Feel the hate

well, except for the fact that everything you post is pro left. that is all the proof I need. :lol: I gave you a chance to air your anti-left views and you had a stroke. :lol: doh!

and when did i have this stroke? when i said this?
whats your point? im not allowed to cricitise both sides? its cute you think you got scored some major victory. my dislike of all politicians and the two major parties is no secret. ive stated it many times on these boards. just because youre convinced im a lefty doesnt make it so

you really spin things in your head, dont you?

edit: i think i see the problem here. you dont think anyone can criticise one party without being a total ham for the other party. is that it? that allows you to overlook the fact that i've never said anything that youve brought up which would make me a partisan hack

Last edited:
see? that says it all. and now you want to whine cause they are fighting back. :clap2:

what in the hell are you even talking about Willow? McCain is the one not focusing ON THE ISSUES! are you so blinded by partisan bullshit that you can't see the truth? to say they are counter-attacking is bullshit and you know it.

McCain/Palin have been lying about Obama since the DNC. they lie about his tax plan, they lie about his working with the Republicans, they lie about anything and everything. Obama calling them liars isn't a smear when it's based on a FACT.

The Repubs can't win on the issues...they KNOW they can't win on the issues so rather than try to come up with a plan that would change the course of this country and possibly win him votes he's rather attack Obama in hopes that he can scare people out of voting for him.

what in the hell are you even talking about Willow? McCain is the one not focusing ON THE ISSUES! are you so blinded by partisan bullshit that you can't see the truth? to say they are counter-attacking is bullshit and you know it.

McCain/Palin have been lying about Obama since the DNC. they lie about his tax plan, they lie about his working with the Republicans, they lie about anything and everything. Obama calling them liars isn't a smear when it's based on a FACT.

The Repubs can't win on the issues...they KNOW they can't win on the issues so rather than try to come up with a plan that would change the course of this country and possibly win him votes he's rather attack Obama in hopes that he can scare people out of voting for him.

did you see the bolded? Those were your words not mine.

cons have thrown their president over board

You reckon Bush saw Rev. Wright down there?

"I can no more disown [Rev. Wright] than I can disown the black community."

-Senator Obama, March 2008​

"When [Rev. Wright] states and then amplifies such ridiculous propositions as the U.S. government somehow being involved in AIDS; when he suggests Minister Farrakhan somehow represents one of the greatest voices of the 20th and 21st centuries; when he equates the United States's wartime efforts with terrorism; there are no excuses. They offend me. They rightly offend all Americans."

He also said Wright's comments "were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe they also end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church."

-Senator Obama, April 2008​

Link to Washingtonpost.com
-

Last edited:
okay so what do you get pissed at the Democrats about? :eusa_whistle:

ill quick name a few, because apparently you are too lazy to look at my past posts.

obama for turning to a negative campaign and promising things the govt obviously cant afford, the dems for supporting corn based ethanol which is a poor crop for producing ethanol, prohibiting domestic oil production, getting caught up in bashing bush instead of dealing with the issues, going along with the iraq war, encouraging housing loans to lower class people, inadequate education assistance programs, passing the idiotic bailout bill. those just off the top of my head. now, how bout you show some criticism of the repubs

ill quick name a few, because apparently you are too lazy to look at my past posts.

obama for turning to a negative campaign and promising things the govt obviously cant afford, the dems for supporting corn based ethanol which is a poor crop for producing ethanol, prohibiting domestic oil production, getting caught up in bashing bush instead of dealing with the issues, going along with the iraq war, encouraging housing loans to lower class people, inadequate education assistance programs, passing the idiotic bailout bill. those just off the top of my head. now, how bout you show some criticism of the repubs

fair enough,, the war. Bush should never have gone to Iraq, much better to have spent the money using our troops to seal our borders and back up our immigration laws. Get everybody out who has no right to be here. Then take a good look at what we nned to insure our saftey. Bush for not kicking Barney Frandk and Chris Dodd right square in the ass for their cover ups of F&F, also their blocking any regulation of F&F. Bush for not removing the tariff on sugar based ethanol and importing it from Brazil. Bush for allowing and even encouraging illegal aliens so his buddies could get cheap labor. Shame on him.

