Fema Director Resigns......

A

archangel

Just released on CNN...Michael Brown resigned...Predictable No?
The administration left him hanging...then he bailed!

archangel said:

He was supposedly schedule to resign in a few months but...

no..this is no surprise.

"Spend more time with family, blah blah blah."

So....Rudy will be appointed the new head of FEMA?

Or...I can't believe I'm saying this...Jimmy?

GotZoom said:
He was supposedly schedule to resign in a few months but...

no..this is no surprise.

"Spend more time with family, blah blah blah."

So....Rudy will be appointed the new head of FEMA?

Or...I can't believe I'm saying this...Jimmy?

However I just wish they would find someone who is truly qualified outside the political arena...wishful thinking on my part!

Abbey Normal said:
Let's put a ranking Democrat in charge. Then next time all hell breaks loose, we can blame him/her for everything. Nancy Pelosi, for example.

no way she is too happy with her rediculous position in the House...she would concede to her hubby though...that would work! After all he pays the bills and knows how to cheat on paper really well....LOL

archangel said:

The biggest news that will be reported that isn't news today. Who here was actually surprised by this? We actually had a pool going on here at work. I lost, I thought it would be tomorrow instead of today.

no1tovote4 said:
The biggest news that will be reported that isn't news today. Who here was actually surprised by this? We actually had a pool going on here at work. I lost, I thought it would be tomorrow instead of today.

ya give a 24hr buffer...how much did ya lose....just curious...maybe it is tax deductable! :happy2:

"The focus has got to be on FEMA, what the people are trying to do down there," Brown told The Associated Press.

His decision was not a surprise. Brown was abruptly recalled to Washington on Friday, a clear vote of no confidence from his superiors at the White House and the Department of Homeland Security. Brown had been roundly criticized for FEMA's bearish response to the hurricane, which has caused political problem for Bush and fellow Republicans.

"I'm turning in my resignation today," Brown said. "I think it's in the best interest of the agency and the best interest of the president to do that and get the media focused on the good things that are going on, instead of me."

Brown, who said he last talked to Bush five or six days ago, said the resignation was his idea. He spoke on Saturday to White House chief of staff Andy Card, who did not request his departure, according to Brown.

He said he feared he was becoming a distraction to FEMA's relief effort.

"I came to the conclusion that this was in the best interest of not just the administration and not just me, but FEMA," he said. "They need to be focused on the continuing efforts in the Gulf."

Shortly after Brown was recalled to Washington last week, officials close to the FEMA director said he would likely resign. They said that even before Katrina, Brown had been planning on leaving the administration late this fall to go into the private sector.

From KTAR radio - Phoenix, AZ

archangel said:
ya give a 24hr buffer...how much did ya lose....just curious...maybe it is tax deductable! :happy2:

Actually, everybody chose a date after today, I was closest but since we weren't right on everybody just got their money back.

I gotta set the rules for the next damned pool. I shoulda won it!

no1tovote4 said:
Actually, everybody chose a date after today, I was closest but since we weren't right on everybody just got their money back.

I gotta set the rules for the next damned pool. I shoulda won it!

if you were the closest you should have won by default...LOL

After missing with Bush, Rove, and DeLay the leftie moonbats finally get their corpse.

Republicans----> :whip: <------Themselves

-

Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler said:
September 12, 2005
G-d, This is Getting to be Tiresome!
Yep, he was just “reassigned”, it didn’t mean nothing, no sacrificial lamb there.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The director of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency Michael Brown, under fire and recalled to Washington in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and criticism of the Bush administration’s handling of the crisis, resigned on Monday.

...and if you believe that he “resigned”, those Brooklyn bridges I advertised about earlier are still for sale.

My heartiest congratulations to all of the RINOs participating in the witch hunt of Michael Brown, you got your wish. You heroically refused to participate in the “blame game” and showed your objectiveness by ignoring the true criminals. You ought to be proud of yourselves.

The sad thing is, you probably are.

Once again, you’ve proven that there is no limit to the Party of Stupid’s willingness to repeat the same idiotic action over and over again, hoping for a different result.

You’ve managed to slit the throat of yet another one of ours in order to prove how “fair” and “inclusive” you are, and I bet that you think that you’re going to get something out of the deal this time, feeding the crocodile yet again in hopes that he’ll be too full to eat you later.

Have fun continuing to appease the unappeasable, and don’t come whining to me when it turns out that all you ever achieved was to divert attention away from the ones truly responsible for the Cajun Mess of 2005™, because if you think for one second that you’re going to get anything in return for your feeding our own to the wolves, then you truly are as stupid as I feared you might be.

Oh, and I know that it’s just yet another step in the fantastically ingenious and diabolical plan to Bring Down the Dhimmicrats Once and For All™ that I’ve been hearing about since 2001, so don’t bother telling me again.

I just wish that I didn’t have to be right all the time. It’s getting to be more than just a little bit boring and I’m beginning to wish that I hadn’t spent so many years of my life learning how to read between the lines.

Oh, to be blissfully ignorant once again.

Forum List

Back