Federal judge rules in favor of Abrams to delay state certification, protect provisional ballots

Good news. GOP definitely engaged in some dirty politics here. I still dont understand how you can be in charge of the election voting and be a candidate as well. All those broken voting machines in primarily Dem districts? Fucking asshole was cheating as most repubs do.

A lot of rules were put in to disenfranchise voters that were new.... when judges are involved, they always side with the constitution and it's intent.... some arbitrary time constraint, loses against democracy and our right to have representation.... we had a REVOLUTION over it!

no taxation,
without representation!

in the 2000 recount all the courts laughed off these time lines and cutoffs that truly served no purpose....
winners don't get sworn in and start their jobs until January 2019... plenty of time, to count ALL the votes

ALSO, this was the largest midterm election in history! at least in my lifetime! Lots more votes to count! lot's more ways to vote, early ballots, absentee ballots, mail in ballots, provisional ballots, and election day ballots...

Florida, and all states, need to change their rules and certification timelines, so all the votes can be counted imo.

These timelines were created when they had near half the voters they do now.... wonder why the Florida Republican gvt, never revised the timeline to accommodate all of their voters?

why? Because the fewer legally cast votes that are counted, the better the chance Republicans win.... the more votes counted that were cast legally, the lesser chance of Repubs winning, I suppose...?

In 2000's recount all the judges laughed at the rules and the timelines, recount was going on a near month later.... missing timelines is NOT FRAUD.... it's making certain all votes are counted....

I sure as hell would not want my vote to be thrown out because a supervisor was overwhelmed and could not call in a vote count every 45 minutes or report a total 30 minutes after a poll closed....

that is utterly ridiculous and harmful to our democracy.

These timelines were created when they had near half the voters they do now.... wonder why the Florida Republican gvt, never revised the timeline to accommodate all of their voters?

why? Because the fewer legally cast votes that are counted, the better the chance Republicans win.... the more votes counted that were cast legally, the lesser chance of Repubs winning, I suppose...?

In 2000's recount all the judges laughed at the rules and the timelines, recount was going on a near month later.... missing timelines is NOT FRAUD.... it's making certain all votes are counted....

I sure as hell would not want my vote to be thrown out because a supervisor was overwhelmed and could not call in a vote count every 45 minutes or report a total 30 minutes after a poll closed....

that is utterly ridiculous and harmful to our democracy.

It is not harmful to a democracy...it is the cornerstone of a democracy.
It's called "Checks and Balances." It's called maintaining the integrity
of the election.

65 other counties reported their totals 30 minutes after the election...then
these two could do that also. They don't have to physically count the votes
just add the vote totals from each machine. Were not trying to orbit the moon. Just add up the vote totals in each voting place and call it in.
The Supervisor of elections just adds them all up. Now, that wench probably
struggles with that, but she should be competent and the residents of the
County should demand it, for fear of their vote not being counted.

btw...in 2000 the SCOTUS Justices didn't laugh. They stopped it.
They found that there was a violation of the Equal Protection clause,
because different counties were counting "dimples" or not counting
"dimples." They then ruled that because there wasn't time to start
over and complete by the deadline...The recount must end.

The Florida Legislature had already set a date (I forget the actual date)
that all votes must be counted or they would vote so as not to endanger
Florida losing its 25 electoral votes at the time.

This thing gets to the Supreme Court they will throw out all 78,000 of
those ballots in Broward County that appeared in a closest after the
election.

no taxation,
without representation!.
So, if you pay no taxes, you get no vote?

Very well. I agree.

^ so stupid

Amen! Everyone pays taxes - because everything is taxed.

Do Progressives still wonder why they're able to completely destroy an economy like Venezuela's in a decade?
the only people in government that destroyed and decimated the economy was George w Bush and Republicans, with the great recession!

Democrats always have to come in and CLEAN UP your/Republican MESSES and Economic DISASTERS that the republicans have left them with.... time and time again!

Trump is doing the same thing, he has created a bubble, by deficit spending tax cuts for corporations, that we've had to borrow the money to pay for them....

When it BUSTS, which it will... once again the Democrats will be left with cleaning the Republican mess up!

That's a fact, jack!

no taxation,
without representation!.

Very well. I agree.

^ so stupid

Do Progressives still wonder why they're able to completely destroy an economy like Venezuela's in a decade?
the only people in government that destroyed and decimated the economy was George w Bush and Republicans, with the great recession!

Democrats always have to come in and CLEAN UP your/Republican MESSES and Economic DISASTERS that the republicans have left them with.... time and time again!

Trump is doing the same thing, he has created a bubble, by deficit spending tax cuts for corporations, that we've had to borrow the money to pay for them....

When it BUSTS, which it will... once again the Democrats will be left with cleaning the Republican mess up!

That's a fact, jack!

"These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis." Barney Frank regarding the 2 entities that needed $200,000,000,000 to bail out

It's largely about provisional ballots that have "verification" issues. And not about a person voting twice. Kemp closed hundreds of voting places. If the gop doesn't like the results, it should reopen voting places, and make voting less time consuming with more voting machines, and streamline how voters can ID themselves. If a person can cash a check at "pay day" they should be able to vote without much trouble.

Some people prove daily how stupid they are. Dimshit programs and actions are by far the greatest creators of debt in this country any kindergartner could do enough marh to know that only a dimbulbshit would have the ignorance to make a statement to the contrary. The Supreme Court will rule against any unconstitutional interference in or violation of state election laws as it did in Bush v Gore.

What is with all of the delays being allowed? Is she expecting to find a couple of trucks of votes in her favor? You guys voted last Tuesday, I mean, they don't even know how many votes are outstanding.

Federal judge rules in favor of Abrams to delay state certification, protect provisional ballots
It will happen.

It is required by law to already have the number of ballots collected reported and the number of ballots checked reported. There should not be one 'new' ballot.

BTW, the order to preserve ballots is the same order the Broward Country Election Official violated when caught destroying ballots....

Very well. I agree.

^ so stupid

That's a fact, jack!

"These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis." Barney Frank regarding the 2 entities that needed $200,000,000,000 to bail out
HOGWASH

Barnie Frank couldn't do a damn thing but mouth off... HE WAS IN THE MINORITY with your regurgitated infamous video of him, the Republicans WERE IN the Majority, mr. silly one who repeats false republican talking points of nothingness!

What is with all of the delays being allowed? Is she expecting to find a couple of trucks of votes in her favor? You guys voted last Tuesday, I mean, they don't even know how many votes are outstanding.

It will happen.

It is required by law to already have the number of ballots collected reported and the number of ballots checked reported. There should not be one 'new' ballot.

BTW, the order to preserve ballots is the same order the Broward Country Election Official violated when caught destroying ballots....
Were you in Russia or diapers during the 2000 recount? :p

Every ruling from the Florida courts ruled in favor of the citizen's vote being counted and through out every objection brought to court regarding legal timelines being missed, the courts REJECTED the arbitrary timelines, until the US Supreme court came in and stopped the vote count to hand on a gold platter, GWB the win.

The lawsuit of Scott's this past week on timelines, was rejected by the judge yesterday.

So, the judge, who is a conservative Judge, ruled against Scott, and is taking the same stance and following legal precedence.... the citizen's vote, is more important than some arbitrary timeline....

New Topics

Forum List

Back