Excellent post.

I'll give you some:

1) They are supposed to be the party of moral fortitude but they can't seem to find any morals, it seems like every other week a Republican is indicted.

2) What happened to fiscal responsibility? It's the NATIONAL DEBT, STUPID! We all dance now but eventually someone has to pay the band.

3) Smaller government? That's a laugh, the government expanded tremenously in the last 8 years.

4) First the bailout and to pour salt in the wound - all the pork in the bailout.

5) Passing "No-child" and then NOT FUNDING IT, we run fundraisers to afford no school books. Where's the funding? Art and music and poetry and philosophy are important too.

6) Out-sourcing jobs. Clinton may have passed NAFTA but the Republicans piled on with more incentives to out-source including demanding that Mexican trucks be allowed to run all 48 states even though their fuel was subsidised and their trucks were unsafe.

7) Banning nail clippers from airplane and allowing 90% of shipping containers to enter U.S. ports uninspected.

8) "Mission accomplished", what a farce that was.

9) The War!! Not enough troops, the surge should have been day three of the war.

10) Medicare suppliment D ! Social Security runs dry in 2040 and the Republicans pass a huge entitlement plan! FIX SOCIAL SECURITY !

11) Personal retirement plans instead of Social Security. If that would have passed think of the trillions that would have been lost in the last month.

And the list goes on and on and on...

Last edited:
You reckon Bush saw Rev. Wright down there?

"I can no more disown [Rev. Wright] than I can disown the black community."

-Senator Obama, March 2008​

"When [Rev. Wright] states and then amplifies such ridiculous propositions as the U.S. government somehow being involved in AIDS; when he suggests Minister Farrakhan somehow represents one of the greatest voices of the 20th and 21st centuries; when he equates the United States's wartime efforts with terrorism; there are no excuses. They offend me. They rightly offend all Americans."

He also said Wright's comments "were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe they also end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church."

-Senator Obama, April 2008​

Link to Washingtonpost.com
-

What choice did Wright give Obama? It was like Wright was daring Obama to not disavow him. He made statements that were intentionally meant to make Obama choose between him and his desire to bring real change to this country.

One man sacraficed for the good of a nation isn't much of a loss IMO. Wright is entitled to his views and he expressed them as he deemed fit but until Obama gained national attention he didn't have the power to make his views known to the world. he was attempting to use his relationship with Obama to spread his messaaee of racial division and hatred and Obama refused to allow that to happen. Personally I commend Obama for standing up and saying enough is enough.

What choice did Wright give Obama? It was like Wright was daring Obama to not disavow him. He made statements that were intentionally meant to make Obama choose between him and his desire to bring real change to this country.

One man sacraficed for the good of a nation isn't much of a loss IMO. Wright is entitled to his views and he expressed them as he deemed fit but until Obama gained national attention he didn't have the power to make his views known to the world. he was attempting to use his relationship with Obama to spread his messaaee of racial division and hatred and Obama refused to allow that to happen. Personally I commend Obama for standing up and saying enough is enough.

Wright will be the first one invited to the dinner table.

If that was the way of it, I agree with you.

But what if Rev. Wright was always like that?

I can't read minds, but the way it looks to me is Rev. Wright was like "You liked what I was saying well enough when I was helping you get elected. I thought my views were your views." and he felt betrayed by Senator Obama. They had been friends for 20 years. Why else would Rev. Wright attempt to sabatoge his friends campaign?

Last edited:
Having just scanned this thread, I remember exactly why I objected to heterogenius groupings in educational settings.

If that was the way of it, I agree with you.

But what if Rev. Wright was always like that?

I can't read minds, but the way it looks to me is Rev. Wright was like "You liked what I was saying well enough when I was helping you get elected. I thought my views were your views." and he felt betrayed by Senator Obama. They had been friends for 20 years. Why else would Rev. Wright attempt to sabatoge his friends campaign?

when and what did Rev White do to help Obama get elected? do you have details?

and no one knows what Obama and Wright may have discussed in private. Obama may have vehemently disagreed with him on the issue of race relations but they agreed on other issues. One issue of disagreement doesn't necessarily erode a friendship.

