FEMA wants you to prepare an Emergency kit

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
"FEMA urges residents of every community in every state to be informed, have a plan and prepare a kit," said Albie Lewis, federal coordinating officer for the Alabama recovery. "Each of these may be critical in a family's ability to recover from disaster. A family preparedness kit, particularly, is one of the most important tools at your disposal to keep your family safe in a disaster."

FEMA recommends that an emergency preparedness kit include food and water for each member of the family for three days, a battery-powered or hand-crank radio, flashlight, spare batteries, first aid kit, non-electric can opener, local maps and personal sanitation items such as hand sanitizer, moist towelettes, toilet paper, garbage bags and plastic ties.

Water supplies should be sufficient to meet both health and sanitation needs.
Family emergency kits also should include important family documents such as wills or property deeds, personal identification and any prescription medicines a family member may be taking.

Other items to consider include sleeping bags or blankets, paper towels, books, puzzles and games for children, pet food and medications for family pets.

FEMA wants homeowners to be prepared, lists things to keep in mind | AL.com

That is good common sense.

We had one for awhile but I kept raiding it when we'd go camping, I think all it is now is a plastic bin with a handcrank radio.

"FEMA urges residents of every community in every state to be informed, have a plan and prepare a kit," said Albie Lewis, federal coordinating officer for the Alabama recovery. "Each of these may be critical in a family's ability to recover from disaster. A family preparedness kit, particularly, is one of the most important tools at your disposal to keep your family safe in a disaster."

FEMA recommends that an emergency preparedness kit include food and water for each member of the family for three days, a battery-powered or hand-crank radio, flashlight, spare batteries, first aid kit, non-electric can opener, local maps and personal sanitation items such as hand sanitizer, moist towelettes, toilet paper, garbage bags and plastic ties.

Family emergency kits also should include important family documents such as wills or property deeds, personal identification and any prescription medicines a family member may be taking.

Other items to consider include sleeping bags or blankets, paper towels, books, puzzles and games for children, pet food and medications for family pets.

So they put this news out today? I checked the day 7/11/2014. Yes, there is surely a disaster on the way. Their timing is impeccible. Amazing how they know these things. Thanks, Chuck.

So they put this news out today? I checked the day 7/11/2014. Yes, there is surely a disaster on the way.
lol you are at the very least consistent with your dates and impending doom

I've never given any dates of impending doom. I have no clue of what you are talking about, SteadyMercury. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to my threads and note what I have said and what I have not said. Your confusion didn't originate with me.

Three days of food and water...? Just enough time to set up the detention camps,which is where you'll have to go when your three days of food and water run out.:lol::lol:

And they left out the most important thing...Guns and ammo. Just for food procurement of course.

So they put this news out today? I checked the day 7/11/2014. Yes, there is surely a disaster on the way. Their timing is impeccible. Amazing how they know these things. Thanks, Chuck.

FEMA has been running billboards all over the country for years now, recommending safety kits. This isn't a "new" thing.

Just good sense.

Nothing political, noting to argue about and nothing to do with the rapture stuff.

And, though I've never needed emergency supplies for longer than three days, I do keep a supply of some things for a much longer period.

FEMA has been running billboards all over the country for years now, recommending safety kits. This isn't a "new" thing.

Point taken, Doc, but this wasn't a billboard. It was a news article. Posted today. We can leave it there. Thanks.

Always a good idea to be prepared for an emergency. If you keep your water in plastic jugs buy new ones every 2 months and rotate the old ones out. The plastic starts leaching chemicals into the water.

Forum List

Back