FEMA is failing the people of the east coast.

FEMA is a joke that was established after Katrina and Sandy shows nothing much has really changed since then.

Um, FEMA has been around since 1979, long before Katrina.

I'm very well aware of that and it established it's self as joke after it's Katrina response and it's Sandy response shows not much has changed since Katrina. Unless you feel they are doing a great job now though I doubt very many on the east coast would think so.

The people that need their help don't even have that, what's your point?

He defends Oblamer for everything, automatic response...

It's 43's fault, no way it's 44's...

I don't recall ever talking to you.

But that'd explain why you seem to know little about me. :thup:

God your too stupid to talk to anyone, I never addressed your dumb ass...

Do you see your name quoted anywhere???

Adjust your screen dip shit...

Last edited:
I guess that depends on which neighborhood is asked. Showing up and actually doing what needs to be done are two different things are they not?

They're absolutely two different things.

I just wonder if the numbers of people not satisfied with the fema response are comparable to those that are satisfied, and this whole thing is being made out to be worse than what it really is.

Possible I suppose but still better to error on the side of caution.

From the outside looking in the whole thing looks a mess to me.

I could be way out of line here but things like this would seem much better handled by the military than local, state or federal govts. I mean look at the shit they can do and accomplish in war zones. Maybe dumb but just a fleeting thought.

In the end there's no real way to lessen the suffering of everyone involved, we're talking about millions...even those that got the best of what FEMA had to offer probably would've liked more, I'm sure. There's going to be at least a little suffering from something like this, it's inevitable. Probably most important at this time is people are actually surviving, even if it isn't pretty. Life will eventually regain some normalcy in the region, probably sooner than later.

He defends Oblamer for everything, automatic response...

It's 43's fault, no way it's 44's...

You're right, I made a mistake.

Luckily your shitty attitude means I don't have to feel bad about negging you. :thup:

Luckily your shitty attitude means I don't have to feel bad about negging you. :thup:

Well at least we have something in common, I didn't feel bad about negging you either...:poke:

Well at least we have something in common, I didn't feel bad about negging you either...:poke:

I guess it's two things, I also didn't feel bad about you negging me with such a paltry rep count.

The main argument about FEMA's response to Katrina had to do with the elapsed time after the storm before they actually got there. That wasn't an issue with Sandy, was it?

Actually I think the main argument was that they were turning trucks full of supplies back and not allowing them into the area to distribute clean water and food until THEY were ready.

In general, there was a certain lackadaisical feel to the Katrina response, all the way up to W continuing his vacation for days after the storm moved on.

Who's the "THEY" in your statement, the city of NOLA?

Yet you had no problem with Obama campaigning while people in New York were freezing, why is that?

Neither.

My eyes and ears are open to the reality of what is transpiring. One or two news sources or blogs do not tell the whole store no matter their perspective.

I've watched weeks of news coverage now. Read dozens upon dozens of articles. And can EASILY come to the conclusion that FEMA as an organization is failing on many fronts.

Only hacks turn a blind eye to the obvious based on who is in the whitehouse or who is controlling the response.

You presented a decidedly incomplete picture of what happened and why it happened. Because of the omissions, some might some say that the story you presented was, in fact, closer to qualifying as propaganda. Now, if the average person made that kind of honest error, a heartfelt apology would normally be forthcoming. Since you haven't offered one, and you are, instead, rather defiant, I'm forced to conclude that the truth doesn't mean that much to you. You're just engaging in propaganda for motivations that are easy to read.

In the end, the only thing you've managed to accomplish is to seriously damage your credibility. As a consequence, any post you make or any thread you start will automatically be viewed with suspicion.

You're basically the Clifford Irving (but NOT the only one) of this forum.

You're right its incomplete. But not for the reasons you stated. Its incomplete because the suffering is still occuring. All the dead have not even been discovered and you seem ready to put it behind us. Why?

And I've put forth no propaganda. In order to do that I would need to be placing blame on a party or ideology and I have not. I have done nothing more than express disgust at how OUR govt has responded.

Many of you however seem ready and willing to boil this down to a fight over ideology and party at the expense of the victims.

Simply sad

The suffering is still continuing? No shit! Here's a clue for you. There was a natural disaster. It doesn't get cleaned up overnight with a whisk broom and a new coat of paint. Anything that's destroyed takes FAR longer to repair, rebuild, replace than it takes to destroy. That's just as true of an economy as it is of the Twin Towers, New Orleans, post Katrina, or the NY/NJ shore, post Sandy.

But that isn't my point in the least. Or have I seriously underestimated the degree of your ignorance/duplicity?

Actually I think the main argument was that they were turning trucks full of supplies back and not allowing them into the area to distribute clean water and food until THEY were ready.

In general, there was a certain lackadaisical feel to the Katrina response, all the way up to W continuing his vacation for days after the storm moved on.

Who's the "THEY" in your statement, the city of NOLA?

Yet you had no problem with Obama campaigning while people in New York were freezing, why is that?

Obama stopped his campaigning to go there, Christie thought it was good.

W stopped ranching to strap on a guitar in CA after the calamity was very well known.

I see the Sandy comparisons to Katrina are still going even post-election.

I guess the politicking never does stop.

Ain't that the truth.

The response is being compared not the storm. Katrina set the bar for a terrible response and its only natural to draw comparrisons to see how far we've come and what we've learned.

Or we can just stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is hunky dory

What has been bad about the response compared to Katrina? New Jersey and New York have faced a catastrophic storm, a lot of the infrastructure is ruined. What do you think that FEMA's specific role is supposed to be there?

My immediate family is there, one family member on Eastern Long Island has no electricity but she is doing fine because she filled her tank, got cash, and is getting along ok. Two in Queens northern county have electricity and are getting along just fine, one in the Bronx lost electricity and got it back and they are ok, one in northern New Jersey had some tree damage and I think flooding damage and they are ok.

There are other areas that are decimated and pose logistical challenges, to assert that people are just sitting back with their thumbs up their asses is dishonest and insulting as well as just plain ignorant. Do you think that the first responders are just sitting around and playing cards? Do you think that the hard working linesmen and women are just sitting around boozing it up and being lazy? Do you think that the transportation departments are having a party and just chilling pout or do you think that they are trying to clear the roads the best they can?

Give it a fucking break...................

I see the Sandy comparisons to Katrina are still going even post-election.

I guess the politicking never does stop.

Ain't that the truth.

The response is being compared not the storm. Katrina set the bar for a terrible response and its only natural to draw comparrisons to see how far we've come and what we've learned.

Or we can just stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is hunky dory

The reason the Katrina response was (and is) so criticized is because the Federal Gov't relief effort didn't get to NO for four days even though the storm was easily predicted days in advance and Bush and his FEMA team led by Michael "Brownie-you're-doing-a-heckofa-job Brownie" said they were ready for it.

Fast & Furious: The minute-by-minute, behind-the-scenes negotiations that led to this year’s F.E.M.A transaction

12/19/12
By Al Barbarino

The whirlwind negotiations between the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Muss Development to create an impromptu relief outpost in Queens in the days following Hurricane Sandy’s descent on New York would not have happened had it not been for one of the real estate industry’s leading dynasties.

In a deal that would later come to symbolize the overall dedication of the city’s real estate titans, government officials and executives banged out terms for 200,000 square feet of temporary space at the Forest Hills Tower in a mere five days, a minor miracle in the world of office leasing.

---
Fast & Furious: The minute-by-minute, behind-the-scenes negotiations that led to this year

Last edited:

Forum List

Back