision (male) Why it's done - Mayo Clinic
Personal hygiene is a very important factor. In other words, keep it clean.

Personal hygiene in general is very important, any sort of not good aroma on people is not on.

I've heard of that but I think it's highly controversal - most doctors will not remove a healthy body part for ethical reasons - nor will they do elective procedures that will damage an individual's health.

Yet there are doctors that will (some have been arrested since the practice is illegal), and honestly I believe they should be able to do it.

The people that went through with these surgeries wanted it to happen to them, and they felt that the benefit of living the life they wanted was worth the associated risks. I fully support their lifestyle choices, and the government ought to stay out of their way.

Yet there are doctors that will (some have been arrested since the practice is illegal), and honestly I believe they should be able to do it.

The people that went through with these surgeries wanted it to happen to them, and they felt that the benefit of living the life they wanted was worth the associated risks. I fully support their lifestyle choices, and the government ought to stay out of their way.

Have to think about that.

Personal hygiene in general is very important, any sort of not good aroma on people is not on.
We are not talking about wine tasting here, though. However, personal hygiene is very important for both sexes. It is more of a prevention than mutilations. And FGM is despicable and beyond barbaric. You were right when you said it was a crime.

We are not talking about wine tasting here, though. However, personal hygiene is very important for both sexes. It is more of a prevention than mutilations. And FGM is despicable and beyond barbaric. You were right when you said it was a crime.

"We are not talking about wine tasting here, though."

Sorry darling, for a moment I though I was in the Food and Drink Section :eusa_doh::smoke:

"However, personal hygiene is very important for both sexes."

Yes.

"It is more of a prevention than mutilations."

Yes we agree, here in Europa probably 90% of European males are not circumcised, it's only ever been a small minority on our Continent that have ever been circumcised, either for different Cultural reasons or as I mentioned before as a medical procedure where the foreskin has been too tight.

I think in America circumcision wasn't a widespread practice either until probably sometime after 1920, again a minority would be for different Cultural reasons or where the foreskin was too tight.

"And FGM is despicable and beyond barbaric. You were right when you said it was a crime."

Yes and yes, we agree.

In watching many programs on FGM even one on Oprah, and doing a lot of reading on this topic, the statement of supporting women for wanting to do this is moot.
MOST that this is done to is at about age 8-10 years old. And those little girls are held down........screaming to the top of their lungs.

This is all BS.

Female genital mutilation is so horrible! Likely for every woman in the world it's crime doing such kind of things!
Of course male genital mutilation is horrible too!
It's incredible you can find thngs like that in 2016... so sad :(

I am fine with female genital mutilation.

I believe the reason why FGM is so hotly debated and circumcision is not, is due to the stigmatizing nature of the the name, "Female genital mutilation."

And yes, we have all heard the stories of barbaric FGM practices, but the same stories were no doubt once told about circumcision, or in other words, "Male genital mutilation." (MGM for short)

The two are not even remotely close. Male Circumcision does nothing to impact the ability nor the sensitivity of the male organ.

Female circumcision, with the exception of the symbolic "pin prick" method, drastically reduces or even eliminates the woman's ability to feel pleasure during intercourse.

Female genital mutilation is so horrible! Likely for every woman in the world it's crime doing such kind of things!

I'm circumcised and I have no issue with male circumcision.

Male Circumcision does nothing to impact the ability nor the sensitivity of the male organ.

Yes it does.

I do not mean to speak from personal experience, but my most tingly spot was lying under that foreskin.

Female circumcision, with the exception of the symbolic "pin prick" method, drastically reduces or even eliminates the woman's ability to feel pleasure during intercourse.

So what?

Male Circumcision does nothing to impact the ability nor the sensitivity of the male organ.

Yes it does.

I do not mean to speak from personal experience, but my most tingly spot was lying under that foreskin.

So what?

My wang works just fine, and I am circumcised. Hell, it makes housekeeping easier as well.

Me too! ;)
When I said male genital mutilation I meant castration :)

Me too! ;)
When I said male genital mutilation I meant castration :)

Ah, my misunderstanding. There is a small, but vocal minority in this country that call circumcision "male genital mutilation"

Ah, my misunderstanding. There is a small, but vocal minority in this country that call circumcision "male genital mutilation"
Chopping off a body part is mutilation even if it is not crippling, no?

So removing a skin tag is mutilation?

And considering the age most dudes are circumcised the motion is more snip than chop.

Male circumcision as done today does not impact function. Most forms of female circumcision, except for the symbolic "needle prick" method impact function.

Forum List

Back