Federal Suppressor Ban Introduced! If It Becomes Law, You’ll Have 90 Days to Turn ‘Em In

No. Impact down range is barely audible, even on typical iron targets at 100 meters plus. That "Crack" in the air is the bullet breaking the sound barrier, not the impact. Suppressor suppress the muzzle blast sound to an extent but certainly does not silence anything.

You can shoot subsonic rounds which helps a lot.
But I wouldnt want to for hunting.

No cause you know, we don't do that kinda thing in the USMC, and I still go to the range regularly. You are so dumb. Even when I was in we had ear protection. I simply asked why you thought you needed one? My goodness you guys babble off.
Because ear-pro only helps if you keep it on the entire time. Never been on a range when some jerk starts before you're ready? I wear electronic ear-pro so I can hear boosted voices around me but still be protected from the sudden high decibel stuff. I haven't bothered with even trying to go through that process to get a feckin' 200 dollar tax stamp because heaven forfend I should forget to put the can back in the safe and my wife or daughter get pulled over with a suppressor in the vehicle. That's a felony, simply for forgetting to put the can away and keep it in MY POSSESSION, ONLY.
Finally... I don't give a rat's ass why you think I should have to satisfy you to exercise MY rights.

No cause you know, we don't do that kinda thing in the USMC, and I still go to the range regularly. You are so dumb. Even when I was in we had ear protection. I simply asked why you thought you needed one? My goodness you guys babble off.
I notice you didn't have anything to say about mass shootings with suppressed weapons.

Turn them in!

Ohh yeah, here we go.. :yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12:

YOU DO NOT NEED A SUPRESSOR, YOU DO NOT NEED AN ASSAULT RIFLE-15, READ MY LIPS! TURN THEM IN!

Two federal lawmakers last week reintroduced legislation to ban and confiscate suppressors nationwide.

U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12) last Thursday brought back to Capitol Hill what’s known as the “HEAR Act.”

HEAR Act stands for Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act. And it would prohibit the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer, and possession of suppressors. Emphasis was added on “possession” for the obvious reason. It means even current can owners would be affected!

“Gun silencers are devices designed for a very specific purpose – to suppress the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims and reduce the chances they can run, hide, take cover, and call the police during an active shooter situation,” said Sen. Menendez in a press release obtained by GunsAmerica.

“It is well past time that we pass the HEAR Act, legislation that would prevent armed assailants from using deadly devices that only make incidents of gun violence all the more dangerous,” he added.

Along with the sweeping ban, the HEAR Act would (per the press release):

• Authorize a buyback program for silencers using Byrne JAG grants;
  • Provide individuals with a 90-day grace period after the date of enactment for individuals to comply with the ban;
  • Provide limited exceptions for certain current and former law enforcement personnel, for certain Atomic Energy personnel and purpose, and for certain authorized testing or experimentation.
Not surprisingly, the legislation is backed by a collection of the usual suspects.

Senate cosponsors include, Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Cory Booker (D-New Jersey), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).

You appear to be flailing your Pom Poms like any number of ignorant twits who have the Hollywood’ized version of “silencers”.

There won’t be a ban.

Will there be a ban on your thread spamming?
It is my thread :rolleyes:

OP.JPG

I know what a suppressor is and does. Why would I want one?
If you do a lot of shooting ot hunting you might want one to help preserve your hearing.

If you do a lot of shooting ot hunting you might want one to help preserve your hearing.

Ok, well that makes sense. I am pretty deaf anyway from small arms and F18s. Back in the 80's we sometimes wore hearing protection.

It's one thing to outlaw new purchases of A.R. weapons but once they open the door for confiscation, the 2nd Amendment is done. Law abiding citizens become felons at the stroke of a pen. Don't kid your self. This banning stuff is just a preamble. The left is aiming at confiscation.

Easy,so they can shoot without ear protection.
You need to be able to hear when hunting.
Besides it's not like the gun is totally silent in fact they're far from it. You can still hear a suppressed rifle or pistol from miles away.
You can still hear the crack of the bullet as it breaks the sound barrier.

It's formulaic that those with the most vociferous opinions about guns know the least about them.

Forum List

Back