As for why he'd want to sabotage Obama...well think of it like this... if your entire identity is wrapped up in the notion that the "white man" is keeping you down and you see a black man elected to the office of Presidency, what does that do to your claim? It blows it out of the water doesn't it?

it tells you it's time to move on from hating "whitey" because you're now only held back by your own limits. That's a pretty big incentive to sabotage Obama IMO. There are in fact plenty of black leaders who are only in power because of their continued race baiting against the white establishment. It's a common thread that they use to hold the black community together.

Racism is STILL a huge problem, make no mistake about that, but they exploit every incident of black v white as proof, when that's not the case.

when and what did Rev White do to help Obama get elected? do you have details?

and no one knows what Obama and Wright may have discussed in private. Obama may have vehemently disagreed with him on the issue of race relations but they agreed on other issues. One issue of disagreement doesn't necessarily erode a friendship.

As for why he'd want to sabotage Obama...well think of it like this... if your entire identity is wrapped up in the notion that the "white man" is keeping you down and you see a black man elected to the office of Presidency, what does that do to your claim? It blows it out of the water doesn't it?

it tells you it's time to move on from hating "whitey" because you're now only held back by your own limits. That's a pretty big incentive to sabotage Obama IMO. There are in fact plenty of black leaders who are only in power because of their continued race baiting against the white establishment. It's a common thread that they use to hold the black community together.

Racism is STILL a huge problem, make no mistake about that, but they exploit every incident of black v white as proof, when that's not the case.

A persons motivations are rarely truly known, even by the person who is motivated by them.

"Who knows the evil that lurks in the heart of men?"

-The Shadow​

A persons motivations are rarely truly known, even by the person who is motivated by them.

"Who knows the evil that lurks in the heart of men?"

-The Shadow​

that is true. So what do you do? Believe the worst about someone or the best?

I choose to believe that Obama does not adhere, and never has, to Wright's way of thinking and the way I come to the conclusion is his actions over the years. Not only his speechs but what he's done in communities and in the State Legislature and in the Senate.

Silence Wrote
I choose to believe that Obama does not adhere, and never has, to Wright's way of thinking and the way I come to the conclusion is his actions over the years. Not only his speechs but what he's done in communities and in the State Legislature and in the Senate.

Then why did he have such a strong relationship with the man? Why did he sit in his church for 20 years? Why did he marry and baptize his children in that church with that man as officiant? Why did he use his role in government to bring money to the man's church and to causes he supported? Why did he identify him as a mentor? Why did he use his words when writing his book?

I agree, Silence, that you can be friends with someone whom with you disagree with on key issues. But I have to disagree with you on your conclusions based on Obama's actions...I instead, see Obama as someone who was more than willing to either go along with or ignore Wright's statements while they were either non-harmful and/or politically helpful to him. I see him as someone who found much he liked in Wright's beliefs, hence why he involved his children in Wrights church...I see Obama as someone who wanted Wright's church, and Wright's message to grow and reach more people...hence his political assistance in getting them government monies...I see him as someone who believed in some, who knows how much, of Wright's message...hence why Wright had a role in Obama's life and campaign, up until the time when Obama threw him under the bus because his poll numbers were suffering.

I do not think we will ever know the extent of the Obama-Wright relationship, how much they agreed on or disagreed on...but I am surprised that you are willing to overlook so much and simply say "I believe that Barak Obama sat in the man's church and listened to him for 2 decades, gave him money, considered him a mentor...but didn't really believe most of what he was saying..." simply because it doesn't fit into your preferred view of your candidate.

On a closing note...I DO feel that the Wright issue has been "done". I feel that people have made up their mind one way or the other and I hope that the media and/or the McCain campaign does not try to bring it up again...that doesnt mean, however...that I will stop expressing my surprise at people who feel that it is irrelevant...only that I don't think that the media needs to bring it up again on a large scale.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back