Fellow republicans lets stop lying to ourselves.

Romney was the best candidate the Republicans had by far

He just was not good enough

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

All of this and yet still Obama won...

Not only that but Romney didn't even get the base!

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

Moderates like Romney, Rove and the speaker of the house are killing the party.

You guys are so clueless. No one would have done better than romney. But please start now and get the ryan for 2016 going. Bachman for VP. Make it easier than this time. Call us takers and lazy and all that stuff rush said all week. Let beck and hannity fire us up everyday to send money and register people and take them to the polls.

Why bother. Rock on tea party shitheads.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

yeah, newt was your best bet if you couldn't get michelle bachmann

loon

But that's simply untrue. It wasn't that Romney was the wrong man. It was that the people chose Obama instead. Romney is the only candidate that ran who had the experience doing exactly what needed to be done.

You dont think that was Romney's fault???? It sure as fuck not Obama's job to make the point that he is incompetent! How bad does a candidate have to be to lose to a President as bad as Obama? This is a bonafide fact that Romney is just that bad. He got 3 million votes less then McCain! Holy shit ! That is just amazing to have been that bad that McCain beats you! Romney choked and that is because he was a Moderate. We tried being more like Democrats and rightfully lost.

if only you had chosen herman cain.

he would have kicked ass

We got some work to do. What party doesn't after an election? And the Dims have work to do as well.

If you don't believe that, check out how Barry's popular vote margin shrunk '08 to '12, his millions of fewer popular votes, and his loss of Electoral votes.

yeah, he needs to tighten it up before he runs for reelection

oh, wait...

Romney was a good candidate, he just failed to realize that it wasn't 47% percent of takers, it's higher than that. The nation has tipped into a majority of takers and a minority of makers.

There's really only one way to counter this and that's to give them what they want and further reduce the number of people who are willing to be providers.

I think it's those talking points that got them. The country knows why we have such high unemployement numbers. I think the country doesn't like the Rabid Right trying to use the deaths in the War on Terrorist as political fodder. We all know the role Republicans Brinkmanship (over the debt ceiling) played in the downgrade. Also we know Gas prices steadily rose during the 2000's and the only time it dipped was during the crash begining in Oct 08. There was much more corruption in the Raygun Administration. The Republicans did help bring about the end of slavery however they were never for equal rights. The Republicans are also a party of tax and spend big governemnt like the Democrats, they just spend it a little differently. Romney may well be a moderate, but Rove is nothing of the sort, he is a hard core pseudo-conservative.

The deaths of those 4 men should have been driven harder cause that shows the failure of Obama's leadership!

if only rick santorum had been the candidate, everything would have been fine

It doesn't help that network news, daytime tv, and late night talk shows all favor the Dem agenda over reality. How can you compete with a small minority that dictates to the majority what is going on in the country, even when it's horribly misleading and inaccurate?

It doesn't help that network news, daytime tv, and late night talk shows all favor the Dem agenda over reality. How can you compete with a small minority that dictates to the majority what is going on in the country, even when it's horribly misleading and inaccurate?

Double down on its the liberal media fault. Rock on tea party. Obama and I thank you:clap2:

if only sarah palin had decided to run, all would be well

There is much more wrong with the GOP than their chosen nominees imo.

The party is nothing I would want to join. When I was supporting Scott Brown during the first special election they had to fill the Senate seat that was once occupied by Ted K. the hard driven righties were all over him and me on the forum calling him a RINO and me some choice names. This from people who had the audacity to call Bush a true conservative.

Honestly, I can't stand extremists on the left and the right. They are both annoying, hypocritical and political frauds.

I will never embrace either group or their candidates if they remain as they are as of late.

I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.

I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.

I actually would say this post is right on the money for telling it like it truly is.

One thing the lefties here are missing in all their cheesy gloating. None of you were ever going to vote for an R so please spare the rest of us your stupid ass direction, advice and finger wagging on what you think was wrong with Mitt or what he shoulda coulda mighta done to do better on election day.

The people that mattered are not many of the lefties who post here. You guys were never the demographic he sought or expected nor was your vote ever going Romney's way. Some of you are cradle to grave liberal Dems who vote the party always. Own it and stop the BS.

The people he lost because of his platform/style/record were Independents and Moderate Dems and some of the southern areas and some Christians and Jews likely.

Name the right man oh foolish person. Name one Republican the left won't demonize and marginalize.. christ people you need to get a fucking grip

Mitch Daniels, the former Govenor of Indiana would have been a great pick, but he didn't want the job.

Forum List

Back